[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - IHART Investigation, Vianopolis

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:08 am 

Well, at least I asked.
What an answer---I'm so sad.
But thanks, Lori, for your courage----
It's possible! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:32 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:48 am 

How sad! I really cannot believe the manipulative hold ntm continues to place on MK's with this confidentiality stunt. Wow ntm....you have proven once again your cult-like power. Shame on you!!!!! You obviously do not care about the victims!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:23 am 

The question is really do the Via MKs want the names posted? They have info and the ability to discreetly give names without revealing anything personal or identifying themselves if they want to.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 am 

Yes, that is true, darthjaded. Via MKs can re-word and post anything they like.

We absolutely, 100% agree that the privacy of childhood abuse victims should be protected at all times. This includes not only their identities/names but also information about what they suffered that may be very personal and private, and they may not want it to be revealed. Some people, like dreamwords, may choose to describe their own abuse, in their own words. But others may not be comfortable doing that, and I completely support their right to make those choices.

But I do not see a valid reason for protecting the identity of the adult missionaries who hurt innocent children. The abuse they perpetrated has resulted in so much pain and so many struggles for decades now. They do not deserve anyone's protection. I do feel very sad for the innocent spouses, children and grandchildren of abusers, who are the collateral damage in these situations. We acknowledge that the exposure of the sins of their family members is very traumatic for them, and I sympathize with that. This is just one more heartbreak on top of all the other heartbreak.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:01 pm 

That being said, I will add that I have received privately the names of the Vianopolis abusers.

I can post those, if that is what the Via survivors want.

Or if there is a Via survivor who would like to do that themselves, I think that would be a very courageous step to take. Like I said, you can re-word everything, and only post what you are comfortable posting. That might also help ease the restrictions of the "confidential" threat that is on the pages of your report.

I will wait a bit to see if anyone responds.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Another issue at hand.

Do we really think that the people found through the IHART investigation into Via, Panama, etc. only abused during that time period there in Via, Panama, etc? What about their time in bootcamp, language school, maybe on staff here Stateside? We are still keeping secrets for NTM! What about the person who is struggling because NTM is only "investigating" the boarding schools and they were abused in Nursery/Toddlers at bootcamp, language school or even at NTBI or they know of such abuses.

When will we set boundaries for our own lives?

When do we stop giving NTM power over us?

When is enough enough?

I say out them. These are allegations and we can say as much.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:42 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:04 am 

I think it is a valid point that others see the results of the report, both the findings and the recommendations - so they can know whether they want to cooperate with investigations into their schools. However, the reports are highly specific and would instantly reveal victims if they were to be published as is. The reports also only address the specific individuals a victim provided info on, so each report is incomplete.

Perhaps Raz would agree to be a point person - to whom we could send any info we are comfortable sending? We might get enough to compile an almost complete report, and that way others could more accurately evaluate IHART's reporting process, as well as NTM's response.

For victims on the waiting list of schools to be investigated, this might be useful - whether it will be worth their spent time & emotions to cooperate with IHART.

**Sorry for putting you on the spot, Raz** It's merely a suggestion and you are not committed to anything by it.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:37 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next