[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Have you also been approached by an investigator recently?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:14 pm 

If you are wondering where you might have heard of Pii before, please take some time to read through the thread on this website entitled ABWE, under Non NTM Abusive Environments.

ABWE initially hired GRACE to do an investigation and report on the sexual abuse of some of their MKs in Bangladesh. After GRACE had done extensive investigative work, and was within weeks of publishing their report, which I would expect would have been as comprehensive and as scathing as the report GRACE did on the NTM school in Fanda, ABWE fired GRACE!

And who did they hired to take over the investigation?

Aha!

Professional Investigators International!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:26 pm 

Some of the MKs from ABWE who were affected by the abuse perpetrated by the ABWE missionary doctor in Bangladesh also have a website.

http://bangladeshmksspeak.wordpress.com/

If you have the time, you can learn a lot on this blog about what the ABWE MKs have gone through during their long journey to find justice. It is clear from this blog that these MKs should be part of any investigation into abuse in Bangladesh.

They also have a Facebook page. Here is an update written in June about how Pii is handling its investigation into abuse in Bangladesh:

"Many of you have watched faithfully and sent encouraging notes of continued prayer for us. To update you on things from our end: ABWE has still not contacted us personally, in any way, to talk about terminating their agreement with GRACE. Furthermore, their new investigative firm, PII, has not made any effort to contact us as well. We are confident that none of this has gone unnoticed by our good God, who judges righteously. We rest in and are assured by that knowledge. Our hope is in Him. It cannot be in man, for the men & women of ABWE will surely continue to look only to their own interests. They have manipulated, used and deceived us in ways that have been deeply hurtful but we have laid those hurts at the feet of Jesus, knowing that He knows and He cares and -- He will have the final word in all of this."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:09 pm 

ouch. What a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:56 pm 

Some people can write poetry.
Some can do great research and analysis.
(Some can do both.)

Thank you ALL.

This is truly alarming.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:44 pm 

http://bangladeshmksspeak.wordpress.com/

This is the first time I have read in detail about the mess in ABWE. Those counselor diaries are something else.

I have a question - why would an under age child be asked to repent and seek forgiveness for adultery?

I do not understand that. Perhaps someone can explain it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:28 pm 

22_years_ago, this re-victimization of child sex abuse victims is unbelievably common in the Christian setting. People are so ignorant, and don't know how to respond, so they respond the wrong way, and heap guilt and shame on minors, who should be receiving compassion, validation and protection. They should be getting justice, not judgment, but the mishandling of these cases happens all the time.

Here is a quote from a non-NTM incest victim, which I just read today:

"A few years ago, a Pastor told me that I was like one of Lot’s daughters. I dishonored my father by letting him abuse me from age 4 to 9 years of age. The pastor's words has caused more pain than my father’s abuse."

Isn't that just horrific!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:16 pm 

It's disgraceful and a very good reason for throwing this person out of their role as pastor. Anyone who talks this nonsense is not fit to be in the role of Shepherd to innocent lambs.

I agree, where is the compassion?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:08 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:07 pm 

22 years ago, Why would they ask a victim to sign a confession? Because Dr. Donn William Ketcham was one of the "good ole boys" and frankly I think they wanted the churches in America to think he was seduced. ABWE knew Dr. Donn William Ketcham was an adulterer (with a nurse at a hospital in the USA) before he even went to the field of Bangladesh. A nurse was sent home (USA) from Bangladesh because of her sexual involvement with Dr. Donn William Ketcham. Dr. Donn William Ketcham was sent to the hospital in Chittagong for his punishment. From my understanding he never bothered married women. Dr. Donn William Ketcham had another "indiscretion" and was sent back to the States for counseling. From what I understand the field missionaries warned single nurses that arrived in Bangladesh about him. ABWE protected this man with all their might and I believe the fact he was a DOCTOR and a FRIEND was the reason. When he couldn't have the nurses he went for the young girls who were under his professional care. I know that sounds rather crude but that is the fact of the matter. This man was unstoppable and Dr. Russ Ebesole, Dr. Russ Lloyd and Dr. Wendell Kempton (now deceased) is at the top of the list as being culpable. Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next