MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Be kind of cautious
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:09 pm 

Kari, thank you for having the courage to put up this website. As GRACE says, it is the right thing to bring sin to the light. You will get appreciative and sad and ugly responses but this is the right thing to have done.

However, a person earlier talked about the need to protect individual email addresses and that is probably a good idea. Folks, this is no longer a quiet website for MKs. Many people will be on this website now with many kinds of agendas, not all of them benevolent. Guard yourself. Kari, you are probably way ahead of me but you might consider password protecting some of the in-house discussion of NTM MK’s. The rest of us don’t need to know the details and people need a safe place to discuss. Just something to think about.

PS I didn't go to Fanda but am a MK and went to boarding school. I wasn’t abused, but in my little brother’s time, some were. I do understand some of the dynamics and the conflicted emotions you have. The perpetrators were people our parents prayed with and worked with and trusted. They were emotionally “uncle” and “aunt” to the kids. Their betrayal was on so many levels it is hard to conceive. The perpetrators betrayed the children, their colleagues and brethren in the mission, the Africans, their supporters, themselves, the Church, and of course Christ. So did those who allowed this to continue.

I resonate with those who said "How dare they! How DARE they! Grrrrrr!
Christ resonates with them too. He says that death is better for the person than doing this kind of betrayal.

Matt 18: “Then He [Jesus] said to the disciples, "It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him." And the apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith." “

Christ suggests extreme punishment and also rebuke for the betrayer. He also says we must be careful of ourselves. He also says to forgive if the betrayer repents. Such forgiveness is not possible outside of God, hence the need for increased faith. My emotions are extreme, and yet I do not even know the people involved. I can only imagine how much worse it is for you who do. But note that the increase of faith is Christ’s responsibility, not ours (thank goodness).

God be with you all and with your spirits.