[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Going to PNG. Connected to Crossview. THANK YOU

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm 

Hi. This is my first post on this forum. I can't go into ALL the details tonight but basically, last year I worked for NTM UK at North Cotes college, I just did some maintenance for them for 4 months. I attend a University Bible college and we had the whole summer off. Figured it was a good use of my time off. Discovered some VERY strange things and the plot only thickened.

Coming from a culture (Ireland) where directness, curiosity and asking 'uncouth' questions are commonplace, I quickly found myself at odds with many of the staff and students. I got a bit suspicious of this 'NTM', a mission organization I had never heard too much about, despite being a Christian of 18 years at that stage and attending plenty of mission conferences. There were some pretty big warning signals that went off, private areas being recorded, extreme paranoia among NTM staff and most concerning of all, total brainwash behaviour.

I am now working with a different org. and it is a totally different ball game, however, I was invited to take a course with 'Crossview' Australia. I am aware that they are technically connected to NTM. However I can perhaps shed some light on their format and make-up. Crossview staff had a major major row with NTM international over the CCC material. Crossview wanted to teach it to everyone and their dog, not to recruit into mission (in fact good luck getting into mission with them!!), but so they could equip 'Joe Churchgoer' to relate the gospel in Australia. I have had extensive dialogue with the leadership of Crossview and they are taking steps to distance themselves from NTM international. For example, Crossview do not take orders from NTM-USA in any shape. Granted there are still some connections and some of them strong, nevertheless, I think we will see less and less NTM influence as time goes by.

I post here because God willing, in the next lot of years my wife and I will be headed out to PNG or Papua with our non-NTM and non-Crossview organization. We will be homeschooling using a curriculum I developed from both secular and Christian material. We were never going to board our kids anyway... but after reading a lot of the material on these boards, I can tell you no child of mine will ever go near a mission boarding school.

I want to thank every brave individual who has shared their experiences on this forum and others like it. I praise God for you, for ensuring my questions were answered. Additionally I want to express my deep sorrow and horror over the atrocities that were committed in these boarding schools, and having met one of the individuals implicated at Fanda, I want to reassure you that Christ Jesus was watching. I met an individual who had been broken before God, is truly repentant and took time to tell me of what happened then and warned me of what is still happening. I tell you this so that you may know that at least one of these people feels VERY keenly the weight of their sin, but also is a testimony of the restitution and restoration of God. They are living out their life humbly and in light of their past sin.

I say again, thank you, and I finish with the precious reassuring words of the GRACE report from Fanda.

Christ Himself is watching

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:58 pm 

Now that is very interesting. Not sure if you've caught up with my own dealings with Crossview.

I am a Kiwi, parents were in PNG and I was an MK there. When the magnitude of this scandal broke I wrote to Crossview. It took several attempts to get reply and the reply was a threat of legal proceedings, for asking for information. The e-mail was only signed as the committee, no personal names.

So I am naturally curious who is in charge at Crossview and what are there nationalities?

The account that I got from NTM USA was that Crossview is a partner organisation. However the e-mail I got from Crossview is that they are distancing themselves from NTM and do not take kindly to being associated. All references to their NTM past have been erased on their website (except for one mistake they haven't discovered yet).

Are you aware of the Royal Australian Commission into Institutional Child Abuse that has been convened by the Australian Government? This may explain why Crossview is trying to distance itself from NTM's past, plus also the GRACE report and all the other publicity.

When you say "private areas being recorded" is this CTV setups and what and why are they recording?

Are you able to elaborate when you say "and warned me of what is still happening". This is one of my greatest fears, that abuse is still occurring, as was revealed last year when Scott Kennell was jailed.

Welcome to Fanda Eagles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:03 pm 

Thank you, Oilfixit89, for your post.

It is always good to hear from someone who has been reading quietly here. The number of "hits" on this site keeps climbing but I can't even comprehend who all is reading, all over the world, and what they think about what they read here. It is good to know that the things written here have been helpful to you.

New Tribes Mission is definitely morphing, and changing its structure. But for those of us who have a long history with NTM, we still recognize many of the names of the people involved in these "new" organizations, and we are a bit skeptical of words like "new" and "changed".

It is helpful to hear from people like you who have a different perspective of this fluid, morphing situation. If you have more you can tell us, we would be happy to hear from you again.

Keeping in mind, of course, that there are many other eyes reading things that are posted here. :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm 

That's a pretty amazing insight, thank you for posting this.

I think you had a lucky escape and your kids certainly did. NTM and Crossview are no places for families and the comment about things still going on really puts the hair up on the back of my neck!!!!!!!!!

How much pressure were you put under to join up and do you still have contact with anyone in NTM? So this offender who has mended his ways, has he ever tried to apologise to his victims? And is he now back working with children in NTM?

Know you won't mind these questions, the Irish are such wonderfully direct people.

Bless you and big hugs

Aussie O'sbourne ;) (dressed in Green today :D )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 am 

Thank you for posting.
That lifts the curtain a little bit more.
So glad you saw thru it all.
May your journey be grand and secure and peaceful.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:25 pm 

Hey OilFixit89 any chance of some more enlightenment? If you've been silenced, please let one of us know, you won't be the first to be.

Perhaps you've had second thoughts about posting, no worries, happens to the best of us.

Sure would like to know you are o.k. though ;)