MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 am 

MK Minda...

I meant I had heard that the perp from Paraguay died. So was just wanting to clarify (to myself) that I was thinking of someone different than you were talking about. But the mid 60's is way before what was in my mind. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:29 pm 

Gene, I agree. NTM's actions at this point are pathetic and even disgusting...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:24 am 

Emerald wrote:
MK Minda, it sounds like you may be referring to RICHARD HINE---he's in the UK. He did sexually molest a victim at Tambo, and was dismissed by NTM. His FB says he was with NTM 15 yrs. Pedophiles don't stop at one victim, so there must be more of you out there that can tell us about RICHARD HINE.

Rich Hine was dismissed from Bolivia in 1991. Was he reported to the authorities?

Shortly after this, Bob and Chris Fisher were also dismissed from Bolivia. Does anyone know the circimstances surrounding this?

New Tribes never publishes the reasons for dismissal, but from comparing information on this site with published statements from NTM, it seems like adultery and child molestation are the main reasons for dismissal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:05 pm 

Gene Long wrote:

New Tribes never publishes the reasons for dismissal, but from comparing information on this site with published statements from NTM, it seems like adultery and child molestation are the main reasons for dismissal.

It would be a good thing for NTM, as well as all of us, if they would open their files, and publish info on these forums about each perp that has been named. There may be some things that are confidential from a legal standpoint---but sharing of info sure would be of help. As in the case of Jim Bou from Venezuela, why he was allowed to go on for decades, just blows my mind!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems EXTREMELY IRRESPONSIBLE and CRIMINAL that it happened right under their noses and they remained ignorant all those yrs. Or, did they?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:45 pm 

Gene Long wrote:
Emerald wrote:
MK Minda, it sounds like you may be referring to RICHARD HINE---he's in the UK. He did sexually molest a victim at Tambo, and was dismissed by NTM. His FB says he was with NTM 15 yrs. Pedophiles don't stop at one victim, so there must be more of you out there that can tell us about RICHARD HINE.

Rich Hine was dismissed from Bolivia in 1991. Was he reported to the authorities?

Shortly after this, Bob and Chris Fisher were also dismissed from Bolivia. Does anyone know the circimstances surrounding this?

I was at Tambo when Rich Hine was dismissed and sent back to England. Originally, not even the rest of the staff were told what he had done or who it was to. It was only said that he had a sin issue and was no longer going to be the director of the school or be a dorm parent; he would be a teacher and live in one of the houses by himself. After the NTM headquarters in Florida read the monthly report from Bolivia, they notified the field office in Bolivia that he had 24 hours to get out of Tambo, which resulted in a massive scene with him sobbing in front of the school saying why he didn't understand what was going on, etc. Nothing was ever explained to the students about what had happened, only some ever found out because they were staff kids and their parents finally heard through the grapevine.

When he was sent back to England, nothing was said to his supporting churches to explain why he left the field (I met his pastor several years after he was dismissed) and he was basically ignored by the NTM offices in England (I'm not sure they even knew what had happened). He lived at the time (1994/1995) in a town about fifteen minutes from the NTM Bible institute in England but I never saw him. There certainly weren't any charges brought against him to my knowledge - the pastor would have told me about it. He seemed genuinely confused at why NTM had nothing to do with him any more.

The Fishers went on furlough and just never came back. Nothing was said to the students at all about him, and other than some whispers from kids who had heard from their parents (field committee, etc.), nothing was heard. There were whispers that he had been kicked out, but most students were generally mystified at why and hated NTM for it. A little information would have gone a long way handling the situation a lot better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:27 pm 

Tambo MK,
This is the most information I have gotten about R.H. so far. You were a staff member at Tambo? Sounds like you also were in U.K.?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 pm 

I'm sorry but I can't understand all the HUSH HUSH in NTM every time someone has sinned like this, ESPECIALLY sinning against innocent children. Who is being protected anyway?? Of course we don't want to bring undue reproach to the name of Christ but covering up crimes CERTAINLY brings shame to His name.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 pm 

MK MINDA wrote:
I'm sorry but I can't understand all the HUSH HUSH in NTM every time someone has sinned like this, ESPECIALLY sinning against innocent children. Who is being protected anyway?? Of course we don't want to bring undue reproach to the name of Christ but covering up crimes CERTAINLY brings shame to His name.

Amen! When we try to hide sin it will always grow in the darkness and the later results will be worse than they would have been if the sin was exposed as soon as it was known to anybody!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 pm 

MK MINDA wrote:
Tambo MK,
This is the most information I have gotten about R.H. so far. You were a staff member at Tambo? Sounds like you also were in U.K.?

I was a student at Tambo, and then spent some time in England. I unknowingly went to RH's church and got to know the pastor there. When he realized I went to Tambo and knew RH, he wanted to help me reconnect with him. I was tremendously uncomfortable with that and came up with some excuse why I didn't want to. At the time I was only 19; in hindsight, I really wish I had told the pastor what NTM had not. He was genuinely concerned about RH and didn't understand why after he returned from the field he was distant from the church and why NTM had nothing to do with him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:26 am 

That is too bad that the pastor was not filled in by NTM...makes NO sense to me. I wish I could connect with someone who was in leadership at the time in Tambo. Actually I have found one person but they have yet to reply to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next