[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Have you also been approached by an investigator recently?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:39 pm 

It has been very insensitive to rush things. Think about it: a complete stranger is emailing me over the Internet (!) to fly to Spokane, Washington via free flight and lodging (!) to talk to him about the most vulnerable and scary moment of my entire life. Um? Who would?!

I don't know the "right" way to approach us, but I can assure you this is not it.

The latest is that the lead investigator emailed me last night and says he would like to clear up some things by phone, then let me make a decision on whether or not to talk to them. He said I was correct in that this is a specific investigation and not one for all of PNG.

I haven't decided if I'll call him or not. I'm asking friends familiar with the story and "perpetrator" (as pii calls the abuser).

Another thing that makes me wary is PII is located in the same town as Scott Ross, NTM's lawyer....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:18 pm 

Hmmmmmmmmmm..........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:43 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 pm 

It all comes down to one word "Motive".

What is the motive of NTM in forming IHART to investigate it's own crimes? And the answer is grey, not black or white.

Take ICE as a comparison. When they investigate criminal activity, the motive is clear, they deal in justice and the cessation of criminal activity. And to most of us, that is exactly what we want.
Most of us have the motive of healing ourselves, others, justice and also the cessation of criminal activity.

But is the gathering of info by IHART going to result in any justice or cessation of criminal activity? Unlikely to if all as is achieved is the gathering of accounts and formulation of reports with a few recommendations. So what then is the motive? And that is the grey area, because look at who ends up with access to the information, the very people who allowed the mess in the first place. The credibility of the situation would be enhanced if there had been positive proof that past measures taken had yielded good results, but that hasn't happened, as we now find ourselves in the scenario that ICE has detained an alleged current offender and there is considerable time and effort being spent defending lawsuits with delaying tactics. Add in that, there are still NTM members and ex members saying that there was little and no abuse, then there are grounds for questioning the whole motive of an investigation implemented to take the place of the GRACE inquiry, which did carry credibility.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:38 pm 

Dear MKs & families,

We wanted to update you on the investigations and to respond to some other concerns that have reached us. We are waiting, like you, for the finalization of the East Brazil findings. While we wish the findings were already out, we believe that the delays are because of the investigative team’s efforts to make the report as complete and accurate as possible.

My main reason for writing to you is that some people have wondered if a new regional field investigation has begun. I would like to clarify that investigators will not open any new regional investigations until at least one of the current investigations has been completed.

While no new regional investigation has been opened, NTM has requested that a team from Pii research allegations against a current member. This follows NTM’s protocol of responding immediately to allegations regarding current members. Over the time of this whole investigative process, as the occasion has arisen, we have asked different investigators to review allegations against current members involving historical incidents. We believe these individual investigations are necessary to protect current MKs.

Brad Brown is one of the investigators working for Pii. Questions regarding any Pii investigator can be made to Bob Davis or Linda Davis of Professional Investigators International. Their contact information is: bob@teampii.com or linda@teampii.com (509) 368-7441.

If you ever have any questions, please contact me. As a members of the Child Protection Team, Brian Coombs (brian.coombs@ntm.org) & I are available for your questions.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:41 pm 

Posted with permission; an e-mail just sent out by Tibby Westcott. This may clarify this PNG investigation a bit. It confirms that a full-scale investigation of PNG has not yet been initiated.

Dear MKs & families,

We wanted to update you on the investigations and to respond to some other concerns that have reached us. We are waiting, like you, for the finalization of the East Brazil findings. While we wish the findings were already out, we believe that the delays are because of the investigative team’s efforts to make the report as complete and accurate as possible.

My main reason for writing to you is that some people have wondered if a new regional field investigation has begun. I would like to clarify that investigators will not open any new regional investigations until at least one of the current investigations has been completed.

While no new regional investigation has been opened, NTM has requested that a team from Pii research allegations against a current member. This follows NTM’s protocol of responding immediately to allegations regarding current members. Over the time of this whole investigative process, as the occasion has arisen, we have asked different investigators to review allegations against current members involving historical incidents. We believe these individual investigations are necessary to protect current MKs.

Brad Brown is one of the investigators working for Pii. Questions regarding any Pii investigator can be made to Bob Davis or Linda Davis of Professional Investigators International. Their contact information is: bob@teampii.com or linda@teampii.com (509) 368-7441.

If you ever have any questions, please contact me. As a members of the Child Protection Team, Brian Coombs (brian.coombs@ntm.org) & I are available for your questions.

Sincerely,

Tibby Westcott

DCP
1000 E. First Street
Sanford, FL 32771
407-547-2315

You are receiving this e-mail as you had requested updates from NTM regarding the historic abuse investigations. If you no longer wish to receive any updates, please reply to this e-mail to have you name removed from the mailing list. If you know of anyone who would like to be added to the list, please let us know. Thank you.

Please see this note at the end. It tells you how you can be added to Tibby's e-mailing list, if you did not personally receive this e-mail, and would like to receive updates.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:42 pm 

Oops, sorry dbarney ... a repeat of what you were posting at the same time.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:22 pm 

What a joke you are NTM (except its not funny and never has been)....."NTMs protocol of responding immediately to allegations against current members".

Seems its only the sins of current members that matter. Ex-members carry on doing what you were doing when in NTM. So kids abused by ex-members just don't count huh. So when a NTM pedophile thinks someone is catching up, quick smart just leave the mission and well, you are not a current member so your abuse isn't so important and they don't "immediately" need to call a meeting with PR and lawyers present. Go figure.

What a perverted world NTM have created for themselves. Not sure our friends in the Catholic church have even thought of this level of bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next