[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Writings about the abuse that promote healing

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 am 

I think the assumtion that if you are not overtly supportive then you are against us is erroneous. I think if we use the power of our collective voices as a club to force others to do as we demand we are no different from the arrogant men who got us in this mess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:58 am 

I am one who believes NTM should shut down until this "issue" is resolved. I hate that word in this sense "Issue"... it seems to trivialize the matter.

As I deal with the issues we are going through in our family, I have made some drastic decisions. I completely revamped my children's schooling (we homeschool); I have paid someone to come in and clean a few times so that I am relieved of that stress; I am constantly thinking of ways to simplify and to create an atmosphere of 'normalcy' in the midst of extreme chaos.

But most importantly, I am almost prostrated by the fact that somehow, *I* as a parent, failed to see what was going on here. I know this isn't so unusual and that most parents miss abuse. But as I look at the state of our family- my children- right now, I am burdened beyond anything I ever imagined for their souls; their hearts; their love for not only me and their father and each other, but for God and for their fellow man. I cannot imagine continuing 'life as usual' and I realize that I have a lot of soul-searching, repenting, drawing closer to the Lord and heavy, exhausting, heart-filled relationship building with my children to do that I cannot do if I just continue on with life as it was. Even if that means that I might have to quit such noble activities as teaching Sunday School or inviting homeless children in for a meal or .... whatever ...

So I see NTM the same. At the very least, if they care about the MKs and their families, there would be 15 Fanda updates on their homepage vs. 1 NTM work update. I cannot show my children that I care deeply about their pain and am committed to making it our priority for as long as it takes if I am attending to dozens of other matters. And if I have to drop feeding homeless children (theoretically, of course), then I trust that God can and will raise someone else up for that task while I tend to my own home.

Most importantly, I do not believe that God will continue to honor NTM if they do not make the abuse a priority. Which they aren't, no matter what they say.

These are my 5am and no sleep ramblings for now...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:59 pm 

MrsM, I agree with you. Your words have additional meaning because they are not just words - you are living this!

God, I pray for healing for MrsM's family. Please move in the hearts of the NTM leaders to follow MrsM's example. I pray for conviction of sin, compassion for the MKs, and determination to prioritize dealing with this issue above business as usual.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:06 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 pm 

OK, Boys ... let's sit down and have a cup of cafezinho together. Pass around the terere ... (can I just wipe off that gross metal straw before I sip)? Or have a Diet Moutain Dew. Or have you tried my favorite hot tea: Constant Comment? (The perfect tea for me :lol: laughing hard at myself!) Sorry, Sherpa, I don't know what the social drink of Bolivia is. :)
Ornery, I'll let you pick out a happy tune for our little love-fest.
Hugs all around!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:45 pm 

And to you, our beloved MrsM: I am sad that you have been hurt by responses to your post. We all love you so much. I have been an active member on this site since just two weeks after it was opened. I have seen participants come and go. Flare up and die out. I don't know if they are still reading, or if they have gotten weary, gotten mad or given up. But you have been so faithful, so steady. I wish you wouldn't call yourself an "outsider", because you have shown, by your unflagging support and connectedness, that you feel our pain and carry our burden with us.
We are so very grieved about the almost unbearable load you yourself are carrying now, within your own family. I know that you also see God's hand in bringing you into this group during the very year you were going to find out about the abuse of your own precious daughter. We want you to find nothing but love, empathy and support here. We want to give back to you what you have so freely given to us.
So please stay at the table with us, MrsM! Sherpa will share some of his Bolivian something-or-other with you! ;)
My favorite Thai drinks are Thai-style iced coffee or milky iced tea, but they don't sound appropriate on this dreary, cold winter day!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 am 

Hello Raz and the rest of you faithful posters,
I am still reading. You guys give me lots to think about and I guess I am just busy processing all the different comments. I end up not writing, but every day I am thinking and learning I appreciate all you people and the things I am learning from you. I am a mother who loves my kids dearly and love everybody who desires to see positive change and see that we missionaries do a godly job of loving for and caring for our kids. I promise to keep learning and to speak up and write emails etc when it is necessary. It is painful to see how slowly change comes about. Life is hard. The persistent of some of you who have needed to be heard amazes me. I know sometimes it would be easier to give up. Praising God that HE is FAITHFUL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next