[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Congratulations to Larry Brown and the members of the EB/EC

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:43 pm 

In Boz's letter from GRACE, he says:

"These actions by NTM leadership seem consistent with a heart that desires to finally do the right thing for the right reasons. Let us remain hopeful as we continue to be watchful....."

The key words here are SEEM and CONTINUE TO BE WATCHFUL. Hope is great if it is being exercised in the right place. We will hope in the Lord and not assume a big turn around in NTM. Yet. Not until we see abuses that are going on right now stopped.

Maybe this should be on another thread. But Bonnie is right. Hope carefully.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:37 pm 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but when it was first posted that Larry Brown traveled to GA, and talked to law enforcement, I did not doubt that such action actually took place. I may not be as jaded as some (not judging, for others have ample reason to doubt), but from a legal standpoint, would NTM disseminate such actions if, in fact, such steps had NOT occurred. The distinction from past actions taken by NTM is clearly seen for past "reportings" or "dealings" with abuse were kept "in-house" and not easily refuted (just ask COURAGEOUS and others who had to deal with past NTM "in-house" dealings). This latest step could easily be corroborated (one other person has just done so); but my point is that had NTM just put out they took such action and THEY HAD NOT DONE SO, how stupid would that have been????!!!!!!! Remember, if anything, Larry, et. al., are attempting to win back trust. To act fraudulently in this instance would have been to reap the whirlwind.

So, while I appreciate healthy skepticism, let's not be like the defense attorney cross-examining the medical examiner and pressing him as to whether he was SURE the alleged victim had died. In response to the persistent questioning the ME said he was sure the victim was dead as he was holding the victim's brains in his hands at examination. To which the persistent, if utterly bone-headed, counsel retorted, "But were you sure he was not alive." The ME replied, "No, I suppose he could be alive and practicing law somewhere!" (THIS IS A TRUE EXAMPLE, BY THE WAY!).

Healthy skepticism is okay . . .but let's not go overboard.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm 

@ OT: I don't remember including surrogate back-flips on my website. Must have been the fine-print I my overzealous law clerk included. (geez!!) As Prince Humperdink is reputed to have said, "Good help is so hard to find!"

However, might I suggest a solution to your "contractual conundrum"? Statute of Frauds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 pm 

George soros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm 

@ OT: nice form! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm 

I will stick my neck out publicly- because I've already PMed Bonnie about agreeing with her- and say that I also am not that excited about the EC's latest doings. Sure, it's great they did this. But as someone else said, they SHOULD do it and should have done it how many years ago.

I don't think any of them stuck their necks out by going to the sherrif with the information. I think they would have and probably did weigh that all out well in advance, as to how it could or could not affect them each personally, and as a mission.

So, great for them. They did what they should. I hate hearing how "it's a start." A start to what?? How many times does NTM have to "start?"

We should all be very careful about telling each other how to feel, or what is over-the-top and what isn't, in my humble opinion. I can see 100% why some might not feel very hopeful, even with the latest developments; why some may still remain very skeptical and conversely, I can see why some are excited and hopeful.

As a therapist once said, "We can't define someone else's reality." We really can't. People are where they are in this journey, and it's OK if some are hopeful at this and some aren't. I really don't see anyone going overboard on this topic or being overly-skeptical. I just see people where they're "at" right now, and that they have very good reasons for being at that place.

So, I hated to jump in on this, I really did, because I'm an 'outsider.' But I wanted to support those who aren't feeling particularly hopeful at this point, because I can really see their side of it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:04 pm 

@ Mrs. M: I see your heart and acknowledge your side of things. My earlier post (and I suspect, others, as well) was simply to give credit where credit was due (even if the actual doing was WAY long overdue!). To do so was in no way to minimize the injustices of the past.

Can those who've suffered for so long be hopeful, even if such hope is minimal when considered through the prism of the past? Can those who desire to adopt the "trust but verify" approach engage in skepticism without negating those who are hopeful? Might I suggest that one can be both hopeful, yet skeptical; positive steps can be highlighted without betraying the notion that the road ahead remains long, and the journey towards healing must continue in a persistent and consistent manner on the part of NTM.

Neither skepticism nor rising hope need be mutually exclusive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next