MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:01 am 

Still LOVE your pants!
Never saw another pair like that. :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:19 pm 

This article came across my Facebook feed today, even though it was published almost a year ago. There are very interesting parallels to the NTM situation we are all very aware of.

Trigger warning: Descriptions of sexual, mental, and physical abuse. http://micahjmurray.com/dear-bill-gothard/

And what no one in NTM leadership seems to understand:
Quote:
You left me to spend the rest of my life walking along on a path of brokenness. The scars of abuse do not fade with the years nor do their patterns and behaviors cease even with great amounts of intention. They cripple and maim. And they do not go away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:28 pm 

Please follow-up on my other post in the Bill Gothard thread:

http://fandaeagles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1354&p=31063#p31063

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 pm 

JerryB wrote:
This article came across my Facebook feed today, even though it was published almost a year ago. There are very interesting parallels to the NTM situation we are all very aware of.

Trigger warning: Descriptions of sexual, mental, and physical abuse. http://micahjmurray.com/dear-bill-gothard/

And what no one in NTM leadership seems to understand:
Quote:
You left me to spend the rest of my life walking along on a path of brokenness. The scars of abuse do not fade with the years nor do their patterns and behaviors cease even with great amounts of intention. They cripple and maim. And they do not go away.

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!! This message is all wrong!!!!!!!! The only person who makes anyone stay a victim for the rest of their lives, is the abused themselves!!!!!!!! Of course the abuser doesn't care, they rarely do, but we aren't tied to our abusers, unless we let ourselves be. This is what Fanda Eagles is all about, healing ourselves!!!!!!! Finding others who have been on the same journey and helping each other.
If your scars aren't healing after many years, then for Godsake get help!!!!!!! Otherwise you will always be a victim and never become a survivor and in the end it will probably kill you!!!!!!
Come on folks, think this through. This sort of quote is total rubbish, it does a disservice to our friends who try to help us, our therapists and God!!!!!!! It is defeatist CRAP!!!!!!!!!

And reading it makes me really WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:28 am 

I posted my reply to this over in the other thread.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm 

Quote:
Aussie Wrote:
Quote:

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!! This message is all wrong!!!!!!!! The only person who makes anyone stay a victim for the rest of their lives, is the abused themselves!!!!!!!! Of course the abuser doesn't care, they rarely do, but we aren't tied to our abusers, unless we let ourselves be. This is what Fanda Eagles is all about, healing ourselves!!!!!!! Finding others who have been on the same journey and helping each other.
If your scars aren't healing after many years, then for Godsake get help!!!!!!! Otherwise you will always be a victim and never become a survivor and in the end it will probably kill you!!!!!!
Come on folks, think this through. This sort of quote is total rubbish, it does a disservice to our friends who try to help us, our therapists and God!!!!!!! It is defeatist CRAP!!!!!!!!!

And reading it makes me really WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. One of the major components of being with Fanda Eagles for me is healing. I now have a better understanding of my past and others journeys too.
I don't spend the time I used to feeling sorry for myself and wondering why it happened and dwelling on the what ifs. I've come to realise that what happened was not my fault, it was just what life dealt me. Many others have had much worse experiences and gone on to live fulfilling lives and alas some have had experiences that they have only just limped into an existence from.
But the beginning of any journey begins with a few steps, not standing still. Taking those steps is a choice to be made, slipping is inevitable, scars are real, but time does heal if we take steps to let it do so. And the journey is much easier with the company of others going on similar paths.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6