[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Refocusing on Aritao

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Refocusing on Aritao
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:10 pm 

http://usa.ntm.org/content/child-protec ... it_settled

PHILIPPINES LAWSUIT SETTLED
May 4, 2012

On Thursday, NTM USA reached an amicable settlement ending all claims with a woman who had filed suit against New Tribes Mission over abuse suffered while at an NTM school in the Philippines.

Post subject: Re: Refocusing on Aritao
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:36 pm 

I'm guessing that all the terms of the agreement are under strict confidentiality, so we will never know what the settlement actually was.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:05 pm 

I am guessing that too.

I am relieved we've gotten past this, and would like to see Aritao and the Philippines be put back on the table along with the other schools and abuses that are being addressed by NTM.

We were basically sidelined for the entire past year, due to the lawsuit.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm 

It has been a long time since I posted, but now is the time.

For those who know, and for those who do not... I am Jane Doe No. 7 of
the recently settled lawsuit, Jane Doe No. 7 vs New Tribes Mission.

While it is true it was resolved through Mediation, and the Mediation
terms and discussions are confidential, there is no restriction on
allowing me to say THANK YOU.

This is why I post. To say from my heart and with overwhelming
gratitude, THANK YOU, to all of you who have shown support through
your posts, your prayers, your thoughts, and well wishes.

It is unfortunate those simple two words cannot even begin to relay,
express, or show what is truly felt in my heart. There were long days
when I know without you and your support I would never have made it
through.

I have cried.
I have yelled.
I have even swore.
I have questioned.

And now... I take a deep breath and find that I can breathe. Though
the healing continues, I have been able to at least find some closure.
To those victims out there that have not reached this point,
I encourage you to not give up. Don't ever give up.

My soul does dance, Radioshack*, and I invite you, and all of you on
this site, to dance with me.

*reference April 23,2012 post, thread Lawsuits Filed against NTM

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:39 pm 

That. Was. Awesome.

Taking a deep breath. Wiping a few tears.

Love you so much.

"Aunt" Raz

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm 

Dear Jane Doe No. 7

I am sitting here with tears running down my face....wow...you did it! Would love to give you the biggest hug. There are no words......I feel as if I have won something...perhaps it's the knowledge that someone who has walked in similar shoes is truly the "victor". ....there are no words.....

I'll open that bottle tonight and toast you.....I can always open more later.

A Hug
Radioshack

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 pm 

For one of the very few times in my life.... I am speechless!

That Girl.... [sorry, no words..... just tears of joy!]

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 pm 

OHHHHH!
SO relieved and GLAD for you, That Girl.
Now you can be "Who You Really Are Girl.
I am crying too.
I hope this will really free you from your chains.
Happy Life, Who You Really Are Girl.
You are not That Girl anymore.
Much love and prayers...........

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:35 pm 

Let the healing begin.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:45 pm 

This is good news indeed. May the victories continue. Full stop.