[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Summary of Abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summary of Abuse
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:47 am 

I appreciate the suggestions, and have myself wondered if there was a better way to handle this list.

For me personally I kind of like the way it has evolved. One can start with the first post of this thread, and watch how the list has grown. I thought about grouping the list by countries, but then realized that would alter the order in which names have been added: almost always added at the bottom.

As far as numbers of victims, I think that will be IHART's job to determine. We all know that in child abuse cases, if there has been one victim, there have likely been more. And if several victims report, there are probably a dozen others or more who are still hiding in the shadows of secrecy and fear.

The list has become unwieldy, but that in itself shows something significant. Child abuse within NTM has in the past been shockingly extensive. And the world needs to knows about this.

If our website is under attack, I find it significant that this possible sabotage has begun since the addition of the Bolivia names at the bottom of the list.

The names may not mean a lot to some of you younger readers, or to non-Americans. For an MK/missionary like myself for whom NTM was like a family, from 1952-2001, the addition of some of these names has shaken me to my deepest core.

The Scripture we revere has much to say about how God feels about sin, and about hiding it. Jesus loves the little children, and He told us his opinion of those who hurt His little ones. We also know His thoughts on Pharisees and hypocrites.

The closet doors have been cracked open. The stench is being detected. The putrid skeletons are going to be exposed.

The time has come for truth and justice.

God save us. Please.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm 

Old Mother Hubbuard went to the cupboard
To get her poor doggey a bone
But in her confusion she got the wrong cupboard
And what she saw made her moan

She got the cupboard labeled Tribers
And there were skeletons galore
Just when she thought she'd seen the last one
There just seemed to be a few more

Then there was the dirty laundry
That she tried to wash as white as snow
But no matter how much Sulpuric Acid she used
Some of them spots just would not go

In the end she needed a break
So she took her poor doggey for a long walk
And found a friend on line
With whom to unload and talk ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 pm 

:D well done, Bemused

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:35 am 

I'm not going to beat around the bush. This Summary of Abuse is just one big disgusting disgrace. There are over 20 people named for sexual offending alone! And we know it is true, because the likes of Les Emory had the audacity to admit on public media what he did. Then we had the GRACE report, which proved beyond shadow of a doubt what was really going on.

Not only is this a disgusting disgrace, but how many of these perverts are where they should be, in jail. NONE. Why, because they have been protected, shielded, covered up and hidden.

We are deluding ourselves if we think New Tribes Mission is acting as a christian organisaton, it is simply acting as a magnet for paedophiles by compounding the atrocities of the past. What sheer arrogance to go into other peoples countries as guests, use their land for sprawling bases of opulence, tell them that their god/s are evil and replace long held beliefs with something that turns out to be bady disgraced by a bunch of paedophiles who rape, molest and beat their own kids and their hosts as well.

And what do we get for our trouble of speaking out against this. IHART! No GRACE anymore, but IHART, paid for by who? So how independent is that going to be? And will it achieve any convictions? Come on, pull the other leg.

Do the honorable thing New Tribes Mission and close down. The poo you are in is to big to clean up. Sell all the assets, give each missionary and their family enough money for a one way ticket home and let them find real jobs like the rest of the world has to do. The rest of the money, pay all the back rent on the lands that have been occupied for decades in the countries you were guests in. And if there is any left over, return it to the donors with an honest explanation why. I don't want to touch your filty money as some sort of compensation for the mess you have made in my life, I'll pull myself out of the mess by my own bootstraps thank you and you can have it on what conscience you have left.

You have let these disgraceful paedophiles rape our bodies, attempt to murder our minds and then somehow through some twisted theology attempted to cover it up. Acting with impunity, thumbing your nose at the laws of the land, you have slashed and burned your way across county after county, it is time to STOP! Full Stop.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:28 pm 

Aussie,

I have been saying the same thing since I discovered this forum. NTM needs to close down and redistribute all assets to the victims and if that doesn't happen they should at least have the decency to return them from whence they came. Not that I have much sympathy for most churches who support NTM but then I have to admit maybe, just maybe, there are a few churches that don't have a clue what is going on with NTM. If there are churches that are ignorant of these horrific facts then I pray God somehow reveals these atrocities NTM's has been committing over the years to these churches. Maybe we need a campaign to write to any church we know about that supports NTM and reveal what is actually going on with NTM. I will start first as I know of a few in America but none here in Australia. There is no hope for NTM, they have proved that over and over. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:03 pm 

To me I wouldn't say the sins of dozens need to end the work of thousands.

