[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Summary of Abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summary of Abuse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:49 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 am 

I do like the way that we seem to have slightly different points of view, but that we work as a team and respect each others views. It is a refreshing change from what many of us grew up with no doubt.
Numonohi (the Papau New Guinea Boarding school) seems to have had much in common with Tambo, it to came to be the dumping ground for the left over missionaries. My fathers only job prior to joining NTM was as a travel agent, not exactly a lot of use in the situation he found himself in. One would have to admire him for trying all the jobs he was given, it was quite an impressive list. Dorm parent for the severly screwed up MKs that no one else wanted (totally wrong person), base mechanic (previous experience he rode a bike!), the mission book keeper (now this one he was good at, but he annoyed the field committee by speaking his version of the truth and as his office was next to the field chairmans . . . ),tribal worker (he didn't pass langauge school for a reason, but by this stage the field committee just wanted to get rid of him) and finally supply officer about as far away from the field committe as he could be sent (which he was good at, but he screwed this up when he spoke out about the thieves who were also in the supply department and they vowed to make life hell for him and they did, so that was the end of him in NTM).
And that is just one case of inappropriate people ending up in inappropriate jobs, there were many others.

As for naming paedophiles, let us proceed with caution, but let us proceed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 am 

One day at Aritao, when my own children were still very young, I looked out the window. There was a group of boys having PE (Physical Education) on the airstrip. I was shocked to see a school staff member (a man) reach out and slap a boy full across the face. I told my husband about it, and both of us still remember the incident. But I didn't report it. My husband didn't report it.

Years later, when our own daughter was in junior high at an intramission school in Manila, she came home and told us that her PE teacher (a woman) got upset at her, put both hands around her neck and choked her. My husband and I both remember that day too. But we didn't report it.

Today, I hope I would have a drastically different response to seeing or hearing about a child being mistreated by an adult. Many of us can look back over our pasts with regrets about times when we didn't interfere. Situations where we did not come to the defense of the helpless.

No more. No more.

Shine the light of truth! Hold people accountable! Don't be afraid to expose their guilt!

And don't be afraid to confess and repent of your own failures, your own collusion or complicity!

The truth will set us free!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:47 am 

Some abusers are commonly known.
But the details are only known to the leadership.
And many of them were abusers, too.
Or at least colluders and lidders.
If the victims do not come forth----there will be no details.
The leaders would have to be questioned by someone in authority.
Real authority.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm 

Bemused,

Seriously, I am quit impressed! You give us wit and humor and yet it is a very wise comment about accepting differing points of opinion and yet working together for the good of all. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm 

[quote="Aghast"]I know of a case where the MK was molested by the Dad. 20 years after the fact, a few years ago, he was dismissed from NTM and did go to jail, but it wasn't for long, not nearly long enough! I think NTM did what they could on that case, 20 years later (much too late, but better than never). This family was not from the USA.

quote]

Alas, to our shame, this was in fact a missionary from Downunder and it was covered up brilliantly. I only found the truth out recently, having been told that disappearing from the field was "a mental health issue".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:54 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:21 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 am 

And the list it grows ever longer
To each name we offer right of reply
For we are open and fair minded
But do not ever dare lie

Tell us the truth for once
Answer the big question why
Clean up your stained conscience
Before alas you die

Did you do it for your own pleasure
Were you convinced no one would see
Did you see MKs as easy targets
Who couldn't escape or flee

Do you blame your god for temptation
Or in God did you not really trust
Was it all one mighty big con
So you could fulfil your evil lust

Were you depressed, deluded, diseased
In reflection what is your excuse
Or were you just plain evil
And on us alas badly let loose

Plead with us to forgive you
Like we begged to be left alone
Let us see genuine remorse
Not sorry I'm exposed type of tone

Tell us how you plan
To make to your victims ammends
And never assume by all you'll be forgiven
Or called one of our friends

But most importantly tell us honestly
As you age and come to the time to die
The answer to our biggest question
Three letters, spelt simply WHY?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 am 

Wow, Bemused. Very profound and moving. No humor there.

I cannot recall a single person on this list ever posting in their own defense. No explanations or apologies either. And rarely has anyone else tried to defend one of them.

Oh, the great darkness!!

(On a related note, I hear the incoming freshman class at NTM's Waukesha Bible School campus has only 27 students. Apparently someone besides us regular posters truly is reading what we write.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next