MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Well that was certainly quick. June was quite likely the recipient of the emails that came to the Baptist org through the "Contact us" form.

The Bible search on that page gives suggestions on what to search for, ie "Jesus wept" and "sin." I couldn't help but think that is what Jesus was doing as he lived in that boy while the grievous sin was being committed against him.

Don't these abusers realize those little children will one day grow up and have a voice?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 pm 

Well, Baptist Area Office, what are you doing about this? Mr. Ross, are you going to do anything? Mr. Bown, how about you? Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 pm 

Fox, I am so very sorry this happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:51 pm 

Fox, I am devastated for what you went through! How heartbreaking! I am so sorry for what you endured at the hands of June Newman! Thank you for sharing your here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:47 am 

Come on Mr. Ross, don’t you have anything to say? What’s so hard about my questions? Mr. Brown, be a man, better yet, be a godly man and tell us you are going to do the godly thing. Baptist Area Office, you clearly are aware of this information. Tell us what you are doing and how it is Christ centered. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

I contacted Christa Brown who is a strong and courageous woman who owns the website http://stopbaptistpredators.blogspot.com/ to get her take on this, since she has experience with dealing with the Baptist church in regards to abuse of children. She has allowed me to share her response:

The First Baptist Church of Chetopa, Kansas, with Clarence Newman as pastor, is shown as a church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
http://www.sbc.net/churchsearch/church.asp?ID=7170%2D67336

The "Baptist Area Office" appears to be a regional Baptist association, and though its website doesn't expressly say so, it appears to be affiliated with the Kansas-Nebraska Convention of Southern Baptist Churches. The site shows that its Director of Missions is currently a man named Marty McCord. (The "Director of Missions" in a Southern Baptist regional association is typically the guy who helps ministers find jobs in the area and handles clergy resumes, etc. I'm never quite sure why they call the position a "Director of Missions," because it never looks to me as though it has all that much to do with "missions," but he would probably be one appropriate person to try to talk to.)

As you probably know, throughout the country, at regional, state and national levels, Southern Baptist officials have shown zero interest (and that's stating it kindly) to the possibility of receiving information/complaints/reports about abuse committed by ministers and others who work in Southern Baptist affiliated churches. If "Fox" decides to pursue it in some manner, I would suggest he focus more on the fact that she's teaching Vacation Bible School and Sunday School and is around kids more so than the fact of her administrative job in a Baptist office. And that he document every communication. Boz may possibly have suggestions . . . he has contacts within the Southern Baptist Convention. Did anyone print out the page that shows her as an Administrative Assistant there? I've seen this sort of fast website deletion/revision quite often among Southern Baptists.

Another possibility (and probably a better possibility) would be for "Fox" to talk to the New Tribes people and see if they will take on the responsibility and burden of trying to talk with Southern Baptist officials and inform them of what has been reported to have happened when this person worked for them. (Perhaps by certified letter and with a copy to "Fox") In my view, they should. But of course, even if NT were to inform SBC officials, that doesn't mean SBC officials would actually do anything. I expect the only way anything would actually happen would be if NT officials were aware of others who made similar complaints against this person and if New Tribes were to publicize the information.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:48 pm 

Kari,

This is what they deleted from their website:

June Newman - Administrative Assistant
June has been at the Baptist Area Office for five years. She lives in Chetopa, Ks., with her husband, Clarence, who is pastor of First Baptist Church. She teaches piano and enjoys scrapbooking and handwork. She teaches Sunday School, VBS, and leads a Ladies Bible Study in the fall. She and Clarence have two adult children, Stephanie and T.J., and two adorable granddaughters, Baylee and Lindsey. Her life verse is, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:25 am 

They removed June's information from: http://www.baptistareaoffice.org/staff.php but its still available in Google's cache here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QjpJTFD8f2UJ:www.baptistareaoffice.org/staff.php+June+Newman+administrative&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

And here: http://bit.ly/9HzDzq

I suppose someone must have let their church know about this forum since they pulled her profile information and her name off all their pages within 2 days. I wonder if they will investigate her. I wonder if NTM will care since June isn't a member now? The Newman's left PNG on their own, they were never asked to leave. Their daughter Stephanie tried to commit suicide and so they decided it was best to move back to Kansas. Stephanie and I were in the same class.

Fox, has anyone from NTM responded to you? What else can you tell us?

Rain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:03 am 

I was wondering, please Fox, if you would send your story to Pat Hendrix who is currently the coordinator for the historic abuse issues from all NTM schools. Pat's e-mail is pat.mkguardian@gmail.com. Pat has already received reports of abuse issues from PNG and would be willing to hear yours too if you are able to share it with her. Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm 

If you look up the websites above...she is still secretary and is still listed as their receiving person for information for children's and teens' camp etc OH and she works for the homeless!!! My, My

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next