[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - The silent majority

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The silent majority
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 pm 

I am equally dumbfounded by the lack of publicity. When a tragedy has occurred in the past in NTM, it has taken up at least a page of the NTM@work if not the entire edition. A tragedy of this magnitude could take up several years of NTM@work. But I recently saw the current NTM@ work and couldn't find one mention of the GRACE report, the abuse at Fanda or such....unless it was obscure--I skimmed. And why shouldn't it be on the public homepage of ntm.org? That doesn't make any sense. To be open about your faults and your repentance isn't bragging about what your doing right. It's just the right thing to do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 pm 

Some thoughts on Bible based cults: Any group which has a pyramid type authoritarian leadership structure with all teaching and guidance coming from the person/persons at the top. They teach the central doctrines of the Christian faith and then add the extra authority of leadership or someone's particular writings. They centre around the interpretations of the leadership, and submissive and unquestioning acceptance of these is essential to be a member of good standing. The key is that they will be using mind control or undue influence on their members.
The leaders may claim a special, exclusive ministry, revelation or position of authority given by God. They believe they are the only true church/organization, and praise and exalt their own group, leaders and work.
There will be great emphasis on loyalty to the group and its teachings, and the lives of members will be absorbed into the group's activities. They will have little or no time to think for themselves because of physical and emotional exhaustion. This is also a vital part of the mind control process.
Any dissent or questioning of the group's teachings is discouraged. Criticism in any form is seen as rebellion. There will be emphasis on authority, unquestioning obedience and submission.
Attempts to leave or reveal embarrassing facts about the group may be met with threats.
"Us verses Them" mentality. Isolation from the community in general. Anyone and everything outside the group is seen as "of the devil" or unenlightened, etc.
SEVERE GUILT COMPLEXES: Misdemeanors are made into "mountains" so that members are in a constant state of guilt for infringing even the most minor rules. Guilt is piled upon pile with new rules constantly being laid down about what is sinful and what is not.
These are some excerpts from IDENTIFYING A CULT, by Jan Groenveld.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:56 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:54 pm 

Grieving4u, what you have quoted about cults above sums up Fanda as I saw it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:19 am 

It's Haloween in two nights time
The Ghosts and Gouls will come out to play
And then with the magic broomstick
All will be swept away

But for some of us its Haloween
Every night of the year
For when we dream, we dream
Of terror and in fear

The ghosts of the past still haunt
And healing is like mistle toe
Somewhere in another season
And a long long way to go

And The Silent Majority
Wonder what is all the din
Why can't them haunted MKs
Let healing fill them in

Because the ghosts and gouls still roam
With longlasting trick not treat
And woe betide the little child
Who from them accepts something to eat

And it's hard to sleep at night
When the sheets are pulled up tight
Covering the deeds of yesteryear
And the sheets are grey not white

And still we hear the cackle
Of their laughter round the room
As they beat another child
And then rode off on their broom

And their words, like many others
"Forgive, forget, so we may be free
To beat another child
Just like we did to thee and thee"

The broom is no longer flying
It's used to sweep dirt away
And they despises those that expose
What, with almost they got away

So now it's time for victims
To shout out loud "trick or treat"
We know what you were doing
Underneath that grey sheet

And the epitaph they write
Will now be short and not so sweet
"Here lies a ghost, a goul an abuser
No more trick or treat!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 am 

ooohhh ... creepy!

:shock: :twisted:

and haunting ....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 am 

I found this site about three weeks ago and have been reading through many of the posts trying to get a sense of the history and to understand where everyone is coming from. I am an ntm mk. I mostly grew up in the states, although we did spend a few years on the field. We moved many times and I used to envy those mks who went back to the same field because they had roots, a family..or so it seemed. I remain rootless and somewhat unattached to this day..although this site has made me think over that. I have to say I was fortunate and was always treated extremely well by the adult ntm missionaries in my life...at least as a young child. Certainly never abused. Judged, well yes...but that has occurred elsewhere and I have certainly repaid in kind. Sadly!
I am saddened and humbled by the many obvious parallels between the catholic church, penn state, the boy scouts, bbc, abwe, ntm....I admit when the catholic church scandal broke I was horrified..but thought the 'Christian' church was above that. I thought, " well, that's just evidence that they are a religion, not a true church following God.". Arrogant, self-righteous, judgmental..yes. It IS evidence that we are all sinners and desperately in need of redemption. It is a call for repentance..and it begins with me.
Perhaps ntm needs to have a season of repentance...a call to all their members to fast, to mourn, and to repent. NTM? Any response? I have not heard of this occurring mission wide. Perhaps you all would like to join me?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next