Guestbook

Welcome to my WP Wall Guestbook!

114 Responses to Guestbook

1. Jean Jones says:

I find so the stories so hideous to read, I’ve day here for 2 hours reading them.
    Why? Because my heart hurts so deeply for everyone of you brave, amazing, outstanding, remarkable young people.
    I have raised 5 children, lost one when he was only 32 and I know if anyone had EVER lifted a hand to one of my kids, I’d have torn that person like the tigress I am.
    You all give me so much hope for our future in this world. You show such grace even when telling these horrific stories, it is truly amazing.
    I can’t even remember what I was reading when I came across you survivors. Don’t call yourselves victims ever again. Be like the girls who at least had a chance to have their abuser in court and tell him what they thought of him. They decided to declare in one voice “We are not victims. We are survivors!” And all of you, whether heard or unheard are survivors!!!
    You all truly also humble me with the pure grace and courage to come out. I saw a clip from “Today” this evening, but don’t know if it was very recent or not. But those 5 young women were remarkable. Poised, brave, you all were amazing in your bravery.
    I just finished reading Lori’s story of that monster (I can think of no other word which I could use here, without running afoul of terms lol) and she truly inspired me to write here.
    I did try to register, but it kept telling me I answered the robo check question wrong, which I know I did not. Maybe it was having a bad evening, I don’t know.

You all truly walk in God’s grace, there’s no denying that fundamental truth.

May you all someday achieve perfect peace in your lives, such that you can one day look back and realize the past no longer haunts, hurts, or infects your lives.
    THAT is my prayer for you, as it is the same prayer I have for my best friend on this planet and my soul sister, who suffered a similar fate from her own father for several years and when she finally told her mother…her mother blamed her-a 13 year old child.
    She’s also the other reason I had to write here so you might possibly read my words and know someone else out there is crying with and for you and your lost precious childhoods tonight.
    May you have blessings placed on every one of you, your loved ones and your children.
    Blessed Be.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Jean from West Virginia

2. Loren Eason says:

Just found out about this. Was a visitor to the school on short term missions during the time in question — myself barely out of HS. I remember many of the MKs with fondness and feel horrible that people I spent time and played soccer with were being treated so horribly, but I also remember all the HS age MKs as being welcoming and smart and brave and I want to thank you all for that. It’s meant a lot to me over the years.

3. Cleve Mugford says:

I was a student at NTBI in the 70’s. There was something about the organization I didn’t like but couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it was the way they taught that NTM was the only mission that was truly carrying on God’s program through out the ages. Or the legalism I saw. But I also saw MK’s that didn’t want to talk about their time at boarding school. Not all. But enough that I noticed it. What has sickened me is that I knew some of the people mentioned in G.R.A.C.E.’s report. One of them was a ROOM MATE of mine. I also got to know some of the leadership that allowed this evil to happen. As I sit safely in my house, my skin crawls at the thought that I rubbed shoulders with these despicable sinners. My prayers are with you all.

4. MKFriend says:

New Tribes Mission NTM USA has changed their name to ETHOS360. Different name, but the same organization, with the same history of abuse being yet again distanced by the organization.

5. Rosemary Wissman says:

@Abby
    Abby, Dear, dear Abby, Wish I could just wrap my arms around you. Imagine Jesus doing that. By faith know that His love is greater than the pain of your past abuse. As a shy, college grad about to be married, my friends advised me to have a pre-marital exam. The doctor was our SS Superindentant. He abused me just days before we were married. I could have hated my husband for not saying or doing anything about it. I was as wishy washy as he, immature, had no courage. To hate would have cut off my love for Christ. To allow Satan to plague me for years on and off was not helping my growth in Christ. Christ helped me see that all the martyrs for Christ had worse tortures in their bodies than I was experiencing. I was strengthened to know that the abuse my Savior took was worse than anyone has had. And he was holy, pure, totally righteous. How could He have sustained all our filth, pride, our hatreds!!!????
    So dear Abby. Just know that you have experienced a little of what your Jesus did for you! 🙂

6. Donn DeBoer says:

Carrie and I taught as “Associates” at Fanda for two years (94-96?). We knew many of you and could not understand the walls between the MKs and us. Now I read this and find out why the walls were there and why our concerns were brushed off by the field “leaders”. I am ashamed that I was there and so blind. You have my apologies and my sorrow over your anguish. You are welcome to contact me if you wish. Donn DeBoer (science, math, and P.E. teacher)

7. taylor nathan says:

These are totally bias articles, the writer is a victim of something terrible, but i’m an ntm MK. I can tell you this we have a mission, to bring others to Christ. that’s our mission, period. but these people who have abused are lost . the people writing this article think EVERYONE at ntm are like that and that is NOT true!

• HiThere says:

Taylor: I’m also a former NTM MK and you’re absolutely right that not everyone at NTM acted in this way. And it wasn’t even close. It was a very very small minority. But a small minority can do a lot of damage sometimes.

I think the big issue isn’t that there were a handful of predators in among the thousands of good, decent, well-intentioned members. There will be always be some number of predators in ANY large group of people. (Though many of those well-intentioned people had very antiquated ideas of child discipline that would be considered child abuse today, but considered good child rearing 100 years ago. That, I think, is a different issue than the sexual predators and shouldn’t be lumped in with them.)

The issue is that when rumours and news of sexual abuse of children came to light in these communities, the people in charge tended to put the long term interests of the institution they served above the interests of the people that were harmed, and often shielded the pedophiles rather than exposing them in a way that might risk the overall mission.

8. ThreeWillows says:

@Wild bill

I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say. The fact that you placed forgiveness before justice says a lot to me. As I’ve stated before, if you’re more concerned about a victim forgiving his abuser than his search for justice, you’ve failed as a human being.

9. Wild bill, that is all well and good. We know that. And criminal acts require interaction with the law and consequences for the abusers. Christian love and mercy also require that we care for the victims and not protect the abusers.

10. Wild bill says:

As we choose Forgiveness justice and humility,we worship in Sprit and Truth,which destroys the power of lies and Darkness!

11. Abby says:

I’m not a ntm mk, but I have a story of “abuse” at an mk school. Today, almost 30 years later, I find myself in an epic struggle for a sense of release from this pain. The far-reaching effects of one mans’s sin is astounding and infuriating, and I’m just one of the many effected. This day, I am a functional, Jesus-loving, faith filled wife and mother, but because of this pain, I just want my life to end. Just had to tell someone.

12. Rebecca Bode says:

Wow! This is truly shocking and heart breaking! I’m so angry right now…beyond words! I too was an MK but my parents chose to work in Dakar, thus I attended DA. I knew other MK’s from Fanda. We would have the yearly SIPS athletic event. This is an outrage! I do believe this happened and now these actions are being denied. I too was sexually abused by someone..not at school but a close friend of my parents. A missionary kid!!! 20 years later when I confronted him and his parents they completely denied it! That’s what hurts the most! How dare! Shame on all of you who did this and are not admitting to it! There is no honor in that! I know people make mistakes and the Lord forgives~ but to act as if this never happened! It was already hard enough on these kids to be separated from their parents..and on top of it they were abused! Wow! I am glad that this has surfaced! It needs to be dealt with. My heart goes out to all of you fellow MKs! May you all be blessed and may the Lord heal you and restore you….trust me I know it takes a very long time to heal but God can heal all wounds!