[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - What are the reasons for silence?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:50 pm 

Some people have written that they are frustrated with how many observers are hovering around the forum, yet how few are actually posting. I wonder if we could maybe figure out why (besides the obvious - fear), and find a way to encourage their voices.

Please (please!) take the following statements as being written with utmost respect and gratitude to OT for his courage & initiative to blaze the trail into Mordor. I know OT's on a mission to find justice for Courageous, Survivor & other dear friends of mine, & frankly I'm very proud of him and thankful that he is showing the anger and determination of a champion and defender's heart.

But as a result, I wonder if some are thinking that their accounts of emotional, spiritual, or even physical abuse are more trivial or less traumatic b/c they are not as easily proved, tangible, or prosecutable(is that a word?). Maybe it seems to many observers that the majority of the posters on here are so consumed with justice for the extremely vile crimes that there is not a place for those who are in so much pain just from being screwed up mentally and emotionally.

Just a theory.

(The purpose of this post is NOT for OT to back off his mission. Please please continue, Frodo. The crimes need to be addressed, justice needs to be served & innocent potential victims need to be protected.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:25 pm 

I have no doubt there are those who are wrestling with their own emotions and will in time tell their story.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:35 pm 

For some it's, who do I tell first? My husband? My parents? What if someone tells them first? And of course, its more complex then that . . .we were made to feel guilty for liking music with a beat . . .so feeling guilty about something sexual is just part of it as well . . .praying for courage and boldness . . .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:21 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:09 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am 

:lol: Boy, did I need a good laugh! Thanks OT :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:26 am 

To the ones who feel like their stories pale in comparison to others; this has never been a spitting contest. If the type of abuse you suffered, and it does not even matter how long you suffered it, affected you at all in your life, then it was a tragedy. Abuse, no matter what kind and to what extent, affects every aspect of our lives. It affects how we relate to others, how we carry ourselves, how we speak and are spoken to, how we do in relationships, how we relate to and raise our kids, and in the end how we have lived out our entire lives. If you are hurting in any way, we want to hear about it. If you were hurt once but found a way to cope and heal, we want to hear about it. The words you speak could speak to others. If you are an MK and feel as if you have nothing to say, we would love to just hear a "hi". We are pulling on a tug rope just trying not to fall in the mud and the more people we have on our side the stronger we will be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:55 am 

Aw thanks Gene. I have really enjoyed your posts on here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:45 pm 

Yes I think the over riding reason for people not posting or speaking up is FEAR. One friend wrote to me and said even if she did write on here she has no idea what to say (maybe she is afraid of being attacked for what she says or that she will be misunderstood). I also think that for some people who have never experienced sexual abuse and have had a very sheltered but loving and secure upbringing they just cannot relate to this at all (Afraid of having their own lives destabilized because of the questions this raises about themselves, God and others). They are repulsed and horrified by it, they can not handle it. They feel terrible about it but can't bring themselves to face the reality of it (Afraid of facing the question of how could God allow this to happen? Feeling disappointed with God for letting it happen. What does this mean for me, How will it affect me personally?). They do not want their lives to be upset, they just want to carry on with their lives because they think it is not their problem. They are focused on their own lives. The fear is very real on many levels and sometimes I think we/they don't even know why .It is kind of like abortion, people know in their hearts it is wrong but they are so overwhelmed by the size of the problem that they feel helpless to do anything about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next