MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tambo MKs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 am 

mosquito bite wrote:
My dear Ione,

You have more courage than the men in NTM.
Those who should have been protecting you and your sister and the other children.
Our children.
Yes, our hearts have been absolutely slaughtered way before this.
Now you know what we have been reading here for the last 2 years.
What we have been standing up for.
And why we are so intent upon supporting these MKs and abused adult missionaries.
Intent upon supporting you and your sister.
Some of us see the devastation in our child's life
And still do not know what he went thru.
No one wants to talk about something so horrid.
So some are not.
Bless you for speaking out.
I know your testimony made many hearts beat faster with unbelief and shock.
But we believe you.
We stand behind you with our love and prayers and with whatever action we can take.
Who is Ione?
With a few others, the most courageous of all the Tambo kids of our day.
Speaking out for the sake of justice and for YOU.
Don't be silent.
Know we all hurt for you and want to wish your past away and put something different in that place.
There is healing in a group where love and concern are uppermost.
Love you, Ione!

DEAR MOSQUITO BITE, THANKS AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT! YOU ARE MY HERO AND YOU KNOW THAT. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND YOURS AND PRAY THAT ISSUES WITHIN YOURS WILL BE RESOLVED. THE BATTLE HAS JUST STARTED!!!! LET THE WALLS COME DOWN!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 am 

HEY BEMUSED... I MISS YOUR WORDS!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 am 

He's never far away.
Haven't you noticed?
Thank God. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:00 pm 

Blond,

Yes, let the walls come down!
And we will dance on top of them!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:45 pm 

blond wrote:
HEY BEMUSED... I MISS YOUR WORDS!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!

Here actually, just a bit busy of late. Sick patients, sick relatives, earthquakes and sorting out the worlds problems in general.

I read your posts with sadness. It's the same story over and over. But I also wonder if there isn't a parallel with my story and some of the other MKs I know. If I read your posts right, you were not with NTM, but did attend Tambo. Sadly this may have made you an outsider looking in, which is pretty much what it was like for me. I was told repeatedly that I didn't fit in, I didn't belong. It was a time of being ignored or being abused because I had a different accent. It started at the top and filtered down. In the end I left school and taught myself for two years before coming home. Interestingly I fitted back into secular society fairly well.
Throw into the equation my father and it was quite an experience. But then as I've said before, from ugly ducklings look at us now, one drop dead gorgeous swan and a bald sort of bird thing with a good sense of humour who has found his own happiness. Not bad ay?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm 

now... there you are!!!! still having earthquakes??? Terrible!

yeah, that's the way I felt... specially because Brasil is a complete different culture... in everyway, and my dad was Italian, so it was pretty hard to fit in.... as I said, friends were very very very few, and every time I had a chance i would go to my mom's house which was 1 kilometer down the road from Tambo. I remember crying my eyes out for her not to take me back on Sunday night...... anyway, that is gone, now as a drop dead gorgeous swan, as you say, life is totally different. No wonder I snap every time I see abuse.....

check the mail...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm 

Actually its been quiet on the earthquakes scene for a while. The last big one was 23rd of December, then the usual aftershocks and now its quiet. Maybe the ground is moving under Sanford instead :o

Know how you feel about crying not to go back. I begged my father to send me home. In the end he decided if I wanted to get into medical school I'd better get a proper education and I did get sent home for a final year of High School.

And of course you're a drop dead gorgeous swan, after all if one is tough enough to survive and still remain sane, what else would one be 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 am 

Bemused wrote:
And of course you're a drop dead gorgeous swan, after all if one is tough enough to survive and still remain sane, what else would one be

THAT IS ONE THING I ALWAYS REPEAT TO EVERYBODY, THAT CONSIDERING EVERYTHING I WENT THROUGH, I'M LUCKY NO TO BE INSANE, DEMENTED OR SOME KIND OF PSYCHO! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH .... or maybe I am some kind of psycho????? :shock:

about me crying... I cried because I had to go back to Tambo on Sunday nights, and I didn't want to.

Stay sound!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:55 am 

mitt linsanity santorum wrote:
p.s.  Larry, is that you in the picture?
http://usa.ntm.org/field-news/breaking-ground

Quote:
Funding for the new building is at approximately 50 percent. The cost is estimated at $2 million.

So they already have $1 million for a new "chapel" at NTM Homes but they won't deal openly and honestly with the abuse issue? I'm so glad that we've been very far from this organization for many years!

I'm sure Ione (aka Blond) will be really happy to see who's giving the "sermon" at the ground-breaking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 pm 

JerryB wrote:
mitt linsanity santorum wrote:
p.s.  Larry, is that you in the picture?
http://usa.ntm.org/field-news/breaking-ground

Quote:
Funding for the new building is at approximately 50 percent. The cost is estimated at $2 million.

So they already have $1 million for a new "chapel" at NTM Homes but they won't deal openly and honestly with the abuse issue? I'm so glad that we've been very far from this organization for many years!

I'm sure Ione (aka Blond) will be really happy to see who's giving the "sermon" at the ground-breaking.

NEWZFLASH: NTM Retirement Centre explains that the $2million is justified for the building of their new chapel. It will be known as Repenters Retreat and therefore will have to have a large capacity. Also reinforced carpets have been installed, due to the friction caused by hordes of repenting knees. Lastly, a state of the art long distance communication centre has been purchased so Repenters can talk to their Supreme Being. NTM does acknowldege though that such an expensive mode of communication is not required by most MKs, after all it is just a local call for most of them :lol: .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next