[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ::PLEASE DON'T COMMENT:: This is My Story about Gary Earl

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:38 pm 

I would like to make it clear that although Gary Earl was required to retire by New Tribes Mission in December, 2013, he was able to fly to Papua New Guinea "to pack." He has been in Papua New Guinea, at Lapilo (formerly Numonohi, and the same location of the abuse), for the past three months. He is planning to stay in Papua New Guinea, according to his prayer letter, until late May 2014.

Here is the information you'll need to contact New Tribes Mission:
Email: ntm@ntm.org
Phone: 407-323-3430

NTM USA
1000 E. First Street
Sanford, FL 32771

The person you need to contact for child protection is Brian Coombs, Director of Personnel.

Here is the information you'll need to contact Brian Coombs:
Email: brian_coombs@ntm.org
Phone: (407)547-2335
---------------

YES, you absolutely may share the links to my posts!! I NEED something GOOD to come from my story. I don't have anything to hide, not even my name. I'm only not using my married name on this site, as I'm a professional blogger and and the brands I work with search for me regularly. I don't want "abuse" coming up as a first search result for me. Know what I mean? "Abuse" is not quite as fun as "homeschooling" and "sketching."

I welcome, and encourage, New Tribes and Gary Earl to share their statements and emails as well. Meanwhile, please contact NTM at the address/email/phone above, to request Gary Earl be terminated, or to ask questions so you can draw your own conclusions.

Thank you for your many messages! Anyone should feel free to PM me. I'm open to your questions or your comments. If you'd rather not register on this site, contact me at LoriJMcAlister@gmail.com or through .

Lori McAlister
Class of 1989
Numonohi, Papua New Guinea

p.s. If you go to the link I posted above for the Director of Personnel, you'll see this today: :::This user has elected to delete their account and the content is no longer available::: but

I'll copy/paste an excerpt of the blog post below, as the content is relevant (bold emphasis mine)

“…New Tribes Mission’s on-going efforts at child protection have been without a central leader and were becoming more disjointed. Consequently, while some efforts at direction had been coming from a committee, more things began falling through the cracks.

“The search for the right person to chair this department has been ongoing since early 2011. This position is so important that the board decided to consider all people within NTM USA with the necessary qualifications regardless of the ministry in which they were currently involved. In February 2012, the NTM USA Executive Board approached Brian and asked him to consider filling this vital role. The expectation is that the Coombs will move to central Florida by the summer of 2012…It is hoped that Julie will continue to assist in prevention training and will work alongside her husband in this demanding ministry…they will be stepping into one of the most critical and demanding ministries that NTM has and will need continued encouragement and prayer.” - Brian Coombs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:06 am 

Post subject: March 30 to Brian Coombs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:27 pm 

Post subject: Required to Resign
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:05 pm 

Date: Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Subject: info

Lori,

I am writing to let you know that we have forced Gary to resign upon further review of our policy. We have been told that Gary will be leaving the PNG Field shortly.

Brian Coombs
Director of Personnel
New Tribes Mission
brian_coombs@ntm.org

Post subject: NTM Medical Plan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:31 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:55 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:30 am 

Here is the information you'll need to contact New Tribes Mission to continue requesting termination (as opposed to resignation) and to request NTM remove Gary Earl from the New Tribes Mission base in Papua New Guinea immediately:

Email: ntm@ntm.org
Phone: 407-323-3430

NTM USA
1000 E. First Street
Sanford, FL 32771

The person you need to contact for child protection is Brian Coombs, Director of Personnel.

Email: brian_coombs@ntm.org
Phone: (407)547-2335
---------------

If you would like to ask me questions, or want me to verify anything, you may reach me at LoriJMcAlister@gmail.com

If you know of any supporting churches or supporters who need to be notified, please let me know. I have a friend who is contacting supporters on our behalf, as New Tribes Mission says it will only contact the "sending church." We want to be sure little girls are safe when Gary Earl returns to the United States. Also, we want his donors to know whom they are supporting, so they can be informed. In our experience, offenders often don't tell their donors, but usually continue collecting support as if they are in ministry.

Thank you for the outpouring of support from around the world, from within New Tribes Mission and outside of the mission. I can't tell you how much it means to me. "Courage is not a feel-good emotion," someone wrote on the forum. Oh, how I agree. But you're being courageous, too. Thank you so much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next