MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:34 pm 

Well, he and his family were some the elite of NTM PNG, yet they never really did much for the people. I was always surprised we were allowed in their house lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:07 am 

Gary Earl probably feels, and has good reason to feel, betrayed by many of his erstwhile friends. As MKR points out, "he and his family were some of the elite of NTM PNG."

Yet, how many people who knew Gary well, lauded him, admired him, emulated him and enjoyed his company in one way or another were also aware of his abuse of a child in his dorm and said nothing? Where are those people today? If they dare to say anything in his defense, they are sure not saying it out loud.

Paul Syson surmises that Gary Earl's status with NTM was only changed because of an outcry among the members, unsatisfied that he was allowed to retire the same as, say, a missionary who actually did missionary work without abusing kids. I hope this is false.

If it is true, it either means that these same members are unable to sway their leaders to be honest and open about NTM's current financial shenanigans or they are in agreement with these actions. It would also mean that they are satisfied that Dream Words is not satisfied with the outcome.

Gary Earl was sacrificed in order to divert attention from NTM's inaction on this whole abuse scandal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:47 am 

Paul Syson wrote:
For so long it seems to have been an NTM foundational premise that "Missions is God's heartbeat," and "THE MINISTRY" and "THE WORK" are the most important things that anyone can do in life. I had the privilege of speaking to all the men at NTM Aviation in McNeal this morning, along with some visitors, and spent 20 minutes pointing out the fallacies of that belief system, as well as some of the collateral damage that can occur when we buy into it.

Paul Syson wrote:

Actually I think it went well.

First of all, this is not the first time that I've "challenged" the status-quo thinking on one topic or another, so that shouldn't have surprised anyone.

But even beyond that, immediately afterward and then throughout the day, different ones spoke to me; "That was refreshing," "I needed to hear someone else say what I have been thinking" and "I've been thinking along those same lines ..." are direct quotes from three individuals whose ages and experience within NTM range from young to retirement age.

So is there hope? Who knows; but from reading threewillows' comments about the Panama Representation Team's interaction in Sanford and from the various things that come my direction, I am seeing more cause for hope than in the past. Even comparing the recent past.

But personally, regardless of the ultimate corporate outcome, I stand accountable for my words and actions. And so I continue to walk this path because it is right.

Let me review here: Three individuals, three whole individuals, representing ages and experiences from newbie to codger have been thinking - thinking - that maybe their job in NTM doesn't really represent the heartbeat of God.

Where else but Planet NTM would anyone at all, ever even think that there might be hope based on that?

For me, I'd like to see some brave New Triber stand up and say that what the Executive Board is doing under the direction of their legal team to protect their assets from legal settlements with victims of horrible abuse is wrong and shameful. Then, I'd like to see a couple of thousand other NTM employees stand up and give a rousing ovation as they walked out the door of an obviously morally bankrupt organization.

But, that's just me...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:22 pm 

I second that
And that's not an exaggeration

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:22 pm 

:D :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:23 pm 

No, it's not funny.
In joke

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 pm 

SavvyWolfson wrote:
The picture of Brad Buser, CHILDREN, and Gary Earl: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 975&type=1

Nothing like coming in (very) late to the conversation....

I would bet my house that Brad Buser is 100% up on everything regarding Gary Earl. His children were younger than me but went to the same dorms. Though I would wager that, it doesn't surprise me that a New Triber wants to continue to support the Earls...

For one, no other victim has come forward. Even though everyone can see that I was not the only one involved in the investigation, nobody knows the story of abuse of anyone else. So it is only *my* word against Gary's.

For another, he and Annie have worked hard to smear my name among those in their inner circles. I have received a couple of "hate letters" from their tribe in California, including a fake cease & desist letter (Scott Ross himself says it did not come from NTM, and the lawyer on the letterhead says his name was falsely used).

What does surprise and sicken me, however, is the number of Numonohi missionary kids who LIKED that photo: 10 of them, many who are also my Facebook friends and my former dorm sisters & brothers. I don't even know what to think about that.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:55 pm 

Dreamwords . . .Im so sorry that I missed your heading of Please Don't Comment on the other thread. Anyone who knows how, is welcome to take my comment down.

It's so good to hear from you! I hesitate to use the word family or sister because of the broken boundaries of the mission clubs. And yet, that is how I think of you. On those nights that you feel alone, please remember that you're NOT. I'm so sorry that this year has been rough/tough/lonely. I'm glad that you take comfort in your family, as I do in mine. One of the hard lessons which I've had to learn this year, was believing in myself and the value of my beliefs and intuitions, especially regarding friendships. I hope that the right people will go down this next jaunt in the road with you . . .friends that can wholeheartedly support and love you.

((((Big hug))))

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:05 pm 

Oh, it's fine (about the comment on the Please Don't Comment thread). I had it that way just so I could spew out information and people could read it in one place. I actually have a lot more to add to it - but don't know if there's any point now.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:51 pm 

dreamwords wrote:
SavvyWolfson wrote:
The picture of Brad Buser, CHILDREN, and Gary Earl: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 975&type=1

Nothing like coming in (very) late to the conversation....

I would bet my house that Brad Buser is 100% up on everything regarding Gary Earl. His children were younger than me but went to the same dorms. Though I would wager that, it doesn't surprise me that a New Triber wants to continue to support the Earls...

For one, no other victim has come forward. Even though everyone can see that I was not the only one involved in the investigation, nobody knows the story of abuse of anyone else. So it is only *my* word against Gary's.

For another, he and Annie have worked hard to smear my name among those in their inner circles. I have received a couple of "hate letters" from their tribe in California, including a fake cease & desist letter (Scott Ross himself says it did not come from NTM, and the lawyer on the letterhead says his name was falsely used).

What does surprise and sicken me, however, is the number of Numonohi missionary kids who LIKED that photo: 10 of them, many who are also my Facebook friends and my former dorm sisters & brothers. I don't even know what to think about that.

Look it this way sister. You've backed a rat into a corner and he's showing his true colors!!!!!!! Not many people have accomplished that, so that is great. So Gary is running a smear campaign, that's what rats do because they've had the s!!t scared out of them. Trouble with this rat is he thinks women are inferior and he's got lots of company on that one. NTM is a relic of the dinosaur past and enlightenment is only slowly creeping in, when it comes to women!!!!!!!
Let's be blunt. A lot of MKs from Numonohi have had their silence paid for!!!!!!! They're only going to speak out if there is something tangible in it for them, otherwise they'll like you on facebook and nod nicely, but let you down when the you know what hits the fan!!!!!
You're dealing with family and old boy networks that are used to keeping the lid on their filth.
Remember Scott Kennel got caught because people spoke out, so justice is possible it just takes a bit of effort and courage. Which is what you, Raz, Bemused and the real heros in this whole mess have :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next