I would think a better course of action would be in acknowledging the sin, removing the leadership that allowed it/covered it up/ignored it, and reporting the abusers to the authorities.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:27 pm 

From my previous experience anyone who has been ensconced in NTM for a number of years seems to be entirely out of touch with the real world. NTM Leadership even more so as they have they impression they are untouchable and above the law. They can't argue the fact because it is obvious by their inaction that they NEVER had any intention of involving Law enforcement in cases as would any other non religious organization should the horrific cases that have been presented to them. Folks, they really have believed they are above the law all these years. If that is what NTM think of our Law Enforcement agencies we have to wonder what else they are hiding besides the terrible number of abuse cases currently being bought forward.

If NTM has been prepared to think themselves ABOVE THE LAW for 40+ years and HIDE CHILD ABUSERS what does it say about their ARROGANCE and APATHY for the many individuals who sacrificed there LIVES, TIME and MONEY in support of the organization??

THAT REALLY IS A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR SO MANY GOOD PEOPLE.

JUSTIFYING IT IN GODS NAME IS NOTHING TO HIDE BEHIND EITHER BECAUSE IF OLD TESTAMENT LAW WAS STILL FOLLOWED WE KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO THE ABUSERS AND THOSE WHO HID THEM.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:28 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:38 pm 

The question of what should happen to NTM, is complicated by human factors and experience. If one had a happy childhood as an MK, then the balance of probability is that ones opinion is that life for NTM should continue, with or without some modifications. If however one witnessed or experienced abuse and the failure of a system that should have offered protection from such and even compounded the failure, then one is more likely to want the end of NTM.

What worries me is the increasing length of the "Summary of Abuse" list, knowing full well that from my very limited experience that there are three names missing on that list from my period as an MK in PNG alone. So to extrapilate the obvious, if I spent 6 years in PNG and there are three sexual abusers who are missing off that list who I know, how many do I not know from PNG alone and then mulitply it by all the other fields that NTM operated in. Suddenly the potential is enormous and we are dealing with dozens and dozens of offenders.

Like my fellow MKs, I want to get to the bottom of how far and deep this mess went, and the best way is if we all tell the truth and then we can have a nice cup of tea and be happy. Except that is not going to happen. While MKs have a good motivation to tell their experiences, offenders do not. So it is up to us to put together the pieces of the jigsaw that will make the total picture clear. NTM has a responsibility to assist in this, not just the leadership, but our parents and any other Triber or ex triber from the eras that we are dealing with. My parents could easily clarify matters by being honest and open, but they refuse, which now casts the dark shadow of suspicion on them. Which means that my father called two paedophiles his close friends, lived next to a convicted paedophile and was in daily contact with Jim Given and Jim Finnamore, yet he claims he didn't know what was going on. He is clearly lying, because he was told by myself about Jim Given and as for Jim Finnamore, he let me do correspondence for two years as one of the reasons to get away from his abuse. So if my own father, the epitomy of piousness, is a confirmed liar, how many others are and are they ever going to change?

Back to the question in hand, should NTM close down? I am on a sliding scale of opinion on this one. But with each name that appears on the "Summary of Abuse" list and each day that goes by without some decisive action that proves there is no more abuse going on and there will be a massive attempt to attain justice and reconciliation, I edge closer to the point where I reach the point of no return and say "NTM must close down"!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm 

That is a well-worded summary of the situation, Bemused.

I too believe an accurate list of child abusers in NTM would be much, much longer than what we presently have. God is keeping the only accurate list. On this earth, in this lifetime, it will never be complete.

I have concluded that even if a million people signed a document urging NTM to voluntarily close down, it would not do so.

Instead, I think there will be atrophy and disintegration, a slow and painful struggle to survive, while the irreversible damage becomes more and more obvious.

The family refuses to give up hope. Refuses to sign the Do Not Resuscitate order. Which only prolongs the inevitable.

Everyone suffers. You've seen this scenario play out before, Bemused, and so have I.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next