[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - The silent majority

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The silent majority
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 pm 

I still don't see what someone like me can do since I am an outsider to NTM. Yes, I was an MK who was emotionally and spiritually abused as I have just posted on the "Are boarding schools healthy?" forum, but I have left that life way behind. I have never been NTM. I don't belong to an evangelical church anymore, I don't have contact with churches who support missionaries from NTM. I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:48 pm 

Spread the word. Everything that is happening here. I agree with Gene in that any change within the organization will only come as a direct result of public outcry. Publicity. News. Forums. Inform politicians, legal experts, friends and colleges. Some on this forum want to see NTM go down in flames, but if we stop and analyze what is really important here, it's protecting the innocent. That means changing the policies that, as Raz said to me in a private message, "We, the adults of NTM, set them up for that (abuse) by pushing them out of our arms and into (the hands of the abusers.)"
Yes we want those responsible held accountable, we want healing, and we want change, and we all want the abusers called out and publicly made known for their deeds. This will only happen if there is pressure. LOTS AND LOTS of it. News... This really needs to be on CNN and Fox and MSNBC and NBC and CBS news all simultaneously. I can almost guarantee change will happen then, almost overnight. The squeaky wheel gets greased. What can you do? Tell someone. Tell everyone. Write your congressman, the president, and start making noise. Lots and lots of noise. If there are 5 thousand of us all with the same purpose all making lots of noise things will happen.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:37 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:53 am 

Pass the news on to whom? Oh, and I'm not an American so all the talk about American law and congressman etc. doesn't affect me either. What I can think of doing is writing to evangelical magazines or sites and seeing if they will do a report on this. I have sent out the site of the Fanda report to anyone who is related to a church and the end result has been disappointing. I thought people would be filled with righteous indignation, but most didn't answer and others just sort of sloughed if off. To me it is the scandal of the evangelical world and should be dealt with openly and the reasons for it denounced.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:47 pm 

Me again..I went online and tried to find news about the GRACE report on different evangelical sites and blogs. I then sent a letter to an evangelical magazine in Brazil suggesting they cover what is happening re NTM. I also went to the Christianity Today site and saw they had a report (Sept. 2, 2010) about the NTM abuse, but they added a comment from a professor from Wheaton College, who said the following, according to the magazine : "It (scandals like this) causes quite a splash. On the other, it feels to me like it comes up roughly once a decade or so, so it's not 'common' considering how many agencies and missionaries there are around the world," he said. "As expected, it is devastating to the individuals, the organizations, and even the accused." I found his tone to be very jaded and am going to send him an email saying so. I also saw that people from this forum commented on the article at:http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2010/09/report_new_trib.html

I find the jaded, indifferent attitude of some evangelicals, very shocking!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:57 pm 

In regards to the Christianity Today report, does anyone know if it appeared in the print edition also, or only online?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:26 pm 

That´s an idea, if you were to send it to evangelical magazines, I hadn´t thot of that - there´s ULTIMATO, I wonder if they would be interested?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 pm 

I also read about the NTM scandal online in World Magazine, which is a Christian news source. However, it seems very surprising to me that a Christian mission who has probably committed more abuse crimes than any mission in the history of the US and maybe even the world, has gotten so little press!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:21 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:24 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next