[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Name that Pedophile

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Name that Pedophile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:48 am 

Oh, Befused, cut the bonds and come with us!
I think you could have it right about your father being his own god.
It's so easy to have idols.
None of us are perfect. (As you know!)
But we really KNOW the One who IS.
Come!

I think the wine will already be there. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:57 am 

I'm not ready to go to heaven yet, I'm still on assignment down here, got a few things to do.

Now about this wine, better be sweet, after all according to him who I cut the bond with a little while ago, I has a "bitter spirit" and might need to neutralise that :shock: . However I suspect the diagnosis was wrong, the spirit ain't bitter, its just upset the applecart of one who sees himself as the discerner of entrants unto the Everlasting Reward.

So you go on ahead if you like. Find a nice room with lovely views of mountains and the sea and find a plaque that says "Bemused, a good honest decent MK, just delayed by earthly assignments for a while" and put it on the door for me :roll:

P.s. I don't drink, Hep A as a child, so you'll have to have a drink for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:10 pm 

Befused!
We don't know who is going when!
Just want to know you are coming when you are supposed to.
Yes, will make your room ready.
Oh, I don't think I am in charge of that.

Please just do a truth search with new glasses on....... :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:25 pm 

There may be a bit of a cultural difference here. Some cultures don't discuss politics, many don't discuss sex. New Zealanders tend to be fairly reserved about discussing what they believe in and if they attend church, its considered a fairly private matter.
I am quite comfortable about where I sit spiritually, it may not be so understandable to others. The great Christians I know had a simple faith and lived lives where they helped others, this I aspire to also achieve. For me sitting in church, waving my hands and pretending to be enjoying it is not comfortable, so I don't (I also work half of my Sundays). I have to be honest with myself, before I am honest with others.
I have no objection to others sharing their faith with me, after all many of you have kindly read my ramblings and thoughts on this site and for me to deny you the opportunity to share what is important to you would simply make me into the person I am desperately trying to avoid becoming, namely my father.
Yes I do plan on getting to heaven eventually, just I have quite a bit of work to concentrate on terra firma. I hope this clarifies matters.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 pm 

Everyone doesn't wave their hands. :)
Oh, I would have to say that.
(But it's true.)
I hear you and you are being MUCH more open than those who surrounded you growing up.
Blessings!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:13 pm 

Bemused, I have been thinking about you all day, sometimes shaking my head and wonderng, sometimes chucklng to myself over your "ramblings", sometimes talking to the Lord about you too. I did chuckle at your opinion of those who "wave their hands in church" (is that the way you said it?). Just a few years ago, God gave me the freedom to worship HIM by lifting my hands in praise to Him. And that is what I truly feel it has been, freedom in my spirit, after so many years of feeling "oh, no; one mustn't do that and be like 'those' Christians." But, what I've learned is that to NOT do what God has given me freedom to do, puts me in bondage to men and their rules and regulations. No, I am defintely not a "no rules" person. I tend to be more systematic and could easily be legalistic, I think. But, have been learning much about God's grace and how freeing it really is. There are many things in the Christian life that we can have choice in the matter. But, when His Word is 'black and white' about something, then we must be too. Salvation is one of those things that is specific and God is exact in what He expectsand who and what He will accept. I am glad not to have His "job" of deciding, but one thing I know He will always be consistent with His Word and will always deal justly with men. I don't recall you mentioning much about the Bible or the Word of God. I am praying that you will get into that Book. It will surely show you, if you want it to, if there are changes and adjustments that need to be made in your thinking. Because it is the Living Word, it can meet the need of every individual who comes to it with an open heart and open mind. I really want to see you in Heaven with that eternal grin. Please follow the Way He has made for you. Oh, what a Savior He is and He loves you and calls you to Himself. Our journey here on earth in God's plan is not so much about "what we do" but rather what He is already doing and would have us join with Him in relationship through Jesus. Then we can together do the "works already planned for us" from eternity past. Prayng for you, Bemused.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:30 pm 

Suspect we don't quite have the selection of churches that are available in some countries. Here one is either the very traditional (Episcopalian I think is the term, we say Anglican) type, almost Catholic at times, or the Charasmatic/Pentecostal end of the spectrum. It can be hard to find anything in the middle. Ironically there are very few of the traditional churches left where I live, as the earthquake last February destroyed many of them, as they were old stone structures (no jokes about God moving in mysterious ways :o )
I'm a little mystified as to why it seems to be assumed I'm some sort of Athiest MK, its not the case, I'm on a website dealing with historic child abuse and my primary focus is to see justice occur and help others on their journey of healing. The fact that the abuse occured within the confines of a "religous" organisation of course means that spiritual issues will no doubt be raised and that is fine.
For the last 30 years of my life people have shaken their heads and wondered about who I am, simple reason I stick out like a sore thumb as a male nurse. I have my own style, because I will never fit the traditional image of a nurse (to give a clue, I'm bald, shave more often than the average nurse and am not at all feminine). But most of my colleagues value me for what I uniquely bring to the workplace, there are a few who will never accept me, purely because they don't think men should be nurses and I have to put up with that. Almost all my patients think I'm the biggest laugh they've every met, but they know they can rely on me to represent their best interests and I actually do know what I'm doing.
So it is a little bit the same in this situation. I live at the bottom of the world, isolated from almost every other MK, so naturally I see the world a little different and I have my own style of writing and thinking. It doesn't make me someone to be pitied or viewed suspiciously, but perhaps worth getting to know, after all variety is the spice of life.
And of course no objection to prayers being offered up for one Downunder MK ;) .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:00 am 

No, Bemused, I sure don't see you as an atheist MK, far from that. I will always be sorry that you have suffered injustly especially at the hands of those who claimed to know God. That certainly hurts the heart of God, but it in no means makes Him less than He is. The country that we work in readily accepts male nurses and I believe in our home country that is becoming more and more common as well. Thank you for being good at your profession and offering hope and help to those who are in need of your medical expertise. You actually remind me a lot of one of our sons in your sensitivity, your creative mind and spirit, and your interesting way of thinking and expressing yourself. Keep your heart sensitive to Him and His Wrod as you serve others with hands and heart.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:14 am 

It's rather odd to be the mission field, isn't it? I know some MK's that would rebel spiritually just to see if THAT would get their dad's attention. About the black and white--funny that every church has their own definition of what that is. The Word can be interpreted so many ways . . .

Bemused, at least it shows they care. You gonna watch the Super Bowl?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 am 

:)

I appreciate that, Allbetter.

(Now I'm waiting to see if our Downunder friend Bemused says, "What's the Super Bowl?" LOL)

He may be too busy preparing his pooping magpie squadron to be interested in the American version of football!

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next