[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Un-mute

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Un-mute
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:49 pm 

I joined the forum only lately and have been catching up. Reading brings a flood of emotions and thoughts. In these last few days, I sort of shut down. But I think I just found my tongue…maybe ‘cause I’m feeling vindication. 8-) So some responses and thoughts to a few things...

On the Red Baron & co.

After reading some of the “Red Baron’s” comments past, I nearly fell off my chair laughing, and then I wanted to throw-up.

It is, I think, a pervasive, iniquitous thought pattern that is evidenced: “Lesser evil” rationalized in ‘light’ of “greater good.” The “lesser evil” includes the abuse done to the “least of these,” casualties here evidenced. Proclaim the gospel; cover the offenses.

Yet, if those who abuse, abuse Christ (Mt.25:40,45), if faithfulness with few things is prerequisite to greater responsibility and reward (Mt.25:21,23) and if offense to a little one is no small matter to Jesus (Mt.18:6), sacrificing “the least of these” for “the cause of Christ” is perverse and idolatrous. (Agreed O.T., millstones are heavy.)

If God had applied that rationale to that little bit of fruit at the fall of all things, there would be no such thing as justice; there would be no gospel.

It confines the “least of these” to a place of illegitimacy. Speak and you ‘damage’ the “cause of Christ.” Keep silent and you die slowly and painfully and eventually physically. That is not life abundant. That is not good news.

No new thoughts really, but it feels good to “speak.”

Post subject: Re: Un-mute
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:51 pm 

On Dreams

I dream vividly. Most of the time I don’t remember my dreams except on occasion, and there are certain dreams that seem to carry significance. Here are two dreams from my 20’s:

I dreamed I was in a glass shop. Beautiful, sharp glass ornaments hung from the ceiling and walls catching the light of the large “window-shop” front window in an array of colors. I was in a dim back corner on my bed. In the opposite corner stood a shadowy figure I knew to be Frank Parker. “Danger” was the feeling in that moment of the dream.

Then, through the back door right next to where I was came 3 men – one very large figure in the middle and two figures on either side – faces indecipherable. I somehow knew the figures on either side to be my “brothers.” (I don’t have “flesh and blood” brothers.) The figure in the middle I knew to be my father – not my “flesh and blood” father – later realized, my Abba Father.

He caught me up into his arms, and I wept.

This is the other dream:
“We” – an unknown “we,” were in a room, all walls stacked with bales of straw. There was a man who would not let us out – again a shadowy figure in my dream but I knew the man to be Frank Parker. We kept having to move into smaller and smaller rooms stuffed with straw until the ceiling was no more than 2-3 feet from the floor and it was difficult to breath.

In that dream, I wanted to kill Frank Parker so that we could get out. When I woke up, I was surprised at the intensity of the emotion b/c I had never had a murderous thought awake.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:53 pm 

On “the little girl with the cast”

Just a few months ago, I met a man from what used to be our home church. When he heard my name and the names of my parents, he said, “Oh, are you the little girl with the leg?”

:)

I hadn’t heard that question in years, and its always worded the same way – “the little girl with the leg.” It makes me smile. And then he told me how they had prayed – prayers of so many people I don’t even know for which I am so grateful. And he remembered, though now nearly 30 years have passed.

Yes, I was a little girl with a leg – two actually but one had a cyst. I went through two years of hospitalizations and surgeries, crutches, shots – lots of shots – I don’t like shots, all of which included some pretty intense physical pain so much so I didn’t want to whisper at one time. Yet now, when I think of that time, I think of it positively. That pain has no affect on me now other than a couple of extra sensitive scars. I have no memory of the feeling of it if that makes sense. I was with my family; the hospital staff was so kind and caring; I liked my doctor, and I was not in the little dorm. I was safe.

When I left Via, I was so crippled inside that I am still healing. God is a relentless healer by the way!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:54 pm 

On murdering Lazarus
John 12:9-11

Many were believing in Jesus because of Lazarus’ resurrection.

I am a living testimony of the power of Jesus Christ, of the power of the gospel. “A bruised reed, He [did] not break…” (Is.42:3) God can redeem anything.

It is impossible to silence Lazarus for the “cause of Christ.”

“…He will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not be disheartened or crushed until He has established justice in the earth.” (Is.42:3-4)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:59 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:28 pm 

Thank you for finding your voice, Arara Azul.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:58 am 

AA-

We are here, listening. Keep posting, and we'll keep reading, and praying for you.

Love you,

H-n-H

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 am 

I thought with the investigation at Via going on, that bringing this topic back to the top was apropos. Inspiring, poignant . . .full of courage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:50 pm 

Thinking of all you Via MKs, and wondering how the IHART investigation is going. Is there any progress, or are they still gathering contact information?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:38 pm