[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - What are you wanting to see happen in the end?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:08 pm 

I remember thinking when the parent shared about the creepy child abuser being such a nice guy that you really need to get to know the people who have access to your children. I would like to think that you would see something but I don't know I have no experience with interacting with abusers. I've been told that they are usually in total denial about what they've done and the hurt they've caused. They are liars deceiving themselves and deceiving others so very frustrating. Still wondering about if anyone has tried to prosecute any of the sexual abusers?I would so like to see some of these guys put in jail. I'm so sorry that NTM has become a vehicle of such pain and disappointment for you all. I wish I could make it all better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:26 pm 

Tuti, I know there has been at least one NTM abuser who was prosecuted and did time behind bars. This was a case of incest and was pursued by the daughter. I applaud her.

In most cases there have been multiple excuses for why abusers of MKs have not been brought to justice. Things like the fact that the crimes happened overseas. And I am not aware of any case where a perp was turned in to local authorities on a foreign field. They were allowed to return to their home country, and then those who thought they'd be made to answer for their crimes there were told nothing could be done because now the abuser was not longer in the country where the abuse happened. Grrrr ....

Another issue that gets brought up is the fact that often many years pass before victims are ready to press charges.

In Les Emory's case, his local police station was contacted within the last few years, and because he has no police record, the police were not responsive at all. Not even, apparently, when now there is a lengthy interview which was conducted with him on his own doorstep during which he glibly admitted to molesting children overseas.

Have you watched the full-length interview?
http://www.wesh.com/news/28827694/detail.html
It is beyond comprehension to me that even after making this admission, this man is still walking around free, prowling this trailer park in Virginia.

There are days when it feels to me like no one cares. No one is going to help us.

Thanks for caring, Tuti.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:33 am 
Site Admin

The PROTECT ACT of 2003

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-108publ21/content-detail.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:50 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:02 am 

Pagod, I have no recollection of Philippine authorities being consulted regarding Les. I highly doubt that this happened. At the time, Les had only admitted to molesting one child. The Emory family left the Philippines within an extremely short time after that admission. So I doubt the accuracy of what you were told. And yes, if it happened, there should be documentation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:26 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 am 

Pagod said "I found it interesting that the GRACE report was very affirming of the shift that NTM made in 1997, though several still fell woefully short of appropriate response after that time in regards to Fanda. The report indicated that the cultural shift was both real and significant. However, elements of the "old guard" remained for a time and some may yet remain."

I did not get this at all from the GRACE report. Did others of you?

The documentation clearly indicates that was a start in 1997. BUt then a complete STALL. Unless all old NTMers are "reprogramed" the status continues - to this day! Ask any career NTM person what they thing of the Fanda Eagles. Ask the majority of active NTMer on the various fields what they think. Do they even care? Have they even given a moments concern for the GRACE report? Doubtful. after all, they have serious ministry work to do. Sarcasm intended.

On VERY credible word from Senegal, the leaders there are "sad" that the Fanda Eagles caused so much pain for the mission. This is Current!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:01 pm 

"very affirming" was not the right use of words. I should have said 'affirmed' or 'acknowledged.'

I was referring to one small paragraph crossing pages 42-43 discussing the "Grace Rediscovered" memo in which they indicate, "This tectonic shift in priorities and practice was prayerfully to transform the institution." (my emphasis in bold).

One small sentence in the report that seemed to indicate significant change in attitude, perspective, and practice of leadership at HQ.

Obviously, the report indicates failure to respond appropriately, mostly due to incompetence with investigative matters. They also point out a few that clearly didn't participate in the tectonic shift in trying to destroy evidence.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next