MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:19 am 

I am so :x angry and upset at ABWE

Please follow their false reasoning on dropping GRACE
"ABWE board members and executives discovered that G.R.A.C.E.’s investigative process was “fatally flawed” and would not find the truth, nor advance the cause of reconciliation with the victims."

http://www.abwe.org/news/article/abwe-replaces-g.r.a.c.e.-and-hires-new-investigative-firm/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 am 

I am so sorry Shary. What can we do? Anything? It is time for public out cry!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 am 

They probably just discovered that GRACE is too honest
And too good at what they do.
Wait til Pamela hears this!
The link didn't work---I will just copy it in.
Thanks.
For news that is not good........

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 am 

Would be great if GRACE would give a response. ABWE has not just taken a stand for abuse but also against justice. As I read their response it looks like they are trying to get out of it in a legal manner. I don't really know a lot about legal things but that is what it looks like to me. Just like the other mission boards say "Sorry we can't do anything it didn't happen in US". Missions are always using God to advance their scams but they will not take a godly stand against abuse. I guess the only thing left is to sue them, bring them to court. The Catholic church is always getting sued it is time we see a lot of Evangelical churches and missions getting sued in the media.

MKs we can't give up I know this is a set back. Let us encourage each other.

Sorry mosquito bite the link did not work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 am 

I got it to open by asking it to open in another tab

http://www.abwe.org/news/article/abwe-replaces-g.r.a.c.e.-and-hires-new-investigative-firm/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:35 am 

We are here to support you....and yes it does look like it may be time for an attorney.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:06 pm 

My hands are shaking as I write this. I still have another 4 days of isolation and I want to scream from the rooftop. ABWE UNCLEAN UNCLEAN! We were interviewed by GRACE and it was very very professional. Not once did they try to put words in our mouth or make it look like we said something we didn't. In fact we asked them not to print a few statements we made and they cooperated. We were sent a copy of our interview and had to approve it before they would use it. I don't trust ABWE's explanation at all, not at all. You watch, Bob Jones will do the same. These organisations are out to "get" GRACE I reckon. Who would ever trust ABWE to make the right decisions? Who I ask? This self preservation has got to stop. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 pm 

To continue, what flimsy excuses ABWE gives. As though these "witnesses" don't read blogs and talk among each other outside of their interview gathering. ABWE is acting as though these witnesses were the Grand Jury. I do believe most people in the local churches would support ABWE over those sexually abused. The mission organisation is there to hold missionaries accountable is so accepted by the churches that they are seen as "the only truth." This is a dark day for the girls from the bangladeshmksspeak blog. My heart is so heavy for them and for another woman I am working with. Her abuse was dealt with by Showers Simms LLP and she is still in limbo. How happy those who were against these girls must be. God will get the victory, I do know, but this is so unacceptable. I have said enough. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm 

I was able to read it, Shary.
We heard from some NTM-ers that NTM told them that GRACE did alot of things wrong.
That is what NTM must have told their staff and students.
This was way back when. After the report came out.
Probably as to why they were not having GRACE do other investigations.
We believe in GRACE---hope they make a response.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:30 pm 

My heart is hurting for the ABWE MKs. And for GRACE.

At this time I am not sure what else to say about this shocking development.

Part of this news that is very surprising is that ABWE has now hired PII (Professional Investigators International) to do their investigation.

http://www.teampii.com/

This is the very same group that Pat Hendrix hired to investigate Panama. In fact, you can read about the Panama-NTM investigation on PII's website:

http://www.teampii.com/cases/

Bob Davis, the head of PII, is also a part of the team investigating Vianopolis.

Ah, what a cozy little circle.

Why does this make me feel very uncomfortable??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next