[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Heroes Needed

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heroes Needed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:25 am 

I think blond is well on her way! She has come forward, put a name to her victimizer and is seeking healing - along with justice. God has a heart for those who have been victims of injustices. Blond, you have a lot of support. I hope you know that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:49 am 

Perhaps we are in some small way all heros. For it takes some courage to walk away from a group mentality that controls so many minds. Many of us left behind friends and loved ones at some personal cost.
But it takes more courage to take a break from it all, settle back into "normal" life and then come back and face the issues, for that is a choice one makes and it is much easier to let things be or let someone else sort it out.
And thereby the ultimate hero is those who not only work through their own issues, but help others with their own journey. Those who give of their time to pursue justice and fairness, to make this one small corner of the world a better place. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:48 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:19 pm 

My latest heroes are: mosquito bite and bemused. Your are two people who made me feel so supported so like "i'll have your back", understand? I thank God everyday for you guys, and pray that He makes your life all right and full of blessings. Something that always makes me think is that the least person you expect, will help you. Thank you guys so much! In spite of the distances among us, and the fact that we met here in the net, you made me feel very secure.

I hope some day, some time I will be able to return all the love and care you are providing for me.

And my ALL TIME HERO: JESUS

I heard a pastor say this one time: IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS RIGHT OR WRONG, IMAGINE IF YOU HAD JESUS BESIDE YOU, WHAT WOULD HE DO IN THAT SITUATION? WOULD HE SUPPORT YOU IN WHAT YOU ARE DOING? WOULD HE GO ALONG WITH IT? Anything that doesn't REFLECT Jesus' personality IS NOT RIGHT, IS NOT HOLY

So, every time I need that sort of advice, I remember that statement. He suffered the abuse of abuses, He had a life He didn't deserve, and still, took on all of us and our sins on the cross, so we would have salvation. Now that is a Hero!

And also, as Bemused said, we all are in some small way HEROES. Imagine if some day all of us who post here, sort of strange family, could be all together in a some social network, a blog, or even better a reunion!!!! Wouldn't it be awesome?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 pm 

A reunion? Now there is a thought. In my case it wouldn't be so much of a reunion as a meeting for the first time. I actually have only ever met 2 people on this site, one over 30 years ago (the rest are lucky and have been spared the experience :lol: ). But strangely it does feel like a family and I'm quite intrigued to meet the personas behind the words I read and exchange.
Think we would have to bring our respective other halves. They'd no doubt have more in common than they think, namely having to put up with the strange world of living with an MK.
Hawai is about halfway, any other ideas? L.A. and San Francisco are fine, as Mrs Bemused would like to visit friends in San Francisco (she worked there for about 8 years).

Thank you for your kind words, they are most appreciated. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:08 am 

blond: :oops:

befused: Hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:33 am 

Hawii sounds like a great idea! Would be a priceless and valuable experience. Give it a few more weeks, months and we'll be needing extensive accomodation where ever it is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:39 am 

Priceless?
No, it will cost BIG BUCKS!
Maybe the magpie squadron could pull your Sky Chariot. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:48 pm 

Does anyone know what happened to Tow Mater? I love all the new interaction. (New to some of us who ahve been visiting this blog for more than 2 years...) Tow Mater and a few others have been a hero to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:13 pm 

He is a grand hero I still call OT.
He went to Brazil (on business?) and was never heard of again. :cry:
But he HAS re-surfaced several times.
Here's hoping.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next