[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - A Proactive Suggestion Box

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:57 am 

Sherpa Dude, most of the MKs I met while in NTM could do almost anything, do it well and certainly do it better than I could! I honestly envied their experiences and expertise. I see things a little differently now, of course, and am maybe more thankful for my own middle class suburban upbringing than I was at the time.

At any rate, your suggestions are certainly pertinent, even for parents who home school. Part of the problem is that a lot of us didn't know of any alternatives to suggest to our children. I know I would do things differently today. . .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 am 

Sherpa Dude, you had two suggestions that I will second. Half hour of chapel before breakfast, one hour Bible class, and then another half hour devotions before bed and lights out is overkill. It was definitely a turn off. It only seemed so show the hypocracy of the staff that they could force all this down your throat and act the way they did. I remember having to memorize chapters of the Bible and having to write them out perfectly, every capital, period, comma or any other punctuation, as well as verse number, all in the King James version. I have no problem with memorizing scripture but I don't know anyone who memorized it for themselves that way.

Your second suggestion of a college fund for the missionary children is right on. I was so envious of other MK's at college who had mission college funds. Here I was working every second I could, cleaning crap off nursing home residents in the middle of the night, early mornings at a bakery, plus an on campus job. During the summers I worked 2 jobs while my MK friends from other missions worked during the summer and held a part time on campus job during the year, none of them were doing what I was to get through school. It would have been a tremendous help and much less stress if some kind of fund had been in place. I have wondered for years if it is still that way for the NTM MK's and also if NTM still has the policies it did of sending underfunded missionaries out with the restrictions that they could never tell supporting churches what their needs were because they were to go out in faith that God would supply. It was a matter of great pride to New Tribes that they were a "faith mission" but many of their missionaries were terribly under supported.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:47 am 

The trio was Charlotte Pries, Connie Davis and Lolly Hare.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 am 

That was an AWESOME trio! I can still hear their perfectly harmonizing voices in my head!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am 

Not for the first time in my life I find myself in error. lol The trio , if I recall, was Connie German, soprano- Lolly Bucher, alto- Charlotte McDonald, tenor. My sister Jayne sang tenor with Lolly and Connie in Brasil. They sounded pretty good too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:45 am 

But you are not in error. You got them right. They just all got married after they made the record!

BTW, I sang in a trio with the amazing Jayne Bartlett in Bible School!

But no one ever asked us to cut a record! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:24 pm 

Oh, that's funny! When I cut loose during worship at church (or in the car) and belt out my alto harmony, that voice I hear from somewhere in my vicinity startles even me! My trio days now only exist in my dreams.
I might have auditioned for a part in a has-beens' sextet at the Latham Center in Sanford, but I no longer qualify for that senior housing! 8-)
But oh, I did love harmonizing with my girl Jayne B! :o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:50 am 

Sherpa, you have hit the nail! Not only the FCs, but the FMC. NTM USA, do you know about their activities? Are they accountable?
NTM USA, if you are genuine, what Sherpa has suggested is what you should do. You also need to remove these abusive leaders no matter what the cost to NTM. God is not mocked. He WILL build His Church!
Andy, please point this out to Larry and the others if they are in the dark about these leaders in high places. We have been thru it. It is un-biblical and uncalled for.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:41 pm 

This tread of suggestions should be put into a report and made to have the leaders read out loud in their meetings and consider very seriously. I highly doubt all of them will be put into affect, however, they are amazing suggestions and I agree with all of them. Every single one. It would completely change NTM and would put a new face on the true 'mission' out there to reach every tribe and every tongue.
It would be wonderful if these 'suggestions' were actually taken seriously and implemented - it would take time to get all the changes in place but the ideas are so excellent - I for one would feel if they were implemented it would be like a dream come true.
Andy, you should seriously pass these posts on to the leaders and emphasize what a difference it would make.
These are very real and excellent perspectives from those that were right in the middle of the issue(s), and being in the middle of an issue is the best way to look back and see solutions to the problems. These are the people the mission should be listening to - not men that sit behind desks and read letters all day. What do they know? These are the are the ways the mission should be looking to change. And if they don't, I forsee a huge downfall of NTM if the leaders are too pridefull to take the advise and fantastic 'suggestions' on this thread. What fools they would be not to.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next