[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Have you also been approached by an investigator recently?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:45 am 

Hey, you all. I haven't written on this forum in quite some time, but I was wondering if you can help me with some information. I've been approached by an "investigator" who says he is looking into PNG abuse. He is:

Brad Brown - Investigator
Professional Investigators International
Liberty Lake, WA

My brother spoke on the phone with Mr. Brown (though the story is only mine; my brother was a bystander). He said Scott Ross had the idea of hiring a 3rd party for finding out what happened in NTM PNG.

I had given my story to NTM several years ago, but nothing was done, and I don't wish to go through the trauma of remembering again, if it is again for nothing. Can someone give me advice or research who this is?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:27 am 

PII interviewed me last year.
They are hired by IHART - who have been hired by NTM.
The PII folk are amazing. What happens with the investigation no one knows.
I think Brad is one of the investigators who spoke with my mother and father a couple of weeks ago...

Yes, it hurts horribly to open up - but there is also a great deal of healing in the process! BUT telling your story is also good "for the record". It puts light on the fact that we are MANY.
I was going to put "we are LEGION!" but that would probably be very misinterpreted!!

Whatever you do, do it for YOU!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:17 am 

Nope ain't heard anything for some time from IHART. They said they'd let me know when they get to PNG.

And speaking to parents, now that is going to be interesting!!! They're in for an experience . . .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:39 am 

Thank you so much, dreamwords, for letting us know this has happened.

I am alarmed to hear Pii is contacting PNG MKs. As recently as two weeks ago, I was assured by NTM that IHART would not be starting any other investigations of other schools until at least one of the current ones had run its full course. So the fact that you have been contacted by someone who says they are with Pii raises an alarm for me. Is IHART going rogue on NTM? Is Pii starting to do their own thing? Why is Scott Ross' name being mentioned? Brad Brown is not even listed on Pii's website as one of their investigators.

http://www.teampii.com/our-team/

I have repeatedly expressed multiple concerns, both here, and directly to NTM. I will say again that I am absolutely not in favor of IHART beginning any other investigations until they show us how one of the current investigations is going to work, all the way to the end. As things stand now, Pat Hendrix seems to indicate she will keep interviewing people from a particular school for as long as there are people who are willing to talk. For Pete's sake! That could be drawn out for years and years! There has to be some sort of a cut-off time, or nothing will ever get wrapped up!

I hope this thread will get the attention of someone in NTM. We need some explanation. Has IHART been given the go-ahead to contact PNG MKs? Why has there been no word of this on the NTM website, or via a letter from Brian Shortmeier? How would an MK like dreamwords even know if this inquiry by a Brad Brown is even legit?

I am deeply concerned about this development, and I hope we can get some clarification. MKs need to know who they are talking to. And they need to know, should they decide to talk, WHY they are talking. Meaning, what is the expected end result of this gathering of information??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:31 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

I think Brad Brown is the coordinator.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm 

I've spoken to Brad at PII regarding the investigation of what happened to me while I was in PNG. As far as I know it is still ongoing but I haven't had an update recently. I did talk to two IHART investigators as well and then PII took over the investigation. If anyone wants additional information, PM me.

JJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:59 pm 

"Pii took over the investigation ..."

Hmm .... these five words are most intriguing ....

Something is afoot, I suspect ... something coming to light today in this forum.

Luke 8:17
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:05 pm 

From the NTM website:

http://usa.ntm.org/historic-abuse-investigations

Pat Hendrix, the coordinator of the Independent Historical Abuse Review Team, has been engaged by NTM-USA to conduct independent investigations of past child abuse within NTM. She is an experienced child sexual abuse investigator. NTM-USA requests that all members and former members as well as their children cooperate with any investigation being conducted by IHART. If you have information regarding abuse at any of the NTM schools please contact Pat Hendrix at pat.mkguardian@gmail.com or 1-407-304-8476.

Do you see anything here about Pii, or Brad Brown??

Because I sure don't.

For the public view, "Pat Hendrix, the coordinator of the Independent Historical Abuse Review Team, has been engaged by NTM-USA to conduct independent investigations of past child abuse within NTM."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:11 pm 

So which one of us is going to write to NTM, IHART, PII or whoever and demand (or ask nicely if you prefer) for an explanation?

Please don't assume that someone you've heard on the grapevine is good at writing letters is going to, because that is going to be a wrong assumption. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next