[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - What are the reasons for silence?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm 

Amen to that Aussie!
From I Corinthians 13
13 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

This passage reminds me of the "devoted:" missionaries giving their all.

Yet I like to put the word our children in place of the word others.

So if I may exercise the liberty to paraphrase God's Word without offense, this is what I mean,

13 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love my own children, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love the children God gave me, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn’t love our very children, I would have gained nothing.

Yes many ntmers can be devoted to reaching the unreached. But neglecting the basic needs of their own children and allowing abuse nullifies all the self-sacrifice in reaching the unreached. For they have sacrificed their very own children. THIS IS NOT LOVE.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm 

Or were some of them that devoted? Some of the missionaries I knew when growing up did very little work at all, it was just a nice holiday paid for by people thousands of miles away who couldn't see what was really going on.
Some of them really had it made, housegirl to do the washing, cleaning. Native man to keep the yard nice and only had to pay them peanuts. Of course doubt that is what they were telling the supporters back home in those pleading prayer letters, but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good holiday. And they didn't have to worry about being assigned to a real crappy job, they were all given to the Downunder missionaries, who got dismissed if they complained.
They didn't even have to love your own kids, they could let uncle and aunt do it for them. And when they found out that it wasn't love they were getting, well they don't have to care, because what the hell, they were having such a good time anyway and it was all one big farce for some. Just as long as someone else was paying for it all, it didn't matter that the kids were paying with their lives.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:23 pm 

Aussie, will you teach me how to run that mean machine? I'm soo happy you are back. I love your thunder!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:26 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm 

Yes Aussie and 22 years ago. You are so right. Yes that is true. Lots of the missionaries, PROBABLY THE MAJORITY, are living fairly nicely. Good point.

I remember hearing over the years two separate missionaries say, " if I left the mission I would have to get a job and work."

Hmm.

So yeah you are right. I actually wrote the above thing which included I Cor. 13 because I do know of at least three missionary units in different parts of the world who do put their utmost in to the ministry. Interestingly they are all single. I also know one mom who really works herself into the ground. She homeschooled. So that is four people.

My issue is for a while I felt guilty praying for ntm to fall because I thought of these four individuals whom I know are dedicated. I figure since I am just one person there must be more . Even if there are a hundred in all of ntm, I was feeling false guilt for praying that God would make ntm pay. But then I came across I Cor. 13 and realized that these individuals I know and the possible handfuls of others dedicated to the ministry may be giving their all and being faithful to their supporters, however the neglect of the mk's is not right and so all that is to no avail.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:06 pm 

Excuse my dodgey theology. But hasn't God been down this road before?

Sodom and Gomorrah, a few good people amongst a lot of others. So God devises a rescue plan.

Just don't look back when you leave.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 am 

Boz from GRACE on the Mike Huckabee show

http://ow.ly/nHcEt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:19 pm 

That's a very good interview and well worth a listen. It answers one big question I have pondered for the last 2 years, how did so many sex offenders end up in NTM?

According to Boz, religous groups are targeted by sex offenders, because they are easy pickings. Christians don't believe that it could happen and even when it does, choose to say little because they think it will damage the reputation of Christ.
As Boz goes on to point out, the opposite is the reality. By remaining silent, the credibility of the Church takes a hit, whereas dealing with the problem would be a more credible approach in the eyes of the secular world.

Doing a bit of background research. Mike Huckabee is a highly achieved political figure. Here is his contact details http://www.mikehuckabee.com/contact-us In the opening of his interview with Boz he states that he has an interest in seeing the end of child abuse, so here is a chance for the articulate of us to take up his challenge and offer our expertise, wisdom and stories. Never know, he might just reply :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:50 pm 

Bemused. You are right about Sodom and Gomorrah. :D Thanks for sharing that.

Not only do I post on here to voice things that concern me, but also to learn or be reminded. After literally 26 years total of training and service with ntm, it will take time for me to formulate my own beliefs and learn to stand on my own feet deciphering truth from falsehood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next