[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Other Survivors

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Other Survivors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:44 pm 

I know there are other survivors from Aritao. Lots and lots of you. I encourage you to find peace and healing. Find someone you trust, and tell your story. Open up withing yourself, and come out of hiding. Live live to the fullest extent, and be afraid no more. Tear down those walls that have kept you all captive for so long, and remember... You are not alone in your suffering. There are many, many more of you who all went through the same things, were all fooled by the same man, who were all lied to and made to believe things that were false. You were all used for the carnal pleasures of one very demented sick man. You are not alone, and I hope you will come forward and join us in this fight. And I pray that you may find healing and justice, peace and prosperity, and live... Live life...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
-Anais Nin

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
-Vince Lombardi

Post subject: Re: Other Survivors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 pm 

A quick word on anonymity here: There is nothing wrong with keeping your identity secret; this is a widely accepted practice everywhere. Most news organizations will not publicize the names of victims of sexual abuse without specific permission. If you are a survivor and still unsure about posting publicly, get a dedicated email address (lots of free email accounts available out there!), join the forum and just send Private Messages to Mahalko, Raz or others with whom you have shared experiences and in whom you have confidence. It will encourage you, and it will encourage them. And, it will empower everyone.

Others should not be given the benefit of anonymity. High on my list would be those who covered up these crimes and spirited the perpetrator out of the country rather than reporting him to the authorities. Per impossible, the cover up of these crimes exceeds in culpability and odiousness the original offense. These people should be held as accountable for the original offense as the perpetrator, and more so for any crimes that he has committed since.

Please consider posting he following names:

The members of the Philippines Field Committee at the time the perpetrator was sent back to the States.

Other members of the Philippines field who were in positions of authority in the school at the same time.

The members of the Executive Committee at the same time.

Please give as complete names as possible, and include the names of spouses, as this makes finding people on the internet much easier. If email addresses are known, please include these.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:15 am 

I have been asking for that information, and doing my best to dig that up for several months. Not really doing so well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:38 am 

Phrases like "covered up these crimes" and "spirited the perpetrator out of the country" are highly accusatory and inflammatory. I, for one, would never use those words to describe what actually happened in that terrible month of March, 1993, when my whole world blew up like a bomb and fell into pieces around my feet. And I was there.
Please consider that when people are told what they must do by others, lest they disappoint the person telling them what to do, they may once again feel their power and strength being taken away.
My passion is to keep innocent children safe from predators and abusers, whether in a foreign land or on American soil.
I have no other agenda. Please don't try to make me pick up someone else's.
Raz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 pm 

My friend and I have already figured out that there are some on here that have a beef with NTM and probably has nothing to do with anything that is on this forum. That being said...

Someone once said something like " to this day I don't understand their affection and loyalty" talking about (some victims) towards the perpetrator. I agree, you were all one big happy family. You were all devastated. There are a lot of good people doing a lot of wonderful things. The basic principals of NTM are honorable, and so many have been saved in the eyes of the LORD for their gracious work. AGREED agreed.... They were friends, and family.

And someone made the decision to let the Perp walk. Someone let him go whether an innocent blunder or they were trying to bury things/ protect the perpetrator. The motives behind that decision do not justify the decision. "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

I sent NTM Sanford an email this morning.

Greetings,

I am looking for some information. In 1993, the field committee in the Philippines sent Les Emory and his family home to the united states after being discovered to have been molesting several young girls at the NTM station in Aritao.

I need: The members of the Philippines Field Committee at the time the perpetrator was sent back to the States.

Other members of the Philippines field who were in positions of authority in the school at the same time.

The members of the Executive Committee at the same time.

Please give as complete names as possible, and include the names of spouses. If email addresses are known, please include these.

I also need copies of any and all documentation regarding this, and notes. The whereabouts of Mr. Emory, and a copy of what was exactly sent to the State of Virginia at that time informing them of what he had done, and a copy of the reports that were sent to NTM Sanford from the field committee.

Thank You

I will get a Judge to subpoena this if I have to.

Some have stated "We were all like one big Family, and we were all in a state of shock." That big happy family that was so devastated let the Perp go to molest who knows how many other girls. What is that one big family going to say to the parents of the new victims? What say to another victim like my friend? What will they say to them?

This has NOTHING to do with trying to bring NTM down. This has to do with trying to protect children. My agenda is... My friend. The perpetrator. And whoever let him go. This is my agenda.

Mahal Ko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:03 pm 

I do forgive you, Gene. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm 

I am going to suggest to my friend that she start to contact other victims of Aritao. She is well on her way in the healing process, and even though at times it is extremely difficult... (August 14th, 2010...I held her...In my arms...While she cried hysterically about this...Trembling... Shaking head to toe...In a full blown panic attack... The first time she had cried about it...Ever... It had all been locked up inside her. Literally, pushed back to the depths of her being and walls with big, thick titanium padlocks around them. The first time she had ever cried about this... All of these were suppressed memories for her, and they started coming out just about a year ago.) My friend is healing. Slowly but surely. I believe that she can help others heal, and talking with them will also be very therapeutic to her as well. Not as an attempt to get others to join in on this forum, but... If they are like her, they need to heal as well. They need to tell their story to someone.

I am not surprised about GRACE not being asked to do further investigations. I tried piecing together how they made that decision...My visualization went something like this:

NTM calls a few lawyers. Asks how they can protect themselves. Lawyers do some research and tell NTM "DO NOT have ANY OF THIS ABUSE DOCUMENTED!!! If someone decides to go after NTM in Civil Court, most of the work will already be done (via the GRACE reports, paid for my NTM)!!! (Lawyers look at NTM Leadership and say something like "So let me get this right, you're going to pay someone to come in and gather evidence against your organization... DUH!!!") Attorney advises NTM to immediately "misplace" any documentation that they have about other abuse cases. NTM takes their advice and starts destroying any documentation about anything else they know about other than Fanda. NTM Makes an announcement saying " We have hired an inside investigator to handle this" and hired lawyers instead. Yes, it is a corporation. Piss on the MK's once again.

My friend was in a daze last night. She was really hurt. This organization that she loved so much has hurt her, ignored her, treated her like excess baggage, all the while telling her " we love you... God Bless You and your family." and Continue to hurt her.

She had so much hope and faith in NTM, that they were finally going to do the right thing. She believed in them with her whole heart. She finally started to come out of her shell knowing there would be an investigation, and has been gearing up for it. She is crushed. Beyond crushed. I think that NTM has lost her respect permanently. If not, then I will intervene at every possible opportunity to ensure she does not get hurt again...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:54 pm 

I hope you can find other Aritao survivors. I heard most of them have left the Philippines and NTM. But I think it is incredibly healing to talk to others who suffered with you. do you have names?

my hat is off to you for all you're doing for your friend. if every survivor had the same kind of advocacy the abuse wouldn't have continued so long unchecked.

another MK