[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Summary of Abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summary of Abuse
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 am 

Quoting Amazon Man: "...I think they [NTM] are acting now like never before to get to the bottom of this..."

The truth of this statement is saved by the qualifying words "like never before."

Since NTM never did anything at all to get to the bottom of this, but only covered up, lied and shredded, they could be doing next to nothing and still be "acting [good word choice, by the way!] now like never before to get to the bottom of this..."

Care to tell us what they're doing?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 am 

Quoting Amazon Man: "I think your site reads more like a bunch of vigilantes hell bent on a crusade against anything that even remotely looks like a potential 'target' than anyone doing an honest/true investigation."

OK, I must have missed where this site it dedicated to doing investigations. How did I miss that!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:43 am 

Quoting Amazon Man: "Climate at Fanda Missionary School: At boarding school the abuse happened because, the dorm parents/teachers held all of the power, you had no recourse to stop them and you were in the middle of nowhere and couldn’t even probably escape if you tried – you’d get lost in the jungle and/or eaten by a tiger.

"Climate at Fanda Eagle Forum: Fanda Eagle forum operators are in a similar position to the staff/dorm parents when you were in missionary school and the abuse was going on…..just, now you hold the keys/power with your keyboard, mouse and internet forum. You are abusing your apparent power. Problem is if you are wrong, you are going to hurt yourselves with either libel lawsuits or worse yet, bearing false witness against innocent people because you were so hasty to judge and label people that you didn’t take time to investigate things."

I didn't know that the Fanda Eagles operators could force anyone to read this forum. My guess would have been that some of the more outlandish posts were made out of frustration that no one seems to be reading it; maybe shouting louder will help one be heard. Not much power there, in my estimation; if there is, please respond or else! Oh, no... wait. The site operators (of which I am not one) can ban you from posting, but probably wouldn't. But, they cannot MAKE anyone do anything. That is at least marginally, if not substantially, contrastive to the power staff/ dorm parents exercised over MKs at Fanda.

With little to no credibility on this site, as per Amazon Man's earlier observations, no one is likely to be done much damage in any way at all by anything that is posted here. In fact, no one will be molested, beaten, sodomized, raped or otherwise abused by anyone here. This makes the whole site very powerless.

For those who haven't noticed, NTM holds all the cards. And, they play a pretty good game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:12 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 am 

Hi Gene, Thanks for your kind comments. But this site stands alone...... Every organization is responsible for HOW they act. This forum is responsible for its actions and can't hide behind the "well, we we're just throwing names on a list fast becasue NTM didn't do their job right". No amount of lack of action on NTMs part justifies throwing names on a list without proper investigation.

This forum seems to operate on the principle that the end justifies the means. That's a road to trouble.

1) You are right; we are all here and I am typing this because of NTM, but that's not an excuse to hide behind for inadequate research.
If the documentation is there (i.e. they were dismissed and there is a report, as in the case of Hine or Fisher or if there has been another report done by such as GRACE, as is in the case of Brooks, then that's one thing.

2) Your note about NTM clearing anybody's name is laughable because this forum HATES NTM.... NTM has no say in waht these people on the forum write/do. NTM did not put my dad on any public list, because they will investigate things first. That's the point....they like the feeling of being in control and I don't blame them ....because of the abuse they feel this way....it's like getting ahold of NTM's neck and getting a chance to wring it.....

3)The only reason I need to "clear" my dad's name is because the Fanda Forum here listed him. So, the only ones that have smeared my Dad's name so far in my book are the forum owners/operators; Raz, Kari, etc. I don't know all of them, but Raz posted it.

So......Raz/Kari, etc...

Listen to your site members. If this site is going to be a respected site that deals with FACTS, you MUST remove names that have not been investigated.
I hardly think a PM from someone or an email is an investigation. Even a phone call is not enough.

Where is the procedure you follow at Fanda Eagles Forum for investigating?

