[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Summary of Abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summary of Abuse
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:50 am 

Raz, you beautiful woman! But will you still love me if I leave the toilet seat up at night?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 am 

Jerry, there's a limit to my grace! Have YOU ever sat down on a cold, narrow porcelain strip when you got up from a sound sleep and shuffled with half-shut eyes to the bathroom? Oh, nooooo!!!!!!! :o

But I was referring to GOD's love! Not my own still unperfected human version!

Pastor Long should be able to find a Bible verse about men who leave the seat up at night!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 am 

MrsM,I am praying that God will give you wisdom and peace. I don`t think that keeping silent is good for you or your family. These egregeous sins need to be exposed. Pray that God will heal you and give you courage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:21 pm 

Praise the Lord for His bounbless love, mercy and grace!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 pm 

What is it with you boys and your discussions of your bodily functions? I feel like I'm back in the Kombi with a bunch of junior-highers! :D
(Totally kidding, of course!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:47 pm 

I can`t type worth a doodoo! God knows what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:52 pm 

i really appreciate all that is being said here. the pain is tangible, and my heart bleeds when i read of abuse to the most vulnerable among us. i am so angry at the perpetrators and i want them all to be exposed and punished. i know that is close to the heart of God, to protect future victims. i apologize if my post made anyone feel as though i was rebuking them. that is not my style. i am just sensitive to the damage that false accusations can do, creating more victims, as i've seen first-hand what kind of pain that can cause as well. i wasn't under the impression that any victim had spoken out about mark ertl, although i could very well be wrong about that. if he is indeed the good man i believe him to be, i would hate for him to stumble upon these posts, or a potential employer, etc. that is all i was thinking about. thank you for helping me see things from another perspective as well. i'm not trying to censor anyone, just cast a little doubt in regards to this one particular name.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:13 pm 

Hi Jerry and Sherpa-

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement, and your prayers and support. I know you all know how much that means! And I appreciate it so much. Who knew when I decided to "join the cause" here and just wanted to show support for the little MKs I taught in Via on year, that I myself would be in a situation like this, dealing with these very same issues and finding support and encouragement and a bond here that isn't replicated anywhere else. Who knew? Well, God did, of course.

I had all my other posts re: my daughter (well, most of them) deleted for privacy's sake, and in those, I had discussed quite a bit what we decided regarding our family involvement, reporting it, etc. I will be kind of basic and vague here, but I wanted to let you know what is going on since you are encouraging me.

We did report this, but the detective basically said, as crass as it sounds, that my daughter didn't scream or protest enough. Sickening, isn't it? Also, we've consulted several other people through agencies that deal with these situations, and the consensus seems to be that since it was several years ago and the perps were minors, it would probably not amount to anything as far as criminal charges sticking, punishment, etc- which would be extremely devastating for my daughter. So, at this point, we are waiting. If she feels stronger in the future and wants to pursue this, we will re-open our file with the state police.

We actually cut off private contact with the one perp a few years ago, due to some other disturbing things we were seeing, and talked with her father as well (my brother). These things were not "reportable" as far as to the police, but were extremely wrong and disturbing, so we told my brother there was to be no more contact -phone, visits, etc- unless we were there to supervise. So, we don't really see these people. And I stayed at home for the in-law's Christmas thing with my daughter, because she did not want to see her abuser (another cousin, also a minor at the time- several years ago) and my husband stayed at home with her for my Christmas thing. So... we have allowed her to decide and supported her. But in daily life, as a rule, we aren't spending time with these people and neither is she.

She is currently staying with my sister, who is very loving, kind, supportive and willing to give my daughter the guidance she needs. She is being very cooperative, taking her meds, doing her schoolwork, exercising and getting out of the house, so we feel it's a good situation for right now. She wants to be there, so it's not that we kicked her out or anything. So for now, we feel that is contributing to her (and us) getting some stabilization while we work out therapies, etc, and gives us some breathing room without all the emotional drama on both sides. I don't know what the Lord wants for us in the long-term regarding that. I am praying about it. It is a difficult decision. My daughter really needs to get away from home for a while, I believe. Get away from her pesky little brothers and just stabilize and kind of relax and hopefully begin her healing. But of course, I feel torn. So, we shall see. I know that for right now, it's what is best. Maybe next week that will change, but I trust the Lord will show me that completely then.

It's just sickening to me that since it's a "minor vs minor" thing, there seems to be so little in place as to what can be done. But at this point, I'm not willing to take on the whole system, either.

Thanks again for your concerns and support! I might have this deleted soon, but for now, here's what's going on. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:18 pm 

No worries, Sherpa. I appreciate you asking! It's hard to keep up with all the posts here, sometimes, I know.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next