[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - The silent majority

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The silent majority
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:07 pm 

@ Interested, I totally agree with you that the leadership in Senegal was cult-like. But I'm glad to say it is not typical of NTM's leadership today. Example A: No field currently requires parents to send their kids away to boarding school. Thank goodness, because I plan on never ever sending my kids to boarding school before high school age. I would HATE to do the same things to them that were done to me by my parents.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 pm 

@ Interested,

Oh also, I don't know how NTM members would know how to contact Kari or Bonnie, as all victims in the GRACE report were of course, kept anonymous. If they would like to be contacted by those who don't know their names, they may want to tell NTM their wish of no longer remaining anonymous. Although several of us read the Fanda Eagles blog, I personally have felt intimidated to contact individual victims because I did not want to add to their pain. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:16 pm 

We personally were contacted by a pastor from past who heard about the report. He didn't hear it from NTM but heard about it as soon as it came out. He has shown such care and kindness - after over 19 years since being in his church. He didn't just reach out once - he has continued to do so. If he, as a pastor, has that kind of heart for someone who was once in NTM and under the NTM cloud, it simply baffles me that we aren't hearing that every NTM missionary in Senegal is making non-stop effort to send words of encouragement and kindness to those victimized on their field. Something is seriously WRONG with their silence!

Kari and Bonnie, please let us know if you have heard anything from anyone. It definitely makes a difference to me whether i will ever believe there is an inkling of change

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:55 pm 

Forgotten MK: Thank you for all your posts, and your honesty. If NTM members want to contact Kari or Bonnie there is an e-mail address on the fanda eagles home page. Kari's e-mail is public---kari@peregrinebynature.com, and if they really wanted to, it's not hard to communicate with them.
I am very disappointed in NTM's public website, and it would be a stretch to call them "transparent." There is very little info there, and they have yet to post any perps names or how they were disciplined.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:55 pm 

Where is their email listed on the home page? I'm not seeing it. Kari, would emails from individuals from NTM who were not previously aware of the abuse and did not take part in hiding it be welcome? Or would you prefer only to hear from the people who owe you apologies?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:11 pm 

I am not defending the attackers. Defending good people within the mission is different than defending those who abused and those who hid the abuse. Most of us did not even know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

My email is public, and is kari@peregrinebynature.com as has been said. I"ll add it to the site more prominently. eagles@peregrinebynature.com has been on the front page of the blog since it was created.

Dan Rabe has my email address. I lived in Senegal in 2009 and saw him often. He has not contacted me since the report came out, and stopped all communication with me after I started fandaeagles.com.

. NTM leadership and especially those from Senegal who knew me personally (Dan Rabe, McKee, etc) could send communications to GRACE and ask them to pass it along. So far - dead silence. We get the point.

When Larry Brown emailed me back I added it to fandaeagles.com in these comments. It was encouraging to me.
http://fandaeagles.com/2010/09/ntm-implementing-recommendations/comment-page-1/#comments

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Forgotten MK - thanks for asking! I'm willing to hear from any and all who want to contact me. Open and willing and all ears.

kari@peregrinebynature.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:57 pm 

My heart is very heavy today. My grief and sorrow over the abuse and NTM's continued almost apathetic response towards it is weighing on me.

Let me share a verse that I think would stand in good stead in directing NTM *how* they can show how truly repentant and sorrowful they are:

Job 16:15 New International Version
"I have sewed sackcloth over my skin and buried my brow in the dust."

New Living Translation
I wear burlap to show my grief. My pride lies in the dust."

Truly, I can envision this- the EC at Sanford, on the sidewalks in ashes and literally wailing in grief over the sins committed against all these children. Sins that probably continue to this day. How are we to know?

If Job could make a public appearance re: his sin, when God declared him the most upright man around, surely NTM can publically -very publically- demonstrate THEIR sorrow and grief over these atrocities.

I am seriously thinking a nice picket line on Sanford's streets could be very beneficial right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:59 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next