[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Tambo MKs

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tambo MKs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:03 am 

Please respond to the investigation, blond.
TRYING to figure out who you are and cannot. :cry:
Even tho many of us are VERY suspicious of this "independent" investigation, better to try.
Only the ones who committed sexual abuse are criminals.
But the others will find their own prison later.
The Lord is not slack concerning His promises.
What you confirm makes us SO MAD.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:11 pm 

.... still don't know... to tell u the truth, I am very scared... funny a person my age.... if someone else had the same problem, with the same person.... it wouldhelp me to know, that I was not alone..... please, I'm not good with words sometimes, don't get me wrong..... I am scared...., but anyway, yesterday I was talking to a friend that went to school with us at that time, and sent her the posts about the investigation... she was shocked and also told me that nothing happend to her, but she was concerned for some friends that at that time told her stuff, but she brushed it off.... i told her to contact the IHART.

if u want send me a pm and we'll sort names out. :)

thanks for responding... these last days I have had many nightmares... and the only support is this forum for me...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:33 pm 

Blond --
Some of us have chosen to post the names of child abusers openly on this forum.
They don't deserve our protection, our secrecy.
It is frustrating that NTM is still protecting the privacy of adults who called themselves servants of God, who in actuality beat, molested, raped, belittled and destroyed the lives of innocent young children entrusted to their care by blind parents who had been sucked into the toxic group think of the mission they served so loyally.
A concern some of us have is that by hiding the identity of these evil people from our pasts, we may be withholding knowledge from other abuse survivors who think they are the only ones who were hurt by a particular adult.
I have yet to hear of any abuse case in NTM where there was ONLY ONE victim. People who abuse children have a pattern of abuse that they carry with them wherever they go.
There may be someone out there who needs to see an abuser's name posted boldly. This may trigger a memory or unlock a long-closed door that will help them to take a step forward in their recovery and healing process (which will go on for a lifetime).
You may have your own reasons for discretion, and I am not meaning to pressure you in any way.
But for me personally it was very therapeutic to name our perpetrator -- Les Emory -- openly and boldly.
He does not merit my protection, my respect, or my silence.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:45 pm 

I have yet to hear of any abuse case in NTM where there was ONLY ONE victim. People who abuse children have a pattern of abuse that they carry with them wherever they go.
There may be someone out there who needs to see an abuser's name posted boldly. This may trigger a memory or unlock a long-closed door that will help them to take a step forward in their recovery and healing process (which will go on for a lifetime).
[/quote]

are you sure of that? does abuse mean molesting also???? to what extent is it abuse? Please tell me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:26 pm 

Blond:

Here is NTM's own definition of sexual abuse, taken from their Child Protection Manual:

"Child 
sexual
 abuse 
is
 evidenced 
by 
an
 activity 
between
 a
 child
 and
 an 
adult 
or 
another
 child

who 
by 
development 
is 
in
 a 
relationship
 of 
responsibility,
 trust, 
or 
power; such 
activity 
is
intended
 to 
gratify
 or
 satisfy
 the 
desires 
of 
either
 party.

Sexual
 abuse 
includes, 
but 
is
 not

limited
 to,
 verbal, 
visual,
 and/or 
physical
 touch."

You many find it helpful to read the entire manual by clicking on this link:
http://usa.ntm.org/files/general/ntm_usa_child_protect_manual.pdf

You have told us there was a staff member at Tambo who used to put his hand up your blouse. May I tell you, with absolute clarity: that was not just "inappropriate". That was molestation and sexual abuse. It is common for victims to feel that they somehow "asked for" the abuse, but please, I beg of you to hear me. There is absolutely nothing you might have possibly done or said that would have in any way made it okay for that staff member to touch you in that way. It was wrong of him to do that. Absolutely wrong. And it wasn't you who hurt his marriage. It was that staff member himself.

The false guilt you have been carrying has been built by The Deceiver himself. I pray God will give you the courage to come out into the light of truth and find your courageous voice. You do not owe this man anything. Especially not your silence. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he needs to be held accountable. No matter who he was, what his last name might be, or what connection he might have to anyone in New Tribes Mission.

"THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE..."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:44 pm 

Nice reply Raz. Yes any unwanted sexual contact, especially between an adult and a child is a crime. It should be dealt with in a serious manner.

From my own experience, NTM would have me believe that my neighbour in PNG only molested one person (he was jailed for it). But given that they went to extraordinary lengths to cover up the fact that he suddenly disappeared from circulation, despite his victim asking that the offending be made public, I'm more than a little sceptical. I found out 8 years after the offender was jailed on historical offences, the cover up was that well done. My parents were not informed even though my father meets probably weekly with the NTM rep who was also in PNG with us. Now that I am trying to get to the bottom of who gave the order to suppress, suddenly NTM is ducking for cover, nobody seems to know anything and those that are most likely to be responsible do not reply to e-mails.
Raz's advice to name and shame is good and valid. Alas we are dealing with an organisation who does not wish to play fair and sometimes a good poke with the truth stick can do a lot of good. There are abusers who think they are going to get to the end of their life and not have to answer for what they have done and that there is more than one or two who think they are the only victim. But it is completely your decision.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:56 pm 

Raz... I just read your post.... thanks for clarifying....

I will contact Pat. Right now I'm shaking... incredible what trauma does to you....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:01 pm 

... I hope you will feel my hug ... you can do this ... we are all with you in spirit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 pm 

Thanks Raz for your hug and support, and thanks for all of you....

I want to throw an opinion to all mom's and dad's:

God says in the bible that better than sacrifice is obedience, right? So then, why do so many mom's and dad's sacrifice their kids into boarding schools for whatever reasons they may have? Because I will not believe that it is NOT a sacrifice to leave your little kids behind and go out wherever it may be. It is the duty of US parents to raise our kids, not third people!

Please don't get me wrong, I am not criticising, or condemning, NO WAY, I just don't understand that position. As a mom I wouldn't be able to do that! So why, what's the urge? Please enlighten me. Again, DON'T GET ME WRONG. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE POSITION.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:33 pm 

I think the simple answer might be, in NTM one does what one is told, or else. And if one is told that the correct procedure is to send your kids to boarding school, then one does it.

Those that questioned were outski. NTM seemed to view dissent as a major crime punishable by dismisal, being sent back to boot camp or enforced peer pressure.

So the situation at the boarding schools was fertile ground for paedophiles, for as long as they towed the religous line, they were unlikely to suffer much consequences for their actions, because to speak out was to rock the boat and risk causing dissent.

So many of us kids were sacrificed.

The big question remains, has anything changed? Or will it ever change?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next