[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Time to Tell the Secrets

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Time to Tell the Secrets
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:30 am 

Heard on one of my favorite TV shows, Criminal Minds:

"For every good reason there is to lie, there is a better reason to tell the truth."
Bo Benett

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:29 am 

I'm not sure I have many more secrets to tell, my families dirty laundry has gone well up the flagpole and the whole world can see it. It hasn't made my father come clean, just proved that alas I'm right and made my suspicions closer to provable fact.

As I've dug further and further into the murky world of NTMs dirty laundry it staggers me to what extent the lies are being told. I'm not dealing with the ordinary Joe and Jane missionary, but those who have had or do have positions of responsibility. It is staggering to be told how many of these personal "know nothing", but on double checking one finds out they were there when an incident took place.

As a child I didn't trust a lot of what I was told, some of it was a gut feeling that there was something a little unbelieveable, some of it was based on what my questioning mind could see and hear. Now it looks like I've been right all these years, but I only knew a fraction of what was going on.

The secrets will remain, unless questions are asked. There is a saying, "ask no questions, be told no lies".
Behold Bemused doth say unto thee, "Ask the questions and note who is telling the lies".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:42 am 

I don't want to tell my secrets, but I want to hear the truth from NTM.

Why did you let so many paedophiles go free?
Were you so scared that the negative publicity generated would affect donations, that you acted so shamefully?
Who gave the orders for foul deeds to be hidden?
Why are you so gutless and not answer any questions about this?

What do you want?
Do you want us to turn up on your doorstep and show you the wrists that have been slashed in an attempt to end it all?
Do you want to see our medical files of abortions carried out to get rid of the evidence of what you allowed to happen to us?
Are you scared that your precious mission will have to pay for the deeds it allowed?

Why have you not written to every family that ever served and asked, are your kids o.k.?
Why have you not offered counseling to those who are so messed up?

What are the secrets that you shreded?
What are the secrets?

Oh and don't get some lacky to write, "we really feel for you", or "my heart breaks" or "I weep with you".
Just start being honest, before it is to late!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 am 

Yes, I think that is what we are attempting to do.

Right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm 

RIGHT-O!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm 

I've got a secret that I've never told my parents, because they'd never believe it is true. I'm actually HAPPY.
Yes, me, happy. Hard to believe isn't it?

The relief of finding out that one is not alone with the demons of the past and then being able to deal with them is exhilirating beyond expression. Having the freedom at last to write what has been hidden for so long, is mind blowing.

Oh life isn't perfect, there is still a lot of work to be done in relation to the abuse of children worldwide, but just for a moment I'd like to reflect on my own journey and say I am indeed truly HAPPY. And a heartfelt thankyou to those who have been involved in the journey so far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:25 pm 

You have been super, Befused, and we thank YOU!
So GLAD that you are finding hope and joy. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:30 am 

This is my first time to catch up on the blogs and forums of hurting missionary kids but I couldn't believe what I read when I got on the bangladeshmksspeak blog. Dr. Donn William Ketcham of Allendale, Michigan has surrendered his medical license with "no contest." He is guilty as can be, even signed a confession but this makes me happy for those little girls who are now women. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the beginning of the end. You can access this information on Wood TV 8 of Allendale, Michigan. I now hope ABWE will have to stand accountability for letting this man return to America and continue to practice medicine even after they knew he was a pedophile. ABWE might now wish they hadn't considered this doctor one of their favourite sons. Dr. Donn William Ketcham will NOT go down as a hero of the faith. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 am 

Well done, this is welcome news. Is there any details on how this came about? Was there as sudden emergence of a conscience or a yielding to pressure?