[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Investigation

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Investigation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 pm 

I'd suggest taking a Victim's Advocate as well as a lawyer. If you are interested, I think I know a Victim's Advocate in that area who I'm quite sure would be willing to be present with you, before, during and after the meeting. You as a group would define what kind of role you would like her to have.

Let me know if you'd like to be in contact with her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:22 pm 

Panama MKs I am totally behind you. Your courage is great. I agree with BevST that you take with you a Victim Advocate.

Reading over the NTM letter the first thing that hit me is how little they value MKs. They will pay any lawyer or IHART to keep them out of trouble but they can't pay $2000 for the transportation.

Secondly what you asked for it good just as it is. What do they want to take off the table? Naming the offenders? Admitting the mission knew all about this long ago? If you go take you lawyer, your advocate, and your reporter with a video camera. Don't allow them to keep anything secret. It is no secret to the world help them realize they have no place to hid.

Much courage to you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:27 pm 

Great suggestions!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:50 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:48 am 

Especially denied. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:48 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:29 am 

A few weeks ago I was told that the Recommendations Panel for Panama, assembled by IHART, will begin meeting tomorrow, Sept. 30.

If that meeting is still on schedule, today is probably a travel day for the team.

Tomorrow they will begin going over the abuse report written by Pii, and then decide together on recommendations for consequences, which they will then submit to the NTM Executive Board.

I have no further information, such as location of the meeting, or composition of this team.

And to clarify: the Recommendations Panel is different and separate from the group of Panama MKs who are asking NTM to change the process of what happens with the abuse information compiled by the IHART investigators.

As far as I know, the process for Panama remains unchanged, and is set to follow the same course followed by the investigation into abuse at NTM's school in Vianopolis, East Brazil.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 am 

I had a strange and interesting dream last night. I was being placed in a dorm of a well known physical sadistic and I took my father aside and told him that if the man ever touched me, I would retaliate with like.
Interesting dream, because the only dorm I was in was my parents and all this was decades ago.

But it got me thinking. In PNG, very few people fought back, yet they knew what was being dished out in the name of "discipline". It was a culture divided up into two groups, those that saw it as their "god given" role to break the wills of others (be they children or their co-workers) and those that had been broken and become subservient. The "will breakers" made sure they manipulated their way to the top, with their divine appointments and revelations, while the rest just seemed to nod their heads or go on furlough and not come back.

Nothing will change in NTM, unless change is forced. The culture is set, the weasel words flow and the average triber has been manipulated into asking no questions for fear of being expelled or disciplined.

If the Recommendations Panel was assembled by IHART, then there is a problem for a start. In my dealing with IHART, I have found communication to be poor and incompetent. Now it appears that Pii has close links to NTM. So it will be more time wasting, more weasel words and only token gestures of any consequences for serious criminal activity, which in the "real world" would be dealt with harshly and promptly.
But that is the problem. This is not the "real world" and it never will be unless it is exposed for what it really is!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:00 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:41 pm 

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next