[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Investigation

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Investigation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Kari, for starting this forum.

As the Panama investigation slowly moves along, some of the Panama mks have expressed the same concerns that others have. Will it do any good? Maybe I should just forget about it because nothing will come of it? Are we giving NTM information? The questions go on.

I am encouraged though. Regardless of the outcome, the investigation has brought together a group of people who were otherwise isolated. Old friendships have been rekindled and new adult ones have formed. I see strength of character in these adults. The put down, bullied and abused children have discovered that they are not alone. We are strong individually and stronger together.

Post subject: Re: Investigation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:11 pm 

Thanks for your post, threewillows. We have heard very little about Panama on this website. I am not aware of what type of abuse occurred in Panama, except for what was added to the Summary of Abuse thread. I am so sorry that MKs were hurt in Panama. I am glad to hear that you are encouraged, at this point!

I agree. Regardless of the outcome, good things HAVE come out of this website, and these forums.

I too am very grateful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 pm 

The Panama investigators are very good. I have been interviewed and felt at ease with them. The abuse in Panama was terrible, not only to MKs but to the missionaries themselves. Of all the years in NTM, the Panama experience is very close to the top as "the worst year " I ever had in NTM. ABUSIVE and there is no other word to call it. The team is very encouraging and ready to help. Any stories you have, they want to hear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:18 pm 

I also was encouraged by talking to the team. I thought they were professional and yet caring and very sympathetic.

I also got a call just the other day to let me know that they would be filing my statements with the police in Sanford but that nothing would probably be done with them there( just a formality they have to follow).

I asked if we would have access to their report when it was finished and was told it would be sent to NTM and it would be up to them. I said,"so probably not" and the reply was "that is the sense I am getting, but you can contact them and ask to see it".

It's our lives. I feel we have a right to see it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 pm 

Panama MK, did you see the thread under Miscellaneous titled Clear Expectations?

If we do not state explicitly to NTM ahead of time what we expect, and what we will NOT be satisfied with, some may tell us in the future that we have no right to complain.

Please speak up clearly now! I know of at least one NTMer who has read that particular thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

I recently had my interview. Exhausting. After telling stories here and there I was unprepared for the emotional drain of the whole thing coming out like a timeline. Too much. Feeling overwhelmed with regret. Must move forward and not waste any more time. I think it's like emotional surgery...now to continue healing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:28 pm 

Threewillows several others have stated the same thing and they were all glad that it was over but were also very glad they had done it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 pm 

I am so sorry missionary kids have to go through this. It is time NTM gave up, admitted and did something positive to help all these victims. Why do they keep this up? They already know what happened. They already know dozens and dozens of children were abused. They know this for a fact. Why do they need more details, they have all they need. This is so heart rendering and wrong of NTM. NTM has broken the law, they protected pedophiles. Collusion, cover up and complicity is equal to NTM. How they call themselves "Christian" is beyond me. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:42 pm 

Thank you, Bemused.

Very clear.

Yes, crimes have been committed. Crimes that violated the laws of the countries in which these crimes were committed, as well as the countries to which the perpetrators and all the victims belonged.

No more dodging. No more stalling.

Thanks for laying it all out so clearly, Bemused.

WE ARE NOT BACKING DOWN.

We demand justice. We demand truth. We demand accountability.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next