MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 am 

This may be hard to believe, but some of them may not know about this forum. Spread the word.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:34 pm 

Yes, I'm with Jerry on this one. The Vianopolis forum was unknown to many until some of us spread the word. First, send the attachment to the Grace Report on Fanda and then include the link to the forums. Ask people to share their story. Use your Facebook messages to spread the word. Create lists (20 in each) of all your friends from Tambo, and then send the message to each list using copy and paste.

Oh, and be prepared to hear stuff like "not interested" and other statements. You'll be amazed at how many are unwilling to "go there" out of fear, ignorance, or apathy. Sad, but true!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:34 pm 

One way to let them know if Tambo alum list.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:34 pm 

I'm still helping students find and get on the forum. Sad. I hope everyone finds it and calls around like some have, to question fellow school mates.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 pm 

It is sad, but many of the MK's I have talked to who were abused at Tambo do not believe anything will be done. I have given them information on this site and the forum, but some have said it was reported while they were at Tambo, and the people in charge chose to ignore it so why would they do anything now. They do not expect anything of NTM because they never saw any concern for them as children so why now. All they saw was leadership covering for the perps. I know one MK who, as an adult, confronted one of his abusers several years ago and was told "I don't remember any of that". I believe this perp has been confronted by others and has given the same response claiming he doesn't know anything about it, the boys who were abused have it wrong. Many of those who did not experience the physical abuse this man dished out still think he is a wonderful, spiritual man.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:19 pm 

Please do not give up! It IS worth writing to GRACE if you can't bear to post here. It IS worth gaining confidence and help by getting in touch with others who went thru this. It matters way less how people "appear" than what they are really like on the inside. They must be convicted and pay the consequences. We need your help!
This cry comes from outside the MK circle. But we saw enough. It was not so easy to put the pieces together back then. We stand with you NOW. We put our arms around you, crying, and we say to you, "Not you! Not you! If only it had not been you!"
Then we start to turn all the rugs over.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:27 pm 

Yeah, I'm not sure that many Tambo missionary kids even know about this site. I only just found out the other week because a relative stumbled across it and told me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:56 pm 

The best way to spread the word, from what I've found, is through Facebook. Most people are on Facebook these days, and it is quite easy to spread awareness to your "Tambo friends" using those social networking sites. Good luck with that. I hope you get more people out to participate in the discussions and share their stories.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 pm 

Down and Out...thank you for this. as God's people it is definitely not to be about REVENGE but about EXPOSING sin and righting wrongs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:23 am 

Also agree with you down and out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next