Read my letter - I address that......

"The misconception that the Fanda Eagles Forum seems to operate under is that taking your time to evaluate and investigate properly is somehow not good for your victims or that justice won’t be served. That’s a faulty premise. Take your time, do it right, and then you will won’t be guilty of falsely accusing people."

and here....
Example of how your site COULD read: “After going through our 7 point (or whatever...point is there is NO procedure) Fanda Eagles complaint evaluation process, we have added another name to the list”.

Example of how your site ACTUALLY reads: “Well, got another email from an anonymous person and another name-- two names are on the list….two more down and many more to go”. This is followed usually by angry, impulsive bitter comments from other group members chiming in with a sort of “victory forum chant”.

NOTE: I specifically asked that my dad's name be removed until a real investigation was done and my request was denied.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:24 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 am 
Site Admin

I agree that the list is not serving to bring things into the light. Names added anonymously only add to the confusion. Posting a name on a list is different than telling a story of abuse.

This has been Bonnie and my position all along. However, we really aren't involved with the forums and since they belong to all of you we have chosen thus far not to censor them and let them progress organically. The forums and the people speaking on them are not an 'organization'. The forums are a meeting place of individuals.

Perhaps if the list didn't exist, people would be compelled to share their story. The fandaeagles webite would never have made any impact if it only listed names. Many brave Fanda MKs gave their stories. Any investigator will ask for your story, not simply a name. Story is vital.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:07 pm 

Mitt, that wasn't a new triber posting that. I only know because the person PM'd me, so you are way off on that one. Tambo MK is someone that is heavily on the side of the Fanda Forum folks, but has the patience for justice to keep a calm head throughout this situation.

Whoever moderates this forum is enabling/allowing the things said to exist.
Kari, you can't absolve yourselves of leadership duties on this site, while complaining that NTM leadership didn't do anything about the Fanda abuse..........you can't have it both ways; you are inleadership here and you can moderate the forum.
Whoever owns/moderates/maintains this website forum is responsible for its content, regardless of what you may think. Don't agree? Go read up on what our courts have had to say on this issue.

Here is some good info on the topic:

Forum owner liability (extends to forum moderators and those with authority to censor / modify / delete posts)
The owner of a forum/website is considered the “publisher and speaker” of all content posted on the site. This individual can be sued for libel even if the individual did not create the libelous content, and did not remove the libelous content from the site.

Forum owners can remove complete posts as is their right as owners of the forum in question, either to control overall content on the site or to comply with requests to remove libelous material. In addition, a forum owner may edit a poster’s comments. However, editing another’s post is allowed “so long as the edits do not materially change the meaning of the statement.”

Can you sue people you don’t know? What about owners of forums/website who maintain anonymity? Turns out, you don’t need to know their names in order to sue.

“Libel lawsuits have been leveled against individuals, both known and anonymous; against the bloggers who let others post comments on their blogs.”

To serve a lawsuit, plaintiffs use the SLAPP, or “”strategic lawsuit against public participation.” The lawsuit is filed against a “John Doe” and John Doe’s identity is pursued by subpoenaing the Internet Service Provider. This always doesn’t work, although sometimes the identity of the anonymous libeler can be made public. Another option available to a judge is to force the shutdown of the website or forum.

Forums versus webpages and blogs:
“Forums” are in somewhat a more precarious situation regarding legal action.

“When a message is placed on a bulletin board on the Internet, each location that accesses the message becomes a potential forum. As long as the jurisdictional requirements for the forum are met, the plaintiff can file suit.”

This potentially allows the forum owner to be sued in the countries “where the libelous material was distributed.” The forum owner may be exposed to lawsuits based on the regulations for each country where the content is available.
What if forum content is pre-screened and not read by the content providers?
Forum operators may claim that they were unaware of the content presented in their forums. Precedent exists for forum operators to be liable even if they have no knowledge of the content, as the operator is responsible for propagating the content.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next