[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Tambo survivors reticence...I CAN'T HEAR YOU! (SpongeBob)

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am 

We could just keep circling your heads with a shrill buzz, right Down and Out?
Buzz! Buzz! Bite! Itch!

Please join in. Thank you, Tambo Graduate. But there must be so many more.

Will never forget the beauty of Tambo and the other places we all lived in Bolivia. And the great friends/ natls and ex-pats. And the Lord, active in our lives. Always faithful.

But the leadership, when based on groupthink, kept some really good folks with good gifts from staying. AND this concept did not prepare them to do all they should have or could have to handle the abusers! Putting the blame here on each individual who did not THINK biblically and ACT biblically. We all had/have the Word. Whoever spoke up/whoever asked questions---became the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 pm 

Well, I really thought of sharing my story too. As many of us from Tambo can attest, serious abuse did happen at Tambo as well. But, as I have followed these pages for a short time I have become increasingly saddened by the content. It seems to me that this site should promote healing for all of us who were abused. Instead, what we are getting is just a whole lot more abuse. This is not a place for anybody who has a problem with NTM to have a voice to stir up trouble. Correct me if I am mistaken, but wasn't this site created for the benefit of the abused? Don't we want God to be glorified here? If that is not the goal, then we are wasting our time.

And since I myself may be kicked off this site after this post, I will add one more thing.
For any of you who do not believe that God can heal you, I am deeply sorry. If the God we believe in does not have the power to restore even the most abused person among us, then he doesn't have the power to heal even one.
If we don't allow God to show us how to forgive and grow from it, then our hatred is going to be the end of us all. We need to do all we can to end the abuse in NTM, but our own bitterness will never accomplish it. Let's see this thing through so that the changes that need to be made in NTM are made. But let's make sure our motivation is right, because if all we thirst for is revenge, we will never see HIS children healed.
I eagerly await your thoughts,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:57 pm 

A+ for creativity. But completely missed the point. Please, call the police. In fact, it is your duty to call the police. The person who stole your wallet needs to be caught and stopped.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:37 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:51 am 

Hello Gene, I realize different words mean different thing depending on each individual. But my question is, what is the motivating factor?
Are we in this to make ourselves feel better? Are we in it to inflict as much pain on everybody involved as possible hoping that it will ease our own hurt?
-In this case revenge would not be a good thing.
Or are we in it to see that God is glorified in our lives and by the outcome?
_in this case, the revenge that we seek ultimately will be of great help to those who were abused and a huge step in seeing that kids are protected in NTM in the future.

I know that you could read this and think, "man this guy really doesn't think we should be going after the abusers and those who protected them."
Well, you couldn't be more wrong. I am all for it.
I just know that if I am in it for me, healing will not be the outcome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 am 

Tambo Grad.

I think many of us endured abuse but were silent and we pulled into ourselves so much that we didn't notice the abuse and hurt that others were going through until now. Also, as you know, silent kids were good kids, so everything was kept in. As we hear from others that went through the same things, we are finding comforting words from others and healing in knowing that we weren't alone. But the nagging abuse is something we don't want to pass on to our kids.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 am 

Thanks dbarney, well said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm 

Well said, MrsM. I totally agree. I certainly don't seek NTM's destruction but I do believe there needs to be a "house cleaning" and something better change FAST. NO more "sweeping under the rug" those sins and treat these pedos as CRIMINALS.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 am 

I say AMEN to MrsK. While I do think this site is being used to heal I think the rules are that everyone gets to voice their opinions and no one is silenced for what they think. A large boil has been lanced and all the stuff coming out ain`t going to be real pretty. I think Kari and Bonnie will let us know if we get out of line. I think I know you, Tombo Grad, we spent quite a bit of time facing each other on the soccer field at Camp Awana.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next