[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Name that Pedophile

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 Post subject: Re: Name that Pedophile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:05 am 

I don't really know how to write this, but I wouldn't confine Steve Armor's victims as just relatives. There were two times I felt lucky to have escaped his reach. One: I was going to stay the night with the twins on a Friday night. We had all been sitting on the couch watching a movie and I was feeling uneasy/uncomfortable. It struck me at the time, because I had never felt uncomfortable at their house before. But Steve wasn't usually home when I was there. We were all scrunched together on the couch, but I wasn't sitting directly next to him. I got up to get a drink and on the way back I just didn't want to go close to him. The way he was looking at me scared me. I just left and went home without saying anything. Two: One day playing with the twins, TwinA said that her dad wanted us to visit him at his work. I only remember it being one of the twins & I that went to the shed. So we went to his workplace...that little shed with his computers. He was showing stuff on the computer and TwinA said she was going to go out and play. I don't remember what was said, but feeling like if I didn't stay I was going against an adult. But I left anyway. I felt bad for being rude, but in hindsight I'm glad I did leave. I don't think TwinA had any idea what was going on. And it was the one and only time we ever visited him while he was at work. All that to say, I believe it was only God's grace. I have one other repressed memory from a younger age at the Armor's house. I was 4 or 5? I remember tidbits and feelings and hiding and crying. And "Tutti Fruiti". It never bothered me until it was said in an intimate setting as an adult. I froze in fear. Couldn't move. Couldn't breathe. Absolutely terrified as a full grown adult. Just shaking and frozen. Took an hour to somewhat recover and getting back to being sensible. I have no idea if "Tutti Fruiti" was connected to Steve or not. Maybe I'm cowardly, but I don't want to remember. Anyway, just my two bits.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:41 pm 

Thank you very much for sharing!
I hope it was at least helpful to you.
We are glad for any memories shared here.
Always hopeful that others will be helped.
As well as the one who shared.
It is so difficult.
And goes on and on.
We Always hope for resolution and help and healing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 pm 

viamk7, I am glad your instincts told you to get away from Steve, and that you listened to your instincts. I agree, he probably did have victims who were not relatives, considering those "vibes" you were getting from him.

I feel frustrated about the lack of significant consequences .... the many former NTM missionaries who harmed children and got away with it makes me sick. I think they all believe they are untouchable ... grrr ....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 pm 

Are they?
Because of the overseas rule then?
Despicable! :x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:37 pm 

I would like to hear from anyone that would like to contribute to the overall picture of Via, general or specific. Thank you ViaMK7 . . .Im an alum if you want to talk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:29 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 pm 

ViaMK7 I haven't been on the forum in years but Caring alerted me to your post. One of the reasons I started this thread is because I was certain that Steve had abused other girls as well; not just his nieces. I am so glad you were able to get away from him both times you mentioned. Those two situations you described were situations in which he had molested girls so I'm really glad it didn't happen to you. What you are describing after that sounds like you were triggered by something that's been suppressed in your memory. I think I've already mentioned on here that I have two cousins who have partial memories of a time period, a place, certain specific things they can remember, but then they can't remember what happened. But both of these cousins have been triggered by certain things. It happens out of the blue but it can be something someone says or does and they react the same way you are describing. I am positive they have been abused by him because of the partial memories they have line up with the time line, the situations, the same way Steve abused. I don't say that to scare you. When you've gone through something traumatic the brain literally does not know how to process the situation. So it gets "stuck" where that memory is concerned. If the brain is never able to really process that memory and deal with it, often people have symptoms that they have no idea are related to this hidden memory. The first time I went to counseling it was because I didn't want there to be anything in my life related to the abuse where I was "stuck." I didn't want the devil to have a foothold anywhere. I wanted to get it all out. I didn't want there to be patterns of behavior or thought or anything that were related to the abuse; cycling in my life. Counseling was so good for me. It affirmed that what I had been through was awful (other people had minimized the abuse a lot). In talking I actually realized that a lot of behavior I had explained away was actually abusive. I kept trying to give Steve the benefit of the doubt but when you see it all laid out in black and white through all the years and all the things that happened you just can't explain that away. I realize it's scary to not know what that memory might be but at the same time don't you want to be completely healed? If you do, I would just start praying that God would reveal it to you if there's something that needs to be revealed and at the right time. And maybe pray about possibly going to counseling too if that would be what God uses to help reveal this. I have a memory of a time when my brother and I stayed the weekend at Steve's house when they lived in Anapolis. Anytime I think of that time period I feel extremely uncomfortable and vulnerable yet I can't remember any abuse that happened distinctly to me at that time. But it also makes sense that if he had abused you during that time where you don't have the memory; it makes sense that you would have avoided him the other two times because you knew he was bad. Anyway, I just want all victims to find healing. That is how this entire post can be summed up. You know who I am right? Angela DiCicco (Templeton) I'm here if you need anything or want to talk more about any of this. You are loved.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:44 pm 

Such great encouragement, Survivor.
Thank you!
From a parent.........

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:52 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37