[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Writings about the abuse that promote healing

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 pm 

Outstanding lyrics, Sherpa Dude. So good to remember that God has this whole big mess of a cursed world in His hands.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:22 am 

PTL for your music, Sherpa!
Your life story has had so many blessings for us even tho they didn't seem to be to you at the time.
Wait til you see the tapestry from the front!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:29 am 

I'm so sorry you lost your brother, Sherpa. Your music is a tremendous gift. thank you for sharing it here, and for using it as God gives you opportunity!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 am 

Sherpa Dude, you once again brought me to tears. Music reaches the heart like no other language does. That's very true for me. Your story is heart breaking but beautiful to see how God used you and your music. I'm so sorry for the pain you have been through. How very sad to hear a sibling compare chemo to childhood abuse, and acknowledge chemo was nothing compared to it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:04 pm 

Wow, Sherpa Dude, hard to see the words of your story through my tears. So very, very moving.
Your brother would be so proud, so proud of who you are today and how you are blessing us on this Forum.
You know he always loved you, and always will.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:24 am 

As a child I longed to rest safely in the arms of Jesus,but I could not. I was too afraid. His Father was used as a club to make me toe the line.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:49 am 

Jerry, that is heartbreaking. I'm sure Jesus is sad too, that the little Jerry could not relax in his arms. My heart rages against those who deprived you of that solace.

Sherpa, I wrote a song too, a long time ago.

He Cradles My Broken Heart

So many years ago I was a dreamer;
I planned just how my perfect life would be;
But now my dreams lie broken all around me;
My plans all thwarted by what's come to me.

Chorus: He cradles the pieces of my broken heart;
The dreams that are shattered,
The hopes torn apart.
Others speak of mending,
While my pain seems never-ending,
Yet He cradles the pieces of my broken heart.

My days in this sad world can feel so heavy;
The consequence of sin is all around;
But in the arms of God I am held steady,
The worst of grief can never keep me down.

God did not say that He would made life easy;
He walks with me through my reality;
The peace He gives just fills my heart with wonder;
His love shines through the dark and keeps me free.

I’ve come to see God’s way is through redemption;
Transforming deepest hurt to victory.
My heart is safe within His arms forever;
There’s nowhere else on earth I’d rather be.

RS, 11/26/97

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Speaks to me every time I hear it:

Bring Me to Life
Evanescence

how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become

now that I know what I’m without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become

Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:11 pm 

Eloquent. More than speaks.
Been there. Unspeakable numbness.

"He brought me out into a spacious place;
He rescued me because He delighted in me."
Ps 18:19 (See also vs. 13-18)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:41 pm 

Sherpa---What a precious child God has given you! You have given him unconditional love! God bless you both, and have a VERY MERRY CHIRSTMAS! I pray the new year will bring continued healing to you and yours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next