MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 265  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:07 pm 

"We are in receipt of you email. GRACE is in the process of making certain recommendations to NTM regarding what process should be used to investigate past abuse issues at other NTM boarding schools. We hope to have that to them within the next 10 days. We will communicate with you once such a process has been determined. In the meantime, please encourage others who may have been abused at Vianopolis to make contact with GRACE. Thank you very much for making contact. Be encouraged....

Peace

Boz Tchividjian, Esq.
Executive Director, GRACE
www.netgrace.org"

This was posted about a week ago. Has anything come about yet? Does anyone know if Grace has contacted NTM?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:16 pm 

My mom got an email from GRACE a couple days ago telling her that they are giving the final recommendations to NTM about Fanda, they want that finished before starting with another school, and then they will move on to another school. I know everyone is anxious to see progress but GRACE has to answer all of NTM questions about the recommendations for Fanda before they can close that investigation. The question is, which school will be next?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:52 am 

I am an outside MK and understand the situation to the extent that an outsider can. And I say, act.

Why wait for the Grace report? Why wait for the mission to act when it has left these men in place for years? Why wait for outside publicity to put pressure on the predators. You are adults and you are rightly, angry. Act. You are not powerless children any more and you have the evidence. Act on the behalf of the people you love who were so badly damaged by these sexual predators. Act on behalf of the children that are having their lives taken away right now by these predators...while we write these words. Put those evil men in jail or in a place where they can't ruin other people's lives. Their acts are monstrous. They have had mercy for many years (gotten away with it) and have had a chance to repent before God if such was their intention. Now give them justice.

The mission should act - I absolutely agree. The mission should take the Grace recommendations about Fanda and duplicate them here. But I do not know if it will. Entrenched negative cultures sometimes take earthquakes to dislodge. However, the fear of a lawsuit is a mighty, mighty motivator. I have seen that over and over in the organizations I work for.

Now, I do not know the unintended consequences of such a lawsuit on those bringing it. I do believe, however, that people can bring lawsuits on the behalf of others. Any lawyers in your group? Grace has proven to be trustworthy and knows the system. Ask and take their advice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58 pm 

@ ornery: if that man, hypothetical or not, were to turn to his wife and say that, i do not believe he would leave in disgrace, but would leave with more honor than could be marshaled by most.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:21 pm 

"in a way" . . .I just LOVE the dissembling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:28 pm 

so, does that make you "Bo" or "Luke" or just maybe "Cooter"???? LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:34 pm 

Always. . . . good hunting, ornery!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 pm 

you ramble alot :o :shock: :o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:38 pm 

Hang in there, sonnet, seems like you might have had a rough day - you remind me a lot of a good friend of mine - tendency to be harshly honest (: I´m glad to see you talking! And I did see your smile, it was great!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:20 pm 

Just a question to any who care to answer . . . why does a forum get "locked by request" when that forum is a place where we MKs can come to air out our thoughts, feelings, lembrancas, pain, etc.

Honestly, when I saw that "kari" had put the forum was "locked by request", I had the old feeling of "walking on eggshells" all over again . . . .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 265  Next