MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:35 pm 

I've been thinking lately about the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman. I
don't think that we can comprehend how scandalous of a thing Jesus did there!
Also with the woman who wiped his feet with her hair or how he dealt with the
adulterous woman. Jesus was so outside the religious 'box' of his day and yet
today we seem to want to stuff him back into one. It's no wonder people aren't
sure they want to get to know him...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:08 pm 

AnotherMK wrote:
I've been thinking lately about the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman. I
don't think that we can comprehend how scandalous of a thing Jesus did there!
Also with the woman who wiped his feet with her hair or how he dealt with the
adulterous woman. Jesus was so outside the religious 'box' of his day and yet
today we seem to want to stuff him back into one. It's no wonder people aren't
sure they want to get to know him...

:!: :!:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:20 pm 

I've been reading a book by John Eldredge called Beautiful Outlaw. It's
changing a lot of what I thought I knew about Jesus.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:27 pm 

AnotherMK wrote:

I think I need to read that book!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:05 pm 

AnotherMK wrote:

agreed! I had to read it through a second time, as the first time I couldn't put it down and didn't give myself time to digest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:01 pm 

Aussie wrote:
Bemused wrote:
Aussie wrote:
There were tribers in PNG that were into the occult!!!!!!

Yes, I think it was a pretty rare occurrence but it did occur. I don't think there is any point in exposing who was involved, those who need to know about this already do.
There is a well documented non NTM case of a missionary involving themselves with the occult and then the disastrous disintegration of the family and their tragic demise.

I can't for the life of me explain what some of the Tribers at Numonohi were doing there, having little interest in the indigenous people (even abusing them), beating and sexually abusing children. It was the exact opposite to what Christ extoled, but I think it was a symptom of their perverted personas and unbridled thirst for control over others, rather than any occult ritual. But then I could be wrong and nothing would surprise me when it comes to Numonohi anymore.

So the revelation that the occult was being practised in NTM doesn't shock anyone?????? Holy cow, we're either immune to this stuff or it's more common than anyone is letting on!!!!!!! That's real scary. Or is this another one of those no go subjects that we don't talk about??????

Anyone else grow up with the story line that we were serving in the Devils own country and it was spiritual warfare and now wonders what side who was on, cuz what was going on in my neck of the woods sure wasn't the work of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to hear more about occult practices at Numonohi, Aussie, and I imagine others would too.

I moved this into the PNG section. There are some readers who are new to this forum, who are trying to sort out all these different countries, events and concerns.

So tell us more, if you'd like to. We are listening!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:24 pm 

Hi, Aussie!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:02 pm 

Aussie wrote:

So the revelation that the occult was being practised in NTM doesn't shock anyone?????? Holy cow, we're either immune to this stuff or it's more common than anyone is letting on!!!!!!! That's real scary. Or is this another one of those no go subjects that we don't talk about??????

Anyone else grow up with the story line that we were serving in the Devils own country and it was spiritual warfare and now wonders what side who was on, cuz what was going on in my neck of the woods sure wasn't the work of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!

Three years ago I found out that our NTM neighbour in PNG had gone to jail. That came as a shock, after all he had been a relatively decent person, especially when compared with some of the other men on offer. Yet when I spoke to my father about it, he didn't seem at all shocked, despite him claiming this was the first he'd heard about it and then he went on to say that it was none of his concern, nor was any of the abuse (which he now claims never happened) was any of his concern. And that was for me a shock, that this so call "servant of the lord" did not care and was brave enough to say he didn't.
So now it is out that there was the exact opposite of Christianity being practised and it doesn't raise an eyebrow publicly, that's hardly surprising, it's just another fact to add to the collection, I suspect.
Of course given how widely read this excellent forum has come to be by many good folk, it is quite likely that the matter is being discussed and the big gossip of the week is "so who are those Downunder MKs referring too", put that will only be in private.

Alas it would only appear that a large cut in sponsorship will awaken many, rape, sodomy, adultery, sexual perversion, racism, theft, beating and trail of broken lives won't.

But then, it can all be blamed on backslidden brothers and sisters who yielded to the relentless temptations of the devil, while they toiled in his godforsaken land and forgiveness is always plentiful if the closing of a blind eye doesn't cut the mustard first.
And that is totally wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:17 am 

Totally!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:15 am 

AnotherMK wrote:

I read this a couple of years ago... I shall have to dig it out and read it again I think...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next