[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Time to Tell the Secrets

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:15 pm 

WOW!! This is the sort of news that is worth being woken for any time of the day or night. My thanks to a small dog who needs to be let out for a leak at unearthly hours.

Heres to our Bangladesh MK's.....we raise a glass!!!

Every victory big or small is celebrated by us all. It has little to do with whether or not this was the individual who destroyed our youth. It has everything to do with some understanding of the road we have traveled.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm 

Yes! Cheers to victory! Hear, hear!!
:D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:31 pm 

Bemused,

You can give all credit to these wonderful wounded women who started the bangladeshmksspeak blog as they forced ABWE to turn him in. They of course said it would not have done any good to do this in 1989. Yeah, sure! Funny it sure did good now. I think gaol will be his next abode. Some defenders make me so cranky as they use the long time ago and age excuse. I say who cares about that. ABWE is now acting like they are pro active in all this. Yeah, sure! I hate to sound negative as this is very positive news but still so very sad. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 pm 

Bemused,

Just one more thing. No sorry but no sudden emergence of conscience. That is a shame as he is guilty, said so himself in 1989 by a signed confession. I believe as Christians, which he of course claims to be, that when we sin we are to confess and make right. Of course I realize he cannot undo what he did to these girls but confession and repentance would go a long way to help these girls. I don't envy him if he goes to gaol. Most people (wherever they live) don't like pedophiles. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 pm 

Your persistance in chasing this paedophile has paid off, it is an encouragement for those of us who have our sights on a lengthening list of paedophiles on this site.
Keep us posted on further developments and outcomes.
In the meantime, take a little time to reflect and celebrate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:04 pm 

I've been having an enlightened discussion with one of my knowledgeable friends.

I didn't realise that when I was in PNG, that policy had evolved considerably differently from other "fields" and that PNG had become to the right of most other fields. i.e. the separationist issue I remember being a big issue when I was an MK, I just assumed this was a NTM policy, but turns out this was not the case at all.

I'm aware that NTM Australia (now Crossview Australia) has certainly evolved into something rather different than NTM USA, but wasn't aware of the level of autonomy going on even 30 years ago.

It has been mentioned that PNG was a collection point for missionary rejects. While I'm sure the average tribal missionary was doing their job to the best of their ablility, there were certainly enough "odd bods" at Numonohi to lead me not to disagree with this astute observation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmkor9WF0U

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 pm 

For lack of a better spot, I'll post this here:

I would encourage to check out this site. Lots of good stuff there, and like them on Facebook if you are so inclined.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:33 pm 

Thanks for the link.
That's a disturbing account, a female missionary is subjected to a sexual assault and when she discusses it with leadership, it somehow becomes her fault for the way she dresses.
It's completely crazy thinking and any leader who participates in this sort of defense of an offender behaviour should be removed. But that wouldn't happen.

There are similar accounts relating to NTM, where the victim takes the blame for an offenders behaviour. Too many accounts.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:02 pm 

I have a feeling this happened a lot more than we knew and I am sure with the attitude toward women in the mission community it still is happening today. And of course it is something the woman does that is to blame. I guess some people just miss that verse that says male and female are equal. All this stupidity about men having the authority over women has lead to so many problems. I can't figure out why some men claim to have the authority yet something as simple as clothes can make them lose all their morals. And they think they are wise enough to give women orders. Where is their strength?

But it will keep happening until women stand up and claim their equality. God made everyone equal and He loves all. No one has a corner on God. And thank God for the men who know this and defend the rights of women

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next