MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Obligations
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:15 am 

This report makes a number of recommendations. How binding are they on NTM? Is NTM obligated in any way to do what this report recommends, or can they "not feel the leading of the Lord at this time"?

Post subject: Re: Obligations
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:01 am 
Site Admin

absolutely nothing is legally binding, but consider how it will look if the recommendations are not followed. and if they are not, major news outlets would probably be interested.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:27 pm 

Now is not the time for NTM to calculate a careful response, it is a time to get on their knees and beg for God's mercy and forgiveness and to ask every supporting church to do the same on their behalf. The ministry that they asked to do the investigation has given them it's findings and recommendations. There were many times when Israel asked God for counsel, only to go their own way. While GRACE ministries is not God, they are His messenger to them on this matter. I hope and pray that they will carry out all of their recommendations. The best way to show love, respect and repentence to the children of Fanda is to accept this report and follow it's recommendations, while that will be painful, it is nothing compared to what they went through and in many cases, will go through the rest of their lives. We will be praying for NTM to follow the counsel God gave them through Grace ministries. Dale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:38 pm 

NTM IS responsible for their actions, and the abusers for THEIR actions. Please don't mix the two. NTM is an organization that desires to see people saved and God glorified. They have made many terrible mistakes and it is wonderfully amazing that they are being held accountable for those...but please don't forget the loving men and women serving with NTM, either in the Executive Committee or on the field. There are some that are not responsible for your pain, and they are loving, godly people. Yes, NTM does need to ask forgiveness and take responsibility, but those abused also need to let God work in their hearts as well. They will never know peace and healing until they do. I'm not just blindly saying these things...I've been abused as well and lived with the pain for years and still deal with the affects of it. But I was rotting away in my own hate and anger until I forgave those that hurt me. God has given me a wonderful family and a peaceful heart now...not that I don't still have some of the affects of that abuse. The work that GRACE and fandaeagles are doing will go to waste if it is just used for anger, hatefullness and not the godly reconciliation that God has outlined in the Bible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 am 

First of all, your comments came accross as arrogant and hurtful. I really don't care if you believe I'm from Via or not. Should I hand in my passports and report cards?? I do agree that my post sounded harsh and uncaring, I am sorry for that. My purpose for commenting was to encourage those abused that God does love us and He does care for us, each step of our lives. God was the ONE comfort in my years of abuse. I was abused my whole childhood, as far back as I can remember. I was humiliated, berated, lectured and criticized for everything I did or was imagined that I did. I was forced to listen to sexually explicit accusations for hours. I'm not saying that there isn't pain in abuse. I'm shaking all over and can hardly read through my tears. I've lived with the effects of my abuse and I've watched it tear apart those I love the most - each has permanent medical problems from the stress and abuse that we endured. I've lived through depression, suicidal thoughts and the pain that came with living day after day, unable to escape. DO you understand all the different aspects that abuse can take? I know I don't, but don't lecture me on being sensitive to those who have been abused. I wasn't beaten or sexually assaulted...I believe that I was fortunate. I cannot even image what these individuals have gone though. But I will also take a stand with every ounce of my being that God is faithful ... that He is loving and just, a Father to the fatherless and my Comforter. He offers healing to us with OPEN arms. He is the only one who hears every cry of our hearts and feels the pain that goes so deep ... so deep that those around us can't even comprehend the surface of it. There is no limit to what God can do for broken, abused children. I am one of them.

I believe wholeheartedly that God's love is constant through it all.  He was with me every day and I can say that I am only where I am now by God's grace.  He offers healing, peace, and love.  I faced the choice to let that pain eat away at me or to forgive. Healing takes a long time, bit by bit, day by day, but God has never left me. I believe he can take the ugliest situation imaginable and turn it into good. A candle shines brightest in the darkest of rooms. I always thought of myself as a worthless, broken vessel. But He says "come to me you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I believe that God can shine through those cracks and broken pieces. But most of all He loves each one of us individually, more than we could ever imagine. We live in a fallen world, but "greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world". I wish with my whole heart that those abused can give God their pain and experience healing and freedom from thier past.

Secondly, I made no comment that I thought those responsible should receive a "discount". I absolutely agree that NTM needs to be held accountable for their actions.  God doesn't minimize sin.  He hates it.  We as believers are responsible for holding each other accountable and I am so thankful that the abuse issues are being brought forward and dealt with. The crimes committed should be brought out and those who did them held accountable TO THE FULLEST EXTENT.  NTM knew about my abuse situation and did nothing. I don't hold them accountable for my abuse...that belongs to one man only. I DO hold them accountable for their negligence in taking action when it was their responsibility to do so. I also agree that a crime was committed and it should be dealt with accordingly. But I think that "doctrinal/fellowship/kumbaya vibes" can play a role in the actions we take during the process.  With that in mind, I still say to please not forget the other NTMers that are genuine, godly people.

My intent was not to hurt anyone. I highly respect fandaeagles for being willing to step up and hold those responsible in NTM and the abusers to an accountability for thier actions.