[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - BEWARE--UNMEDICATED/FIERCE/MANIC COMMENTS OF A LEGAL NATURE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 265  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:22 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:38 pm 

Thanks for the memories!
Yes, the news often spread to other fields/ other people
Or we met the Brazilians somewhere along the way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:39 pm 

Because we cared about other people
On other fields
And what they were doing
That was productive
Little did we know the rest of it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:56 am 

In April of 1989, a teacher at New Tribes Bible Institute at 1210 E. Michigan Av., who had a poster of a rabbit on his door that said, "You are what you eat," informed me that I still thought like my father. He said that someday he would explain to me what he meant.

In other news, Chris Mechler was a good imitator on skit night.

In other news, the choir trips were awesome!
One time, we drove through Hell, Michigan.
Ludington, Michigan
Flint (Mayfair Bible Church)
Chatham, Ontario
Wyoming Baptist in Grand Rapids
St. Johns, north of Lansing....Larry Smith's church. Larry helped move New Tribes from Wisconsin to Sanford. He could drive a big rig. Big Hoss (Ben Royer) was down there in the sun putting up sheet rock and Larry was on CB channel 9 and 19....convoy.
Breaker breaker
CB radio
CB
What was that teacher's name?
What is that Bette Midler song, "Did you ever know that you have dust under the bureau?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:07 am 

I remember Macon Hare and I were rearranging tables and chairs in the refei after lunch during conference in July of 1983. I remember Macon visiting "East" Brazil again in 1985. Anyways, thinking back, why would the chairman of New Tribes have to rearrange chairs, tables and those wooden benches after lunch? What kind of lazy men would stand around while one of the oldest missionaries at the conference, and essentially the CEO of a global company, moved furniture?
If I were Macon, I would have found it curious to be surrounded by so many lazy men.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:20 am 

Macon Hare was part of the generation that lived through the Great Depression
it seems like Macon had money before he joined the mission
He gave something up to spread the gospel
It would be my opinion that he fully bought in to Paul Fleming's challenge

So, you give up wealth
You pour yourself into a eternal project
You raise your kids in the Amazon jungle
You do all the right things
You become chairman
Maybe you start hearing bad news
You visit Via in 1983
You go back in 1985
I think I remember Ken Johnston in Peniel in 1977, but to get visits from royalty in 1983 and then soon thereafter in 1985, I just wonder what kind of reports were trickling into Sanford in the early 80's

Ah yes, Rich Rayl.
Sherlock Holmes.

Now these leaders in high places start getting more and more information

What do you do in America when the manure gets too high?
Enter stage left: the attorney
Ross the Boss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:22 am 

December 1994
Ross
Letter to troops
"Good job, East Brazil. Like AYSO soccer, everyone gets a trophy and a snack. And Frank goes on maintenance. The end."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:27 am 

New Tribes bus
Ross
Passenger 56
Thump, Thump
Hey Sidebothan. Slow down. We just ran over something.
"Don't worry," purrs Sidebotham. "He was already almost dead."

Did you know that Alton Cothron's father fought alongside General Patton?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:43 am 

I remember a teacher at New Tribes Bible Institute spontaneously deciding to conduct a survey to find out what we thought about the teachers.

Now, later, at a secular university (where we studied witchcraft and consulted with astrologers... there you go again Nancy) I learned that these student evaluations of teachers are commonplace.

I assume such evaluations might have been common occurrences at the University of Miami

But I digress as I seek redress.

I felt sorry for my Greek Study tools teacher
He got blasted by the unauthorized survey. But I wonder if the dude who conducted the survey was a tool. In other words, was there a horse whisperer that suggested a survey; planted the seed, if you will. We may have to swim in Skiff Lake to figure that out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 am 

Firme nas Promessas
Chris Moore and Russell Schurring
Sunday night service

Now, Friday night camping on the airstrip with the little dorm boys
What's that Ray Stevens song? Oh yes they call.... I forget

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 265  Next