MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Name that Pedophile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 pm 

@ sunshine: I was thinking much along the same lines because Sonia had helped my younger brother discover a learning disability. I was outraged to learn about Steve's actions. Made me wonder what, if anything, she knew or turned a blind eye towards. This raises an interesting question given the NTM culture of immediate and unquestioning submission to "God-ordained" authority and the use of controlling fear in their "acolytes". What did the wives of the offenders know about the offenders' actions? Did they turn a blind eye towards these atrocities? This is an issue that is particularly relevant and extremely fraught with the possibility of impugning one's character without foundation for doing so. However, it is a question that needs to be asked. Thoughts? Comments?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:30 pm 

To Publius
Ananias and Sapphira? God held her responsible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:31 pm 

How many times have you suspected something, or thot you saw something out of the corner of your eye, but decided you must have been mistaken? How much more difficult could that be if you´re married to someone who seems to do things a bit off? How about if you´re someone who´s been brought up to be nonconfrontational, as well as having a nonconfrontational personality - although Sonia´s personality I don´t believe is that way. Also, she had to confront and fight for the discovery program at Via, with a lot of people saying it was a bunch of hokus back then. How willing would you be to call the shots on your own dad - or brother - could you do it? How much am I responsible for not paying attention to signs back then, if I had laid down and through a hissy fit in the middle of the refei, is there a possibility that something would have happened? If I had trusted Jim and Glow Young and told them about suspicions, they most likely would have lent strength to effect change. How much am I part of the problem, right now - in any situation where I think there might be abuse? And yet, how paranoid can I get? I don´t know

I´ve gotta go, but I should be back in a few hours.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:32 pm 

laid down and thrown - A jean would be embarrassed - I used to be so good in english

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:39 pm 

@ Grieving: If memory serves me correctly Sapphira was judged because of her own lie to Peter when he asked her the same question he asked her husband. I may be splitting hairs here, but Peter (and the Holy Spirit) gave her a chance to 'fess up when confronted. The judgment happened when she did not.

@ Sunshine: A Jeanne would likely give you a dispensation of grace for your English usage . . . this time! : ) Yet you raise very valid points regarding people's personalities and the interplay with the NTM's culture of fear, not to mention cult of family, made it extremely difficult, if not downright rare, for godly confrontation to occur.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 pm 

Publius, you're preaching :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:54 pm 

I thought I was drawing a valid distinction . . . . Did it come across as preaching? Not my intent . . . .

Oh well, trying to be temperate with my own temper, rage, indignation, and wrathful feelings in the midst of it all . . . .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:03 pm 

@Staffkid: I think I attempted to draw the distinction in likening Sapphira's situation to Sonia's situation. To the best of my knowledge, unlike Sapphira who was not only complicit with the lie, but when given a chance to correct the lie by Peter, refused to do so and so was judged, Sonia may or may not be complicit in the lie or cover-up regarding Steve's actions, but hasn't refused (again, to the best of my knowledge) to correct that when asked point-blank if she knew (as was the case when Peter directly confronted Sapphira).

I'm just attempting to be careful, accurate, and precise in this forum, while respecting the rights of us all to process pent-up feelings just now seeing the light of day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 pm 

Conflicted and Survivor, thank you for having the courage to disclose what has happened to you. You are on the right track to healing. Your disclosures are pivotal in that it may give courage to some Via MKs to share abuses they suffered from others that may not have been quite as known by some.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:19 pm 

When I was in 6th grade, I believe, the Armour family was on furlough. That same year he sexually abused 3 of my cousins. Also that year, he sent me a letter asking for forgiveness for his actions. He said he had confessed to Sonia about the abuse. Let me add though that again, he was found out. One of my cousins told her parents immediately and they confronted Steve about it. I am not sure if Sonia ever knew on her own or not. All I know is that she desperately wanted to make things "all right" by trying to have me "act all right." She told me I should trust Steve and that what he did was a "moment of weakness." That was a long moment of weakness over the span of 8 years, at least. I should also add that after he was done abusing me (I was beyond the age of his preferred target) he still said things and looked at me in ways that were not appropriate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next