MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 pm 

Honestly, I am confused about who said this. The person shown talking to the reporter in the video is not Jerry. And they say Scott's Dad's name is Joe. Perhaps this was another relative named Joe, and they thought it was the father?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:03 pm 

Also mentioned was a decision by the jury. Unless I'm very much mistaken, there is no need for a jury when the plea is guilty.

But reporters are human and small inaccuracies are known to occur. Even make the odd mistake myself, which Mrs Bemused writes in a little book and . . . . :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:17 pm 

Another thing I've noticed on audio is that no one ever pronounces Kennell correctly! It does make you wonder how close of attention these reporters actual pay to this life-and-death stuff that they report about.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:40 pm 

New Tribes Mission seeks to base their decisions on the Bible, especially when it comes to making disciplinary decisions about their members. Here is an excerpt from one of their internal emails: "We are deeply saddened by abuse that happened to our MKs and seek to provide appropriate responses to them. We also have an obligation to make discipline determinations for our members. We seek to do both based on the foundation of scripture." [My emphasis]

This sounds noble enough. Anyone care to jump in here and offer any suggestions on WHICH Scriptures were formed the foundation for their decision not to dismiss Gary Earl for his violent acts against children?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 pm 

You're asking a Sympathetic Agnostic? O.k. let me think.

Oh yes I've got it.

"Let him who hath no sin, cast the first stone". We are all sinners, so none of us hath the right to cast the first stone, therefore offenders go free.

Do I get a chocolate fish?

Now a question for you good sir. Below is the original pledge taken by the founders of NTM. Please review the document and give the current NTM leadership a mark out of 100 for adherence to this founding document:

Quote:
I. We hereby pledge ourselves:

A. To work for the completion of the bride of Christ until death

B. To measure all of our effort in the light of this task

C. To refrain from doing even the good things if they do not contribute to the most important thing; namely, reaching the last unevangelized tribe in our generation

D.to do nothing that would hender or detract or render us powerless in the accomplishment of this goal

II. we pledge ourselves:

A. to pray daily for all the necessitites needed to reach this goal

B. to pray unceasingly for the following objectives until the Holy Spirit complete the job in Christ comes for His bride:

1. for guidance to the last tribe

2. For fivethousand new tribes missionaries on pioneer fields doing New Testament missionary work mainly building an indigenous Church

3. for 100,000 prayer members who are out and out for Christ

4.For 5 million dollars annual missionary revenue from the prayer team

5. For five thousand lives or five percent of prayer team members to go to the mission field under all boards or independent each year

6. for an ever increasing burden and personal prayer ministry

7. to pray in love for each others lives in ministry

III. we pledge ourselves to make no decisions relative to the project of the new tribes mission and the prayer team or even in our personal lives where it would effect the interests of another member of this covenant without all three of us recognizing it as from the Lord and in His will

IV. in order that we might be most helpful to each other, we will frankly report the Victories and confess defeats in a quarterly circular letter

V. in the event of a possible misunderstanding, we pledge ourselves to maintain the attitude of perfect love, to take the humble attitude before God and one another and never harbor ill feelings to other and to find the victorious solution at any cost

we hereby enter into this covenant without desire for personal glory and knowing that the goal can be successfully reached only when Christ himself gets all the glory. We shall consider victory for one of us as victory for all, ascribe all praise to God. All our effort shall be as a team with no thought of any personal competition. We know also that the job is possible and will be done by the Holy Spirit; nor will we hesitate to faithfully minister to each other’s weaknesses in the flesh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:42 am 

Gene Long wrote:
This sounds noble enough. Anyone care to jump in here and offer any suggestions on WHICH Scriptures were formed the foundation for their decision not to dismiss Gary Earl for his violent acts against children?

Almost certainly not this one:
Quote:
It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2 KJV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:00 am 

But Jerry, the "Millstone" is figurative, whereas the rod is not, except well, the rod for the backs of fools - that one is figurative too. Spare the rod or board, spoil the child; spare the millstone, save the work... Isn't that how it goes?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 am 

O.k. I know the answer.

It's the scripture that says "Cast not your Earls before swine" Matthew 7:6

Surely that gets a chocolate fish :P or an Amen from Raz at the very least.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:20 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 am 

Haha, Bemused!

How do I make a chocolate fish on here?

XXXX x X
XXXXXXXX
XXXX xX

Does that work??

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next