[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - CALL TO ACTION!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CALL TO ACTION!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 am 
Site Admin

I spoke with my mom recently. She has changed churches and there are a few NT families that attend her new church. This particular time my mom was anxious to discuss the forum as it had been a topic of discussion among the NTer’s at her church. She began by parroting the line that NT is doing everything possible. They are a different EC. Her words continued to the familiar tune of “NT has changed, they are moving forward towards a resolution.” I pointed out that if we continue with the investigations on the same path as the current one, NT will have the luxury of decades to continue “investigating.”

She wondered why now I am so passionate about this issue. I tried to explain that the majority of my life has been lived in a guilt-ridden, never good enough, NT- raised haze.

My mom (and I believe this is the party line) is adamant that we (mk’s) should sit back and let God handle it. This made me very angry. Angry at the spreading apathy, at the total disregard of one’s responsibilities to one’s fellow man, your compadre MK, your children!

Let’s remember, in its four-decade (at least) knowledge of abuse, NT has not once turned any abuser over to the proper authorities in any country. (Please correct me if I am wrong and I don’t believe that calling anonymously here in this country qualifies as reporting abuse.)

Make no mistake, NT is playing politics. This is not a right or wrong issue for them. This is “let’s wait it out and see if they go away (again).” A good man (my hubby) is fond of saying, “there is no NO in politics.” Keep that in mind and let’s get motivated.

We have choices. So…

…I choose to not sit back casually.

…I choose to physically be involved.

…I believe in the support of one’s fellow man, not only in prayer, but to take a stand. Remember all the humiliations suffered when out witnessing during Bible School? How much easier is this? Much, much easier. ;)

Let’s get a call to action going again for the remaining schools. Word is a powerful tool. Keep talking to your family and friends. Keep the issue foremost in NT’s mind. Be that buzzing mosquito in people’s ears. Do not let them forget!

Let’s repost again where we can mail, email, call and make our voice heard (again) LOUDLY.

Can we say class-action?

Post subject: Re: CALL TO ACTION!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:50 pm 

Thank you, threewillows! What a powerful, rousing call to action!!

Today I found myself at an event where there were many NTMers in attendance. Smiles, hugs, and turmoil in my heart. Making nice, while what I really wanted to do was hop on a chair and start yelling, "What about the MKs??????"

Oh, it was such a relief to get away.

You, and I, and so many others who read and post here suffer the pain of still being too close to NTM through the connections we have with people we love. People we love, who love NTM. It is so hard, because we KNOW what they are thinking, what they are praying for, and their sanctimonious opinion of those of us who won't sit back and let God handle it.

Wow, this is so hard. And it's getting harder, I think. The longer we wait and hope -- with such discouraging results -- the more disappointed our loved ones are in us because we just won't let this drop.

You are not alone, threewillows.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:10 pm 

I am an outsider to NTM of which I am glad. It was bad enough when we were with ABWE. New Tribes had a mission very close to where we lived in Sydney, in fact a couple who attended there was granted permission to attend our church, they were great Christians and later returned to New Zealand, their home. That is basically my only contact of a personal nature with NTM so who am I to add my thoughts? I am a born again believer who doesn't believe sin should be condoned and if that sin is a criminal offense it should be reported to the authorities, any authority no matter what country and if that country can't handle it then why would a mission not turn it over to the American authorities to which most of the victims and criminals came from? But............like I keep saying, I don't care how bad and ugly these missions get, they are going to keep on keeping on, churches just don't care. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Jesus did not [i]sit back and let God handle it[i] in the temple. He took action! He was righteously pissed!

Let follow that example! http://fandaeagles.com/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=788#

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 pm 

Raz mentioned "People...who love NTM".

In my humble opinion, that is where this entire mess began and where the lack of ability and desire to clean up this mess continues. As long as there remain relevant people within and without NTM who "love NTM", there will be no permanent resolution.

New course recommendations:
First year Bridal School students: "100 Reasons to Fall in Love, but not with NTM"
Second year Bridal School students: "100 Reasons to Love Your Fiance, but not NTM"
First year at Missouri Luxury Resort: "100 Reasons to Love Your Wife, but not NTM"
Second year at Missour Luxury Resort: "100 Reasons to Love Your Wife and Children, but not NTM"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:54 pm 

LIKE!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 pm 

Thank you threewillows. This CANNOT STOP.
NTM MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
Their behavior tells me they don't truly belive what the teach.
"Let God handle it"?! WTF?!?!?!
In my opinion these churches are a big part of the problem.
I know for a fact of at least one NTM-affiliated church that also believes it's above the law.
Their SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS HAS BLINDED THEM.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 am 

I'm not a big fan of the Wall street protests, but it got me thinking. What if protests were planned outside of NTM headquarters - Not camping out, but maybe an organized weekend in FL. This would certainly bring attention to the issue in a way that hasn't occurred before and no doubt other organizations and people would get involved if it was abuse in the church as a whole. It could bring the local media at the very least.

Then again, 99% of the people are anonymous on here (including me) and most of us probably want to keep it that way. Coordination would be difficult as well not to mention financial obligations.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:37 am