[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - WE WANT GRACE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WE WANT GRACE
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:38 pm 

we want GRACE...need I say more

Post subject: Re: WE WANT GRACE
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:57 pm 

Call GRACE - it's the only way I will trust your motives

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 am 

Did GRACE use NTM servers?

NTM, I hope you will listen to the victims. I realize that this issue is of great concern to you all, both as individuals and as an organization. But, at the end of the day, it really is all about the victims, and they should be deferred to when at all practicable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:38 am 

GRACE's web site seems oddly quiet. Anybody?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

I believe that the GRACE team is beginning another investigation. This was on their Facebook page:
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism Requests G.R.A.C.E. Facilitate and Direct a Third Party Investigation http://bit.ly/ecsNSW

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:25 pm 

I was told that Grace have full time jobs apart from investigating sex abuse cases. When they did the Fanda report it was part time. Basically I got the impression that NTM wants some one who can give full time attention to this not part time.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 pm 

You know what, Tuti? It would really speak volumes to me if NTM were to officially EXPLAIN exactly why they chose not to go with GRACE. The reason you gave sounds fairly reasonable - but I am likely much more gullible than most (I can hear Sitting Duck snorting all the way from Canada)

So they don't want to post it on their website - it might detract from their noble causes. POST IT HERE. OFFICIALLY. Start a thread that is titled "Official responses to your questions and accusations" - USE it. Something. Anyone have a better idea??

Their silence (other than a random and occasional comment from Andy or Tibby) is pretty insulting & infuriating. Can they really think it is the high road - to remain silent?

At this point - it may be too late for them to even regain the trust of many.

Their silence is insulting, infuriating, condemning, avoiding, arrogant, and cold-hearted - all in true NTM fashion. "Let's not get carried away by our emotions here." Always control. Always avoiding and skirting accusations. Always silent - be it pedophiles, child-abuse, or the light of truth shining in their face.

Read a different thread. A post by Sitting Duck. It will make you cry. I did. The silence of adults all around him as he was subtly, yet publicly tortured and mistreated in a worship setting. Silence is not always the godly choice. It can add fuel. It can support evildoers. It can wound for a lifetime.

SPEAK UP, NTM. Stop the silence.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:12 pm 

Tuti, on March 29, 2011, Bonnie posted this:

"I just got an email from Boz this morning (GRACE).

"I also wanted to write because on a number of occasions I have been told that there are many NTM MK's who have an understanding that GRACE declined an offer to investigate the other NTM missionary boarding schools. Though I am unsure as to the source of this understanding, it is completely without merit. In fact, GRACE communicated with NTM its willingness to coordinate those investigations since we already had a working relationship with NTM and a bond of trust with the MKs. Our offer was declined. I can only speculate as to why NTM has chosen a different route, but we want to make sure you all understand that our lack of involvement is not of our own choosing. We would greatly appreciate if you could communicate this truth to the other MKs. Please know that GRACE continues to be available to serve you all in whatever capacity needed...we are honored to do so.
Continuing to pray...
Boz
"

I don't doubt, Tuti, that you were given the impression that NTM decided not to use GRACE for very selfless reasons and that they did so because they had the interests of abused MKs foremost in their heart. I don't doubt at all, that you "got that impression".

But I personally don't buy that explanation. There are reasons GRACE is not being used. "Time" is not one of the true reasons. "Money" is not one of the reasons.

That's all I have to say about that. But I do feel constrained to say that, in the interest of TRUTH.

By the way, Tuti, it's good to see a post from you. I was just thinking of you today, wondering how you are, and wondering if you are continuing your courageous, lonely fight for justice for abused MKs.

As am I.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:25 am 
Site Admin

Sherpa - why is your way the only way? No one else is allowed to express anger. If we don’t meet up to your standards of what you consider the Godly approach - it’s wrong, it’s revenge, it’s not Biblical.