[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Future investigations

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Fly.png
Fly.png [ 123.76 KiB | Viewed 12021 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:00 pm 

NEWSFLASH: Tribers regret the price of bacon has risen :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:45 pm 

:lol: :lol: and two for Raz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:16 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:28 pm 

Just a reminder: we are STILL waiting for Theresa Sidebotham and her IHART crew to finish the investigations of child abuse in Panama and Bolivia.

It has been over 5 years since the founding of IHART (Independent Historical Abuse Review Team) in April, 2011.

It has been almost 5 years since IHART opened their investigation into abuse in Tambo, Bolivia (Dec. 2011).

It has been over 4 1/2 years since IHART began their investigation into the abuse of MKs in Panama (Jan. 2012)

It has been over 2 years since Pii (Professional Investigators International) finished their investigation of Panama abuse and submitted their detailed report to IHART and to the NTM Executive Board (July 2014).

It has been almost 2 years since NTM replaced Pat Hendrix with Theresa Sidebotham as the coordinator of IHART, which she then renamed Independent Historical Allegations Review Team.

Years and years of waiting, hoping, and waiting some more.

"Just wait them out. They can't live on hate forever," is a quote I have heard in regard to the MK abuse survivors waiting for justice. I don't know who in Sanford might have said it, or if it was even said word for word that way. But looking back at the way things have played out, I could well believe this has been the strategy. And it may appear to some, to be working.

If you think the MKs who survived horrendous abuse in their childhoods and are now asking to be heard and believed and supported are motivated by hate, then you -- dedicated Christian person -- might think you are justified in this strategy.

Today I sat in my church and listened to a message about self deception, using Saul as an example of a person who was once very, very sure that he was right, and justified, in what he was condoning and doing. Yes, he thought his beliefs and actions were 100% justified.

Until that journey to Damascus. And the encounter with Truth, which changed his beliefs, and his life, forever.

Self-deception can happen to any of us.

And it is very, very dangerous.

We can be very, very wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

DISGUSTING.

The 'spiritual elite' of NTM have blinders on. I pity them. I am grateful for social media that gave us a platform to shout from, now let's use it. Any MKs who want to take this further hit me up and I'll put you in touch with someone from SNAP who may be able to help you get press. NTM thinks we're going to drop this? The social consciousness is shifting. We won't go back into the dark. We care about justice and we will not be shamed nor silenced.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:39 pm 

Thank you, Kari!
We have said over and over that we will not give up.
And we haven't.
And we won't.
If MKs can do more---get press going---good!
I hope they do.
SPOTLIGHT.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:37 pm 

October's update on the IHART website indicates that survivors of abuse in Panama might actually be receiving their packets of reports and information soon:

http://www.ihart.care/progress.html

"IHART would like to announce that the Summary Reports, Statements of Finding and accompanying letters are on their way to victim/survivors, alleged offenders, and the leaders involved with Panama."

Theresa also writes:

"However, we still need a number of addresses. I am committed to the privacy of every victim/survivor and will not mail a confidential report to an old, unconfirmed address. If you are expecting to receive a packet on the Panama investigation, but have not confirmed you address with us, please let us know your mailing address. We have your packet prepared and are waiting for a current address. Please use contact@ihart.care to update your US postal address." (So I am wondering .... will victim/survivors living outside the US not get a packet?)

In addition, for the rest of us, there is this paragraph:

"After the packets already mailed have had a reasonable length of time to reach their destinations, I will be posting the Panama Summary Report on this website, for access by all who are interested. The Report will able be able to be downloaded."

It looks like this is finally happening. The IHART investigation (a process of NTM) into MK abuse in Panama, which was opened in Jan 2012, is finally producing an end product, after almost five years of waiting.

It will be important to support the MKs who will be receiving "packets" with our prayers and thoughts. I have observed that the opening and reading of the documents produced by abuse investigations can be incredibly difficult, if not devastating, for the recipients. They will be remembering, reliving their abuse. It is very difficult when the opinions and perspectives of others get added to the mix. Especially when words like "alleged offender" are used. I hope the recipients of the packets are fortified for what is to come, and I hope that you know that the rest of us here on Fanda Eagles are standing with you.

Together strong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:42 pm 

This has already been posted in the Panama section, but in case you missed it, IHART has now published their Summary Report on the investigation into MK abuse in Panama. Here is the link:

http://www.ihart.care/panama-summary-report.html

I just checked again on the NTM website, and I cannot find one word about this completed investigation, or this summary report.

The report is clearly written to impress friends and supporters of the mission, who want to believe everything is being handled in a Godly way. So why is it not being given a front and center spotlight, so everyone can read it and nod in agreement about how unaware missionaries in the past were about how to treat children, and how much safer today's MKs are?

NTM, no one is going to see this document if you don't showcase it! You spent a ton of money producing this ... you need to make sure everyone sees it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next